Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    This looks ahem... interesting...

Oh my God, is that Kurt Russell??!

*swoon*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Oh my God, is that Kurt Russell??!

*swoon*

So this must have been you?? :pac:

https://twitter.com/netflixuk/status/1050129136537223174?s=21

How dare yo... okay maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

This looks ahem... interesting...

After getting very excited about 'A very Murray Christmas' I am setting my expectations low for this one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sky Cinema Christmas channel starts on November 7th this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭matchthis

Home alone on e4 :D

I recorded it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

People prob already know this but Netflix are doing a sequel to A Christmas Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtd3OBkGg64

Out end of November :D I know A Christmas Prince was totally predictable but I loved it so am looking forward to this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

CheerLouth wrote: »
    People prob already know this but Netflix are doing a sequel to A Christmas Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtd3OBkGg64

Out end of November :D I know A Christmas Prince was totally predictable but I loved it so am looking forward to this :pac:

My god-daughter loves that film and is always watching it, she will be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A Christmas Prince is a classic. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I watched The Christmas Train at the weekend. Amazing cast for a Hallmark movie - Dermot Mulroney, Danny Glover, Joan Cusack - but the ending annoyed me more than it should have! Still worth a watch. I’m sure it will be on Christmas 24 again.

HEADS UP: The Chart Show Hits TV channel becomes Christmas Hits tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

HEADS UP: The Chart Show Hits TV channel becomes Christmas Hits tomorrow!

Or rather... In 108 minutes it becomes Christmas Hits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I guess there's Ms Brown's specials on again thus year ???

Really Xmas tv has gone downhill since they stopped airing xmas speicals of popular UK comedies e.g. Only Fools, Royle Family (obv can't due to the sad death of Ahern) etc

Netflix and the darts it look likes for me this year

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I guess there's Ms Brown's specials on again thus year ???

Really Xmas tv has gone downhill since they stopped airing xmas speicals of popular UK comedies e.g. Only Fools, Royle Family (obv can't due to the sad death of Ahern) etc

Netflix and the darts it look likes for me this year

2 more Mrs Browns specials again this year :(

I bloody love the darts at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭DvB

2 more Mrs Browns specials again this year :(

I bloody love the darts at Christmas.

Enjoy the darts myself, Mrs Browns boys less so! In fact not at all.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I was looking through the TV guide last weekend, and Channel 5 seems to have a lot of Christmas Movies on....
    We only have Saorview and Free Satelite channels, we.r not great telly people, so I must have a look and see if we have
    Channel 5.
    Heading to cinema on Sunday with my teenager. It.l be either the Nutcracker or The Gringe.....

HEADS UP: The MTV Rocks TV channel becomes MTV Xmas tomorrow!

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Enjoy the darts myself, Mrs Browns boys less so! In fact not at all.
    Couldn't agree more. Love darts season. Do not enjoy Mrs Brown season.

Christmas Double Issue TV Magazines will cover Saturday 22nd Dec 2018 to Friday 4th Jan 2019 and should be available in some areas from Saturday 8th Dec and in all regions by Tuesday 11 Dec

Which is frightening close!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Here is the confirmed BBC Christmas TV Schedule in all of it's glory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/xmas18tv

BBC One

Watership Down - Two feature length episode mini series
    Lés Miserables - New 6 part series
    Click & Collect - New comedy series
    Take That & Us - One off music special featuring Take That with special guests.

BBC Two

Inside The Christmas Factory - A 3 part series covering Quality Street Christmas tins, Royal Mail Christmas Post & Parcels & the good Olde Christmas Turkey
    Goodness Gracious Me. 20 years Innit!
    How Tickled we Were! - A look back at the history of the late Ken Dodd's comedy & music career.

BBC Four

Fleetwood Mac: A Musical History
    After the Screaming Stops - This covers the band Bros.

Here is the confirmed BBC Christmas TV Schedule in all of it's glory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/xmas18tv

BBC One

Watership Down - Two feature length episode mini series
    LMiserables - New 6 part series
    Click & Collect - New comedy series
    Take That & Us - One off music special featuring Take That with special guests.

BBC Two

Inside The Christmas Factory - A 3 part series covering Quality Street Christmas tins, Royal Mail Christmas Post & Parcels & the good Olde Christmas Turkey
    Goodness Gracious Me. 20 years Innit!
    How Tickled we Were! - A look back at the history of the late Ken Dodd's comedy & music career.

BBC Four

Fleetwood Mac: A Musical History
    After the Screaming Stops - This covers the band Bros.

Not a bad selection to be fair, and the music documentaries are always great on BBC4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I must look out for both of those!

In documentary, the illustrious careers of comedian Billy Connolly

BBC are also documenting Billy Connolly's career, that should be a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Is it just my family that doesn't bother with TV on Christmas day? The quality of shows notwithstanding, we spend most of the day in the kitchen eating and drinking. A big breakfast after opening presents, then some board games until the in-laws arrive for dinner around 5, then a night of merriment and more board games until the younger kids go home.

As a child, we'd watch from getting up til dinner time (with a break for Mass, natch) then after dinner until nightfall. I've got to say though I much prefer what we do now with absolutely no telly. Of course, I still record anything I personally want to see and will watch it later, although if I've not watched the show by new year's eve, I generally delete it without watching - can't be doing with watching a Christmas themed show in January :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

corblimey wrote: »
    Is it just my family that doesn't bother with TV on Christmas day? The quality of shows notwithstanding, we spend most of the day in the kitchen eating and drinking. A big breakfast after opening presents, then some board games until the in-laws arrive for dinner around 5, then a night of merriment and more board games until the younger kids go home.

As a child, we'd watch from getting up til dinner time (with a break for Mass, natch) then after dinner until nightfall. I've got to say though I much prefer what we do now with absolutely no telly. Of course, I still record anything I personally want to see and will watch it later, although if I've not watched the show by new year's eve, I generally delete it without watching - can't be doing with watching a Christmas themed show in January :D

In my experience once people are grown up board games are a disaster because they cause micro little fights that can cause bigger ones and then some relatives are to slow to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

The tv was only put on in our house for the news or in the Den (tiny tv) to keep certain kids quiet. I don't remember watching TV growing up on Christmas day.

• Advertisement

Not that anyone will forget the Late Late Toy Show is on THIS Friday :)

Advertisement