Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'm tempted to take a punt on Lindelof at 4.8, I know Utd have been poor at the back but five of their next seven are against fairly toothless opposition. Might see how they get on against Palace before making a final decision.

Didnt realise he had dropped that low. He is playing well now . Nailed on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'm tempted to take a punt on Lindelof at 4.8, I know Utd have been poor at the back but five of their next seven are against fairly toothless opposition. Might see how they get on against Palace before making a final decision.

Has he bps potential? How does he fair out in that department

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

At 4.8 hes a real shout, gives plenty of cash then to splash/waste elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Probably not but if he was getting 6s I'd be hewt.

Chesty08 wrote: »

I’d be very suprised if he didn’t have BP potential
    Most of the play from the back comes out through him
    I have been considering Digne but this has piqued my interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ha Lindolef for about 4 GWs and despite him playing well united just can’t keep clean sheets - smalling with a stupid penalty against someone recently really annoying me.

If they can get a run of CS going then he’s good value but at the moment he’s not - there are cheaper options who get clean sheets and even goals - ala Brighton defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

km79 wrote: »
    I have been considering Digne but this has piqued my interest
    I am considering both tbh. I have Bennett as well who has good fixtures and rotating those three along with Diangana as my 4th mid and switching between 3 or 4 at the back as fixtures suit.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ha Lindolef for about 4 GWs and despite him playing well united just can’t keep clean sheets - smalling with a stupid penalty against someone recently really annoying me.

If they can get a run of CS going then he’s good value but at the moment he’s not - there are cheaper options who get clean sheets and even goals - ala Brighton defenders

But none of those teams have probably one of the best keepers in there goals. Im surprised how many goal they have shipped allready and 4.8 is a real bargain if they can find a bit of form.

A little bit of research done since then and Digne and Schindler rotate very nicely indeed. I will be going for that combo if I end up selling both Mendy and Trippier
    That would leave me annoyingly .1 short of hazard
    Going for Murphy over a cheaper option has caused that. Selling mitro for Jiminez or Rondon overcomes that little problem though. As does selling Salah of course.......

Hazard 70% to a fall
    SELL SELL SELL PEOPLE

A little bit of research done since then and Digne and Schindler rotate very nicely indeed. I will be going for that combo if I end up selling both Mendy and Trippier
    That would leave me annoyingly .1 short of hazard
    Going for Murphy over a cheaper option has caused that. Selling mitro for Jiminez or Rondon overcomes that little problem though. As does selling Salah of course.......

Hazard 70% to a fall
    SELL SELL SELL PEOPLE

Hazard was very unlucky not to get a big score in his last game,do people watch the football at all?

• Advertisement

Hazard was very unlucky not to get a big score in his last game,do people watch the football at all?

I feel I’ve been very lucky to have not been punished more by him
    I have never had particularly great luck owning him either but there is no way I’m heading into GW 14 without him

If he doesn’t annoy me I’m still thinking of selling salah for sterling at some point

If hazard could somehow drop .1 between now and gw14 I’d be a very happy man !
    Knockaert incredibly is still in positive territory so I may get away with him for another week
    It’s the only good thing he has done for me !!!!

I feel I’ve been very lucky to have not been punished more by him
    I have never had particularly great luck owning him either but there is no way I’m heading into GW 14 without him

If he doesn’t annoy me I’m still thinking of selling salah for sterling at some point

If hazard could somehow drop .1 between now and gw14 I’d be a very happy man !

Morata is the one that frustrates me,haz gives it on a plate and he messes it up.
    If they could have broken the dead lock that would have been a high scoring game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But none of those teams have probably one of the best keepers in there goals. Im surprised how many goal they have shipped allready and 4.8 is a real bargain if they can find a bit of form.

They have kept just one CS this season.

And while DDG may have been one of the best keepers he sadly has nothing to play for - he played out of his skin for last few years for his dream move to Madrid - now that’s gone what has he got?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    They have kept just one CS this season.

And while DDG may have been one of the best keepers he sadly has nothing to play for - he played out of his skin for last few years for his dream move to Madrid - now that’s gone what has he got?

He has the chance to rectify himself to me for choosing him since GW1 like a rookie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Going to do Mendy to Digne after the knee surgery news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Mendy out Alexander-Arnold in.
    Not going to wait for knee surgery to heal up.
    TRAM to TRAAA or maybe AAWBRAT if I go for a back 5.

International games haven’t even started and we have our first big casualty.

I kept him last time through his injury but not this time.

I’ve been wanting to downgrade one of RAM so this makes my decision for me.

That extra money will give me Aguero or Lacazette.

Edit - I’ll be going super cheap for his replacement. Only player I might spend extra to get would be Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mendy to Doherty
    Madison to Martial
    Deeney to Wilson/Murray (have £7m to play with)

Only problem is that leaves me short on cover for defence. As I'll have Alonso, Robertson, AWB and Holebas.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sold Wilson for Jimenez. Really don't want to do any more transfers as I'm sick of points hits but I can't rule it out.

Well the Mendy news has put paid to that plan.

Leaning towards bringing in Doherty as a replacement, although also considering Digne. Will mull it over.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mendy out, digne in. 3 of Everton's next 4 are very winnable home games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It'll be Dunk for me

Gives me the money to go Hoijberg to Ricky

Why was learned about formation and selection from the last injury to Mendy ?

Did Sane get more starts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Need to make transfers quickly to bank the .2 on Mendy.

Mendy and Barkley out for

Digne and Mahrez/Dilva, or
    Digne and Martial?

I'll no City players anymore without Mendy, which is terrifying.

I actually have enough to do

Mendy - Stones
    Madison - Martial
    Deeney - Murray

Or

Mendy - Doherty
    Madison - Martial
    Deeney - Wilson

Thoughts on the better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I actually have enough to do

Mendy - Stones
    Madison - Martial
    Deeney - Murray

Or

Mendy - Doherty
    Madison - Martial
    Deeney - Wilson

Thoughts on the better option?

I prefer the first option. Bournemouth's upcoming fixtures are absolutely stinking.

elefant wrote: »
    I prefer the first option. Bournemouth's upcoming fixtures are absolutely stinking.

That's what I was leaning towards. Also don't want to be without a City defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Why was learned about formation and selection from the last injury to Mendy ?

Did Sane get more starts ?

Yes mendy missed gw 5 6 and 7 sane played 90 90 and 70 returning 9 6 and 6

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Stones, Doherty or Digne look the best long term replacements for Mendy I think, although I haven’t had a chance to research properly.

Any others jumping out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Dunk, Balbuena, or maybe Lindelof as a punt.

• Advertisement

tailgunner wrote: »
    Dunk, Balbuena, or maybe Lindelof as a punt.

I wouldn't be taking a United defender if chasing clean sheets. At least Shaw would be there abouts with assist potential.

Advertisement