Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Before I even saw the graffiti pictures I thought "that's a house that was repossessed, and the owners took everything with them that wasn't nailed down, and quite a lot that was".

A guy I worked with bought a house like that, but it was actually in worse condition - the ceilings in some rooms had been pulled down to take out the sound system in it, tiles were ripped up on the hall floor, and then there was paint EVERYWHERE. The previous owners basically got those massive tubs of paint and just threw it all over the house before they left. All the sockets were taken, and there were those velux windows in the attic room, which had been broken so there was quite a bit of water damage. He got the house for peanuts because of all the work that needed doing, and he was warned by a few people to beware of "reprisals" from the former owner, but nothing like that happened, luckily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

The amount of sh*te these estate agents use to sell a property is a joke.

"We are delighted to bring you this lovely family home in a private residential area"

What about the fact the area is a kip, the house has no roof or fixtures and you're asking 400k for the pleasure.

FCUK OFF!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Who wouldn't want an ice cream freezer - great for the kids!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/33-the-kybe-skerries-county-dublin/4292012

Ok, I dread the reply, but - WHY would you put a splashback behind the cistern of the toilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Last owner was male and 7 foot 3?

Never seen that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Shenshen wrote: »
    Ok, I dread the reply, but - WHY would you put a splashback behind the cistern of the toilet?

I watched one of those "How clean is your house?" type shows on tv one time and they put some sort of dye into the toilet and flushed it with the lid open. Then they turned off the lights and shone a UV light onto the walls and the ceiling.........the dye was everywhere. It was stomach churning. IT GOES EVERYWHERE!!

• Advertisement

Now, think about your toothbrush....even with the lid closed, its not an impenetrable barrier.

Now, think about your toothbrush....even with the lid closed, its not an impenetrable barrier.

Yup, they showed the accumulation on the toothbrushes AFTER ONE FLUSH.....it was puke-inducing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yup, they showed the accumulation on the toothbrushes AFTER ONE FLUSH.....it was puke-inducing.

Yet here we all are, alive and well, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yet here we all are, alive and well, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Yes, I understand that; but just because it doesn't kill doesn't mean it's not disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yes, I understand that; but just because it doesn't kill doesn't mean it's not disgusting.

You really want to know how much bacteria you passing around in the toilet? Think of toilet paper tube, water taps etc.

Nothing disgusting about it. Just the way we live.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    You really want to know how much bacteria you passing around in the toilet? Think of toilet paper tube, water taps etc.

Nothing disgusting about it. Just the way we live.

I'm fully aware of all of that, but I don't brush my teeth with any of those....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

I'm fully aware of all of that, but I don't brush my teeth with any of those....

the toilet brush also - handy for a quick scrub in between toothbrushes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Whoever buys it will have to modernise it. No big deal.

All well and good if it was cheap but 320k?? In Skerries?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

That's how you get CPE - you eat an infected persons waste

MkGwJgq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/6-the-lacey-field-donabate-dublin/4290114

8d3f46dc-f7ec-4c0d-91cd-7bc898ee4eca_l.jpg

I'm not sure if this place has been listed before. Yes it's cheap but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/6-the-lacey-field-donabate-dublin/4290114

8d3f46dc-f7ec-4c0d-91cd-7bc898ee4eca_l.jpg

I'm not sure if this place has been listed before. Yes it's cheap but still.

It was just increased by 40k !!

I was tempted to see it to see if its a boxed in trailer or not. I have a sneaking suspicion it is and as far as I know you can't live in them all year round.

So people are selling a mancave in a bit of their garden for 160k now?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That looks very much like it is on a camping.

D3V!L wrote: »
    It was just increased by 40k !!

:eek:

Or by 33% from its previously listed price. Not many places in Ireland can increase their asking price by 33% overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

So people are selling a mancave in a bit of their garden for 160k now?

At least once a month the bar gets set higher. Browse back a few months and the posts there will be par for the course :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

This former holiday cottage and hobbit hole in Donegal is now on the market..

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2017/08/22/how-cool-is-this-hobbit-hideaway-and-creative-donegal-cottage/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Graces7 wrote: »

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2017/08/22/how-cool-is-this-hobbit-hideaway-and-creative-donegal-cottage/

200k! Would ya go away and sh1te

Looks a bargain in comparison to that last one for 160k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Graces7 wrote: »

that used to be listed on airbnb if I recall correctly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I know its very rural, but I don't think thats an outrageous price given that it includes the pod, the cottage and some land in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland. Certainly better than the glorified caravan/ halting site in the last ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Even being trailer trash costs 160k now. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I know its very rural, but I don't think thats an outrageous price given that it includes the pod, the cottage and some land in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland. Certainly better than the glorified caravan/ halting site in the last ad

Didn't read the ad correctly... thought it was just for the hobbit thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If it is pulling in the 30,000 in rental income that the article claims then it is a pretty decent buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

If it is pulling in the 30,000 in rental income that the article claims then it is a pretty decent buy.

Aren't they clamping down on all that make shift rental shíte next year ?

Advertisement