Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virtual Reality General Discussion / Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Man oh man... Oculus Go makes it hard to go back to Rift.. even harder going back to PSVR (in terms of resolution) :(

Rift I can get by on although it feels like I'm playing with a pair of glasses smeared with suntan oil

Had a play of my backlog on all 3 there today in order Go -> Rift -> PSVR... and just noticed the whole resolution difference in a big way like going from BluRay -> DVD -> VHS

Gonna struggle with my backlog, but still determined to get through them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

That meme is pretty spot on, clicked order on a rift, 4 hours later PSU dies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

mrcheez wrote: »
    Man oh man... Oculus Go makes it hard to go back to Rift.. even harder going back to PSVR (in terms of resolution) :(

Rift I can get by on although it feels like I'm playing with a pair of glasses smeared with suntan oil

Had a play of my backlog on all 3 there today in order Go -> Rift -> PSVR... and just noticed the whole resolution difference in a big way like going from BluRay -> DVD -> VHS

Gonna struggle with my backlog, but still determined to get through them!

I've seen a big improvement with the PSVR since switching from the OG to Pro.

kerplun k wrote: »
    I've seen a big improvement with the PSVR since switching from the OG to Pro.

yeah I think going from OG to Pro pretty much would bring PSVR in line with Rift.

I'm still on OG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

The EMUVR Beta has been live the last 2 weeks! I only spotted it on facebook yesterday:

Basically you email the owner and he sends you a discord invite link where you can read lots of info and get the download link.

http://www.emuvr.net/beta

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

FYI In Death is half price (12.50 )on steam at the moment

Dr Bob wrote: »
    FYI In Death is half price (12.50 )on steam at the moment

Amazing game... 2nd favourite VR game after Astro Bot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What do people think a CV1 oculus is worth second hand?

2 sensors and touch controllers.

A year old but barely used.

EoinHef wrote: »
    What do people think a CV1 oculus is worth second hand?

2 sensors and touch controllers.

A year old but barely used.

The price you have it for on adverts seems right, but perhaps it would sell faster @ €300

• Advertisement

Alien Isolation VR mod finally has VR controller support!

https://old.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9y0es8/mothervr_beta_080_alien_isolation_vr_mod_vr/

I played some of this, but really the fact I had to use my Xbox controller with it turned me off. Now I'll be fully immersed.

Let the fear begin.

https://old.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9y0es8/mothervr_beta_080_alien_isolation_vr_mod_vr/

I played some of this, but really the fact I had to use my Xbox controller with it turned me off. Now I'll be fully immersed.

Let the fear begin.

I bought the game with the entire dlc collection from fanatical a week or 2 ago for €11 or something. Can't wait to give this a go.

Let the fear begin.

Just played it for the last hour or so and realized that motion control is not supported.

Thats a white lie as you need to hold the right motion controller upto your head to activate the head torch.

Its just the ability to use the touch controller buttons instead of an xbox 360 controller or keyboard and mouse.

Still a great game in VR though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/9xi6cc/bit_of_a_vr_sale_going_on_at_humble_bundle/
    Some VR games on humble bundle are quite cheap at the moment

Anyone have any recommendations for the above?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/9xi6cc/bit_of_a_vr_sale_going_on_at_humble_bundle/
    Some VR games on humble bundle are quite cheap at the moment

Nice price for Robinson the Journey .. might look at getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Beat Saber is 30 bucks and available right now

pcadhain wrote: »
    Beat Saber is 30 bucks and available right now

yeah I reckon I'm gonna get this on the US store.

Have $32 sitting idle in my account. I think I'd prefer this on PSVR than Rift as the controllers are perfect for this.

Not bothered about adding modded music.

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for the above?
    been playing lethal vr for the last few hours abd its a pretty fun shooting gallery game. Only problem Ive found is that one or two levels ate quite hard to do in a small room..otherwise wirth a punt!.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

yeah I reckon I'm gonna get this on the US store.

Have $32 sitting idle in my account. I think I'd prefer this on PSVR than Rift as the controllers are perfect for this.

Not bothered about adding modded music.

Ditto. The tunes I've heard so far sound great and there are more promised. I just feel like it took so long to get to PSVR. Early access for a year, announced for PSVR in March, released on PC in May, then announced AGAIN in a PS E3 countdown for some reason. Felt like I was going crazy seeing people so excited about a second announcement without a date or price. Anywhere, here we are.

• Advertisement

..if you have a viveport sub ( or just signed up for a trial one.) they've mailed out a 10 euro voucher code. Also they've a sale on now for the next few days, which you can use that 10 euro on. They're really looking to build a subscriber base.

Wow, free Fallout 4 and now this.

Wow, free Fallout 4 and now this.

When was the free fallout 4?

Doge wrote: »
    When was the free fallout 4?
    think its still running. if you sign up for a subscription you get a free FO4 .(even a 1 month one I think)

think its still running. if you sign up for a subscription you get a free FO4 .(even a 1 month one I think)

Thanks, after a Google you need to get the 3 month subscription at a minimum.

As for the $10 voucher I'm thinking of using it on Nature Treks VR.
    Anyone tried that yet?

I don't have much chill out experiences and this one looks really impressive with the creator update.

There's also Guided Meditations VR but that seems to get a few bad reviews saying the in game graphics are much worse than the screenshots.

Steam Autumn sale is live btw

Steam Autumn sale is live btw

Zombie Riot for €1.99 is so worth it.

The graphics are pretty outstanding as there's practically no screendoor and seems like supersampling is set at 4x by default

https://store.steampowered.com/app/639460/Zombie_Riot/

It's a basic enough shooter, but great fun.

Also Senua's Sacrifice is 50% off

https://store.steampowered.com/app/414340/Hellblade_Senuas_Sacrifice/

This one looks really good. Like Horizon Zero Dawn in VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Hi all, been looking to get into vr for a while now, is Oculus Rift likely to be discounted anywhere for Black Friday?

• Advertisement

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Hi all, been looking to get into vr for a while now, is Oculus Rift likely to be discounted anywhere for Black Friday?

yep. Sale now on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-Touch-Controllers-Bundle/dp/B073X8N1YW/

Actually the Marvel Edition is about same price too, so go for that one

Advertisement