Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco.ie Vouchers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

redlead wrote: »
    I spend a lot in Tesco and my parents who spend very little there got the 12 euro tokens.
    Get a second clubcard with misspelling in address/name and use rarely.

I got five €5 off €25 spend, for in-store only though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This was the first year that Tesco sent us of €10 off €50 in a few years. We got the first batch in November and the other last week.We'd spend about €8000 a year in Tesco.
    The vouchers with 50c off an item or extra clubcard points aren't great. Several booklets of them at the check out just being handed out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The more you spend the less incentive there is for them to send you vouchers. They have you, they don't need to get you.

I split my shopping for non-discounter items between Dunnes, Tesco and maybe a tenth of it at Supervalu; I'm drowning in vouchers at the moment.

If you are in some situation where you absolutely cannot shop anywhere else, get a second Clubcard account to another person in the house. They do not enforce the 'one per household' rule. Alternate between them.

€10 off €50 for Tesco in Tommorows Independent.
    47045533_10157114588808470_7705681231836348416_o.png.jpg?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=27dfb9c5510527b895f5eaa395451d54&oe=5CAC01A7

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In another thread somebody said they were getting "till spits" from tesco, like spend 50 or 45 and get 10 off, getting it with their receipt like you would in dunnes.

The newer papers have 10 off a 45euro spend, valid until 16th dec

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    In another thread somebody said they were getting "till spits" from tesco, like spend 50 or 45 and get 10 off, getting it with their receipt like you would in dunnes.

The newer papers have 10 off a 45euro spend, valid until 16th dec

I don't know about getting it with your receipt but the manager handed us a voucher last Friday!

I spent just over 50 with a 50/10 newspaper voucher and used my clubcard. I got 2x 10/45 vouchers back on my receipts. The woman in front did not use her clubcard and seemed to get just 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all. I have started using Tesco.ie for my grocery home delivery shopping in the last few months after giving it a miss for a couple of years. My question is that since I've been back I haven't yet gotten an ecoupon from them with maybe a €6 coupon. When I was shopping with them previously I seem to remember them sending me the ecoupons by email fairly frequently, or is it just me?! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just got my clubcard points in the post and for second time in a row there was no money off or extra clubcard points vouchers in it just the vouchers I earned from spending even doubling them on Rewards isn't worth it theses days.

That's it I'm done with Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco are hurting from the cut-throat competition
    Have got rid of promotions, have reduced store lines compared to TescoUK, plus online deliveries don't make money for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Just got my clubcard points in the post and for second time in a row there was no money off or extra clubcard points vouchers in it just the vouchers I earned from spending even doubling them on Rewards isn't worth it theses days.

Is there better rewards offered anywhere else? I have only every used tesco as they are close.. Apart from supervalu , but their rewards system is pathetic to be honest and they stock expensive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Spend less there. I got 16 off 80 with mine and also 10 off 50 by post. There is no reward for actual loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

My mother got a few 5 off 25 vouchers yesterday. They say that they are only valid with your clubcard.
    Do they actually enforce that? What about at the self service checkout?
    She offered me some of hers.

woodyman wrote: »
    My mother got a few 5 off 25 vouchers yesterday. They say that they are only valid with your clubcard.
    Do they actually enforce that? What about at the self service checkout?
    She offered me some of hers.

I am not sure, I know people were using pictures of vouchers on their phones and the scanner could read them, so you could take a photo of her clubcard barcode.

The ones posted to The Householder just need *a* clubcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Are the vouchers ever usable for online deliveries or only when scanned in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Are the vouchers ever usable for online deliveries or only when scanned in store?

Only in store as far as the one I have got. If any voucher is valid for online use, it would be mentioned on the voucher itself with its online code.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭sceach16

Muahahaha wrote: »

Ones posted to us are specifically for use in store only

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

Anyone know when the new club card vouchers are due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

worth checking your receipts as my local Tesco are giving out vouchers with receipts €5 off a €25 spend and €10 off a €50 spend

• Advertisement

Tesco are having a special club card day soon.
    I saw ads instore last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Tesco are having a special club card day soon.
    I saw ads instore last night.

the last one was sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

I'm pretty new at the whole vouchers thing so forgive me if this has been asked umteen times.

I'm looking to get a few vouchers together to book a ferry to france next year (July 2020).

I noticed that the Christmas Savers option gives you 6eur for every 100eur you lodge but the cut off date is coming up soon.

Basically can I switch my vouchers option to Christmas Savers.. Lodge 100 and get 6 back before december... then I can bank this for the 4x boost in the new year?

Is there any catch?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

No, it is strictly prohibited. Clearly stated in terms and conditions.

kindalen wrote: »
    No, it is strictly prohibited. Clearly stated in terms and conditions.

How does Tesco prevent you from using the vouchers for boost? Are the Christmas vouchers different?

Treppen wrote: »
    How does Tesco prevent you from using the vouchers for boost? Are the Christmas vouchers different?

They are different colours and are worded differently!

They are different colours and are worded differently!

Gotcha thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Treppen wrote: »
    Gotcha thanks
    Every year I use my boost vouchers to turn into to treble phone credit for bill pay tesco. Every year without fail it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Hey. I’m looking for a Tesco coupon for this week if anyone has one they don’t want. I live in Gorey but I’ll cover postage. I want to get a few bits of clothing for the kids and they have 20% off this week so it’d be a double whammy!

One with no club card associated to it would be ideal but I’ve used my mam’s ones in the past without her club card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I stupidly let about €11 worth of clubcard vouchers expire; thought I'd ordered something with Clubcard Boost with them but I don't think the transaction went through correctly and now they're out of date. Don't suppose there's anything I can do with them now other than bin them?

Advertisement