Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel [Amazon]

• 17-05-2017 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,742 ✭✭✭✭

Amazon has picked up The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, their drama pilot from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, to series with a 2 season order.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel follows Miriam ?Midge? Maisel, a 1958 New York City woman who has everything she?s ever wanted. But her perfect life suddenly takes an unexpected turn and Midge discovers a previously unknown talent?one that changes her life forever. She charts a course that takes her from her comfortable life on Riverside Drive, through the basket houses and nightclubs of Greenwich Village as she storms the world of stand-up comedy?a course that will ultimately lead her to a spot on Johnny Carson?s couch.

The hour-long series was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino.
    It is produced in-house by Amazon Studios and stars Rachel Brosnahan (House of Cards), Michael Zegen (Boardwalk Empire), Alex Borstein (Family Guy), Tony Shalhoub (Monk) and Marin Hinkle (Two and a Half Men). In addition to penning the script, Amy Sherman-Palladino also executive produces alongside Daniel Palladino.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/04/amazon-picks-marvelous-mrs-maisel-two-season-order/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,742 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Looks fun. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry for digging up an old thread but watched the first two episodes of this last night and it's very enjoyable so far. Rachel Brosnahan is great in it.

Worth a look if you're looking for something to watch on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I just finished watching it yesterday. It's not perfect but I think it's the series I've must enjoyed watching in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,742 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has been picked up by Amazon for a third season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Really enjoyed the first series. Any date set for Series 2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I'm on S01E03 and so far there's been at least 1 Coen Brothers reference in each episode:

E01: The elevator guy is the same elevator guy as in Inside Llewyn Davis
    E02: The Barry Sisters are mentioned, or are part of the soundtrack (I can't remember which). They were also part of Maude Lebowski's record collection.
    E03: The lawyer is the same actor who ran the Gaslight Cafe in Inside Llewyn Davis.

Edit:
    E04: Three singers in the Gaslight wearing Aran sweaters, just like in Inside Llewyn Davis.
    E08: Somebody gets beaten up for the same reason that Llewyn Davis gets beaten up in Inside Llewyn Davis.

Given that they're all Llewyn Davis references bar one, I think the Barry Sisters could have been a coincidence. I wonder if I missed any references in episodes 2,5,6 & 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,267 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Listening to some podcast and they mentioned that Amazon were doing a series on Lenny Bruce. I had never heard about this and Goggled to see if it was out and this is what I came across for Lenny Bruce.

No idea why I never gave it a chance when it cam out considering all the awards it won.

The pilot is great and I think the rest of my Sunday will be watching Mrs. Maisel.

Got 5 episodes in today and I have to say what a Marvelous show it is.

One that really should have a wider audience.

Finished it tonight what a fabulous and really enjoyable series.

Rachel Brosnahan is really great in the lead role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its just seems extremely irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

its just seems extremely irritating

What does?

I started watching it yesterday and finished it today, enjoyable overall. Felt it had a strong start and then kinda got meh for a few episodes and then picked back up for the last few episodes.

Looking forward to next season, interesting to see where it goes next.

I was a bit annoyed as after starting it i found the 2nd season wasnt out yet, i heard talk of Amazon picking it up for the 3rd season, so was under the impression the 2 seasons had already ran and it didnt do well ratings wise, which is usually why a streaming service picks up a show thats good.

But no worries, only a month or so to wait for two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Any news about series 2 air date? Been waiting for what seems like ages for it to start

iseegirls wrote: »
    Any news about series 2 air date? Been waiting for what seems like ages for it to start

5th of December according to IMDB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

nix wrote: »
    What does?
    she does.

Season 2 trailer

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got an e-mail saying season 2 is available now. Looking forward to it, season 1 was brilliant.

I watched the first two episodes of season two and really enjoyed them.

Amazon sparing no expense with the sets and set pieces that's for sure.

The Catskills episodes were fantastic.

Zachary Levi is a nice addition to the cast.

Finished season 2 today and really enjoyed a nice set up for next season.

• Advertisement

Good to see Zachary Levi getting decent roles again now, hes had a rough time since Chuck, which i always felt was undeserved.

I haven't watched this season yet, but ill devour it in a day or two over Christmas :D

So finally started this, episode 5 season 2, its decent so far.

The
    wedding scene
    in like the second or 3rd episode was so cringe, i had to turn it off and go to sleep and finish it the next day. How can someone from that time drop so many offensive lines without batting an eye? Took me right out of the show, i know its a comedy drama but at least show some accuracy to the times..

And then in episode 5
    Lenny Bruce
    dropping a star wars reference.. the shows set like 20 years before the first star wars movie is released :rolleyes:

But eh, other than those instances, great show so far :D:pac:

Season 3 drops December 6th

Season 3 is available now.

4 episodes in and loving it Cary Elwes joining the cast is a great addition.

Renewed for a 4th season.

Finished episode 5 of season 3 and it might be my favourite yet Lenny and Midge just having fun.

Finished the season tonight and I think it's been my favorite yet.

Alex Borstein deserves to start winning a few more awards for her performance in it.

I just love the whole style set pieces and costumes of the whole show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Season 3 is available now.

oh great stuff must watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Finished the 3rd season. I was on the fence during the first season; lots of laughs, but with some gratingly painful '50's stand-up American 'humour'/'humor', and some OTT performances. After a settling-in period though, got to love it. Season 2 was fantastic, and loved season 3. Really glad there's a fourth season on the way.
    Rachel Brosnahan was excellent- plays the whirlwind chatterbox brilliantly. Great supporting cast as well. Beautifully shot. Just such a great show.

Advertisement