Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Virtual Reality General Discussion / Chat Thread

13468915

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    Man oh man... Oculus Go makes it hard to go back to Rift.. even harder going back to PSVR (in terms of resolution) :(

    Rift I can get by on although it feels like I'm playing with a pair of glasses smeared with suntan oil

    Had a play of my backlog on all 3 there today in order Go -> Rift -> PSVR... and just noticed the whole resolution difference in a big way like going from BluRay -> DVD -> VHS

    Gonna struggle with my backlog, but still determined to get through them!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭ Skerries




  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭ Icyseanfitz


    That meme is pretty spot on, clicked order on a rift, 4 hours later PSU dies :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭ kerplun k


    mrcheez wrote: »
    Man oh man... Oculus Go makes it hard to go back to Rift.. even harder going back to PSVR (in terms of resolution) :(

    Rift I can get by on although it feels like I'm playing with a pair of glasses smeared with suntan oil

    Had a play of my backlog on all 3 there today in order Go -> Rift -> PSVR... and just noticed the whole resolution difference in a big way like going from BluRay -> DVD -> VHS

    Gonna struggle with my backlog, but still determined to get through them!

    I've seen a big improvement with the PSVR since switching from the OG to Pro.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    kerplun k wrote: »
    I've seen a big improvement with the PSVR since switching from the OG to Pro.

    yeah I think going from OG to Pro pretty much would bring PSVR in line with Rift.

    I'm still on OG.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭ Doge


    The EMUVR Beta has been live the last 2 weeks! I only spotted it on facebook yesterday:

    Basically you email the owner and he sends you a discord invite link where you can read lots of info and get the download link.


    http://www.emuvr.net/beta



  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dr Bob


    FYI In Death is half price (12.50 )on steam at the moment


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    Dr Bob wrote: »
    FYI In Death is half price (12.50 )on steam at the moment

    Amazing game... 2nd favourite VR game after Astro Bot


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ EoinHef


    What do people think a CV1 oculus is worth second hand?

    2 sensors and touch controllers.

    A year old but barely used.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    EoinHef wrote: »
    What do people think a CV1 oculus is worth second hand?

    2 sensors and touch controllers.

    A year old but barely used.

    The price you have it for on adverts seems right, but perhaps it would sell faster @ €300


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    Alien Isolation VR mod finally has VR controller support!

    https://old.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9y0es8/mothervr_beta_080_alien_isolation_vr_mod_vr/


    I played some of this, but really the fact I had to use my Xbox controller with it turned me off. Now I'll be fully immersed.

    Let the fear begin.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭ Doge


    mrcheez wrote: »
    Alien Isolation VR mod finally has VR controller support!

    https://old.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9y0es8/mothervr_beta_080_alien_isolation_vr_mod_vr/


    I played some of this, but really the fact I had to use my Xbox controller with it turned me off. Now I'll be fully immersed.

    Let the fear begin.

    I bought the game with the entire dlc collection from fanatical a week or 2 ago for €11 or something. Can't wait to give this a go.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭ Doge


    mrcheez wrote: »
    Alien Isolation VR mod finally has VR controller support!

    https://old.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9y0es8/mothervr_beta_080_alien_isolation_vr_mod_vr/


    I played some of this, but really the fact I had to use my Xbox controller with it turned me off. Now I'll be fully immersed.

    Let the fear begin.

    Just played it for the last hour or so and realized that motion control is not supported.

    Thats a white lie as you need to hold the right motion controller upto your head to activate the head torch.

    Its just the ability to use the touch controller buttons instead of an xbox 360 controller or keyboard and mouse.

    Still a great game in VR though.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dr Bob


    https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/9xi6cc/bit_of_a_vr_sale_going_on_at_humble_bundle/
    Some VR games on humble bundle are quite cheap at the moment


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭ Doge


    Anyone have any recommendations for the above?


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    Dr Bob wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/9xi6cc/bit_of_a_vr_sale_going_on_at_humble_bundle/
    Some VR games on humble bundle are quite cheap at the moment

    Nice price for Robinson the Journey .. might look at getting that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ pcadhain


    Beat Saber is 30 bucks and available right now


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    pcadhain wrote: »
    Beat Saber is 30 bucks and available right now

    yeah I reckon I'm gonna get this on the US store.

    Have $32 sitting idle in my account. I think I'd prefer this on PSVR than Rift as the controllers are perfect for this.

    Not bothered about adding modded music.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dr Bob


    Doge wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for the above?
    been playing lethal vr for the last few hours abd its a pretty fun shooting gallery game. Only problem Ive found is that one or two levels ate quite hard to do in a small room..otherwise wirth a punt!.


  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ pcadhain


    mrcheez wrote: »
    yeah I reckon I'm gonna get this on the US store.

    Have $32 sitting idle in my account. I think I'd prefer this on PSVR than Rift as the controllers are perfect for this.

    Not bothered about adding modded music.

    Ditto. The tunes I've heard so far sound great and there are more promised. I just feel like it took so long to get to PSVR. Early access for a year, announced for PSVR in March, released on PC in May, then announced AGAIN in a PS E3 countdown for some reason. Felt like I was going crazy seeing people so excited about a second announcement without a date or price. Anywhere, here we are.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dr Bob


    ..if you have a viveport sub ( or just signed up for a trial one.) they've mailed out a 10 euro voucher code. Also they've a sale on now for the next few days, which you can use that 10 euro on. They're really looking to build a subscriber base.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    Wow, free Fallout 4 and now this.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭ Doge


    mrcheez wrote: »
    Wow, free Fallout 4 and now this.

    When was the free fallout 4?


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dr Bob


    Doge wrote: »
    When was the free fallout 4?
    think its still running. if you sign up for a subscription you get a free FO4 .(even a 1 month one I think)


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭ Doge


    Dr Bob wrote: »
    think its still running. if you sign up for a subscription you get a free FO4 .(even a 1 month one I think)

    Thanks, after a Google you need to get the 3 month subscription at a minimum.

    As for the $10 voucher I'm thinking of using it on Nature Treks VR.
    Anyone tried that yet?

    I don't have much chill out experiences and this one looks really impressive with the creator update.

    There's also Guided Meditations VR but that seems to get a few bad reviews saying the in game graphics are much worse than the screenshots.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dr Bob


    Steam Autumn sale is live btw


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    Dr Bob wrote: »
    Steam Autumn sale is live btw

    Zombie Riot for €1.99 is so worth it.

    The graphics are pretty outstanding as there's practically no screendoor and seems like supersampling is set at 4x by default

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/639460/Zombie_Riot/


    It's a basic enough shooter, but great fun.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    Also Senua's Sacrifice is 50% off

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/


    This one looks really good. Like Horizon Zero Dawn in VR.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ Ciano35


    Hi all, been looking to get into vr for a while now, is Oculus Rift likely to be discounted anywhere for Black Friday?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ mrcheez


    Ciano35 wrote: »
    Hi all, been looking to get into vr for a while now, is Oculus Rift likely to be discounted anywhere for Black Friday?

    yep. Sale now on Amazon

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-Touch-Controllers-Bundle/dp/B073X8N1YW/

    Actually the Marvel Edition is about same price too, so go for that one


Advertisement