Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ill probably do mendy to awb. I already have robertson luiz digne doherty. I wanted to downgrade my defence anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yes mendy missed gw 5 6 and 7 sane played 90 90 and 70 returning 9 6 and 6

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I wouldn't be taking a United defender if chasing clean sheets. At least Shaw would be there abouts with assist potential.

I wouldn't go for him personally. But at 4.8, he'd be a bargain if United were able to get their act together at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

km79 wrote: »
    Interesting

Very.. especially as I'm considering downgrading salah.. foolish to go without Liverpool attacking cover? 4 of their next 6 away home games against Everton and utd I just don't see him blowing up the way they are playing. If shaq could nail down a spot he would definitely be my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I am almost glad that this Mendy injury has happened, gives me something to think on over the international break :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,636 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tailgunner wrote: »
    I wouldn't go for him personally. But at 4.8, he'd be a bargain if United were able to get their act together at the back.

Yea the price is tempting. For some reason I keep getting drawn to Conor Coady. I'm thinking I might swap Holebas for him but I've Mendy and Madison to move on as a priority first.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,324 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking at fpls it seems most people are just going straight from Mendy to Laporte

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Paully D wrote: »
    Stones, Doherty or Digne look the best long term replacements for Mendy I think, although I haven’t had a chance to research properly.

Any others jumping out?

Like the look of Schindler too for their home games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

*Looks for the defender closest to a price rise*

Oh, it's Lewis Dunk. In you go!

:pac: :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I am almost glad that this Mendy injury has happened, gives me something to think on over the international break :)

But keep an eye on his pricing dropping so you don't loose the .1£ if your wary of TV / IB cash etc.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »

Done, Mendy -> Dunk.

Dunk will increase and Mendy will fall. Simple game really :cool: and I fair enjoy a bit of value increase.

And Brightons next 4 fixtures ain't too bad either.

Dunk will join, the TRAM and Balbuena in my defence.

shmeee wrote: »
    Done, Mendy -> Dunk.

Dunk will increase and Mendy will fall. Simple game really :cool: and I fair enjoy a bit of value increase.

The ones after that are woeful though.

I was initially on the Dunk train, but might get on the Bennett Boat now istead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

shmeee wrote: »
    Done, Mendy -> Dunk.

My defence is looking pretty RAD right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Wilberto wrote: »

BINGO TED.

Freeing up 2+ million

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

If people could stop making transfers that would be great. My team is lit up like a Christmas tree and I’d really like to see who is actually fit this time next week before committing my 1 FT!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,336 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What do people think?
    I've Trippier and Mendy with two FT's. I'm thinking of taking a hit to get rid of both and the Leicester Mendy to bring in Chillwell, Duffy and Martial.

The ones after that are woeful though.

I was initially on the Dunk train, but might get on the Bennett Boat now istead

I’ll try hold the other FT I have this GW to get players like him out in a few weeks time then.

This Mendy replacement is tricky as want to use it to upgrade Hojberg to Ricky so only 4.6 to spend

Torn between Zab, Yedlin and another Wolves (Jonny/Bennett)

Have Fabianski and Doherty already

Thankfully none will rise tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Stone me for saying it but I'm nearly glad there's a bit of a break. I need a bit of time to mull over this mendy news and figure out the best way forward

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

This Mendy replacement is tricky as want to use it to upgrade Hojberg to Ricky so only 4.6 to spend

Torn between Zab, Yedlin and another Wolves (Jonny/Bennett)

Have Fabianski and Doherty already

Thankfully none will rise tonight

Tough one at the price. Dunk is standout for me. Then Balbuena and Fernandez. Bruno another Brighton possibility. I know lots seem to like Yedlin.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Tough one at the price. Dunk is standout for me. Then Balbuena and Fernandez. Bruno another Brighton possibility. I know lots seem to like Yedlin.

The problem with Dunk is he is a transfer waiting to happen after the next few games

After Burnley I don't think there is a clean sheet there for a month

Very very tempted to double up on Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mendy to Doherty done for a 4 pt hit.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Been thinking of mendy to one of either a west ham defender or an Everton defender. Shorter term (4 weeks) I think the Everton defender will be the better of the two so going to go for Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

Watch out for Mina, likes to get on end of his fair share of set pieces. Stood out against Chelsea as to how much he was making nuiscence of himself in an attacking sense Aswel as shoring them up. Hes my punt for that Everton backline. A lot of clubs interested in him after a few good appearances at the world cup. He's a decent center half

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

eireyiddo wrote:
    Watch out for Mina, likes to get on end of his fair share of set pieces. Stood out against Chelsea as to how much he was making nuiscence of himself in an attacking sense Aswel as shoring them up. Hes my punt for that Everton backline. A lot of clubs interested in him after a few good appearances at the world cup. He's a decent center half

Yea I'm surprised that he's not getting more attention round here. Maybe it's because he's more expensive than most of the other Everton defence but he'll be a massive threat from set pieces with Digne and Siggy supplying the crosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thank **** I went for Robbo over Mendy. Started to doubt after 1 GW but since his return Robbo has outscored (missing 1 game too) and now people taking a -4 to ship him out.

Some players are accidents waiting to happen, Mendy seems one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

It's unknown if Mina is nailed on yet. He played because Zouma couldn't play.

I fully expect him to start instead of Keane and the back line be.

Coleman Mina Zouma Digne. But it's not confirmed yet. Digne is the best option imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It's unknown if Mina is nailed on yet. He played because Zouma couldn't play.

I fully expect him to start instead of Keane and the back line be.

Coleman Mina Zouma Digne. But it's not confirmed yet. Digne is the best option imo

I fully expect them to go 3-5-2 with Digne & Coleman as wing backs.

This is why I’m keen to bring in Digne

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mendy -> Laporte allows me the exact cash to upgrade Stankovic to Bennett and gives me a full playing bench which may be crucial in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea I'm surprised that he's not getting more attention round here. Maybe it's because he's more expensive than most of the other Everton defence but he'll be a massive threat from set pieces with Digne and Siggy supplying the crosses.

He will be a massive threat from the set pieces his cheaper defensive team mate who is also a more certain starter will be supplying you say............

Advertisement