Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV Thread 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,182 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

corblimey wrote: »
    Is it just my family that doesn't bother with TV on Christmas day? The quality of shows notwithstanding, we spend most of the day in the kitchen eating and drinking. A big breakfast after opening presents, then some board games until the in-laws arrive for dinner around 5, then a night of merriment and more board games until the younger kids go home.

If people are just milling about then I'd turn on something backgroundy like Carols from Kings \ Christchurch, Xmas Top of the Tops, Michael Buble Christmas or Celtic Woman Christmas... depending on your audience.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Not that anyone will forget the Late Late Toy Show is on THIS Friday :)

There is also three Late Late Toy Show specials looking back on previous shows - tonight, tomorrow and Friday at 7pm on RTE One

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭DvB

kitten_k wrote: »
    There is also three Late Late Toy Show specials looking back on previous shows - tonight, tomorrow and Friday at 7pm on RTE One

The kids will love this!!! Thank you for the heads up!!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

DvB wrote: »

No bother. I only know about it as I heard it on the radio today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

DvB wrote: »

The kids.

Suuuuuuuuuure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some more lineup announcements,

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-12-02/christmas-tv-2018/

Won't be long until the RTE Christmas TV Guide will be out!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭S_D

Why is ELF not on Tv??? or on netflix?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

S_D wrote: »
    Why is ELF not on Tv??? or on netflix?!

Is Elf on TV this year?

Yes! Elf will air on ITV at 6pm on Sunday 16th December.

And it’s also available to stream on Amazon Prime at any time :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't get ITV in Ireland. Just TV3, or whatever it's calling itself these days.
    I got Elf on DVD last year so I can watch it whenever I want. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

10th Dec for the release of the RTE Xmas Guide. Will probably cover 22nd Dec to 4th Jan.

• Advertisement

Tonight’s Apprentice episode is Christmas themed. And chocolate themed. The dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

iseegirls wrote: »
    10th Dec for the release of the RTE Xmas Guide. Will probably cover 22nd Dec to 4th Jan.

The old one covering the week before is still on the shelves in any shop I've gone into (in Cork). Has anybody seen a copy in the wild yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

excellent BBC countryfile tonight, really christmassy

Advertisement