Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

EIR are setting up in a different location, they are two different companies with no connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RoyC2958

dingding wrote: »
    EIR are setting up in a different location, they are two different companies with no connection.

Where in finiskln are they setting up I heard the Abtran contract was with eir that's why the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Being cynical, they probably have to close down the off-shore location, in an ethical manor. Reminds me a bit of Toucan 10 years or so ago. I could go on and discuss this, but choose not to.

RoyC2958 wrote: »
    Where in finiskln are they setting up I heard the Abtran contract was with eir that's why the delay?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-insource-950-jobs-after-it-ends-call-centre-contract-1.3625758

EIR are taking the call centre back inhouse. Article says a newly revamped facility and EIR would have a large site in rathedmond which could be repurposed (revamped).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Eir most probably would use their facility in Rathedmond, far as I'm aware they have large portions of the exchange down there unused.

There was nothing unethical about Toucan's closure. They gave everyone the offer to transfer to the waterford facility at the time if you wanted, or else redundancy. They also offered redundancy to people who didn't have enough length of service, which they didn't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Eir most probably would use their facility in Rathedmond, far as I'm aware they have large portions of the exchange down there unused.

There was nothing unethical about Toucan's closure. They gave everyone the offer to transfer to the waterford facility at the time if you wanted, or else redundancy. They also offered redundancy to people who didn't have enough length of service, which they didn't have to.

Apologies, I was rambling. Note to self. Don't post at stupid o'Clock when you have had a few.... My post was hard to understand, even for me or what I was on about.
    But it wasn't meant to be anything bad about Toucan specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any updates on the new Burger Joint in the old ESB Building. Seen lights on the last few days and over weekend.

Hope to open at end of this month.

Looking for staff.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=flipside%20sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Any word on when the Mexican place is opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

EJ's little sister opened now - new LIDL store opening this coming Thursday (4th October) Francie Boylan show on Ocean FM broadcasting from there Thursday morning and has 600euro vouchers to give away .

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

• Advertisement

A bumper year for Sligo and it is not over yet.

Abtran 350 Jobs
    Overstock 100 Jobs
    E3 50 Jobs
    Livetiles 50 Jobs
    Eir 350

Thats 900, not counting other jobs created in the new Lidl etc....

Some of these jobs will be phased over a number of years.

Well done to IDA and EI for their work in getting these jobs across the line.

A lot of other companies have open positions / expansions outside the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Plus Phibro?

What is E3?

An IT Company. They are an american company who were looking at setting up a small software centre initially.

https://www.lookwest.ie/e3-retail-announces-40-new-jobs-in-sligo/

Now I check it was only 40 Jobs.

http://investors.pahc.com/news-releases/news-release-details/phibro-animal-health-establish-new-biotech-facility-sligo-0

Abtran 350 Jobs
    Overstock 100 Jobs
    E3 40 Jobs
    Livetiles 50 Jobs
    Eir 350
    Phibro 150

That comes to 1040 some of these projections are out to 5 years.

Corrected by earlier post by adding Phibro and adjusting E3

a little gadget shop has opened up in Johnston Court Shopping Centre - looks very exciting , if you are in to those kind of things. Called eirhub (but I dont think it is anything to do with eir the phone people)

44512369_1818464511523463_4478677740333039616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f947fe6063813b0b2058661f323d0516&oe=5C894F02

Popped in the store today.loads of cool gadgets. The goods are mainly from China. The only concern is I would say with the 230v electrical stuff they don't seem to have CE marks on them , so how safe that might be with electrocution and fire risk is anybodys guess. And of course some of the China stuff can be a bit poorly made sometimes. But this is still going to be one of my favourite go to shops in Sligo definitely, and with Christmas just around the corner I have already made my list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Seen it yesterday, wondering is it a perminant store, or a sessional pop up for xmas.

Seen it yesterday, wondering is it a perminant store, or a sessional pop up for xmas.

I would hope it is to be permanent. I asked the lad in there (sounds like he has a bit of an american accent) and he said he will be around for Christmas anyway. I was saying to him its handy having him there because if you order that stuff you have to wait 3 weeks and it goes through customs, but with him there you can just see it onthe shelf - good selection of stuff , I like the drones as well. I bought a little HD waterproof wireless endoscopy camera my lad wanted for his models 20quid - and got meself a nice soldering iron kit with all the different tools 30quid ... and just dreamed of all the other gadgets I would buy in there if i had the money - think I spent an hour just looking around in there. doorbell with camera 80euro, Bluetooth headphones 20eur , bluetooth disco speakers 150quid - IP camera about 50quid i think - and loads of drones and remote control cars and hoverboards and that. - hope it lasts there.
    They have a website: https://eirhub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Flipside and Tuco's are opening this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tuco's is.. but don't think Flipside is.

• Advertisement

Correction, Flipside does appear to be open..

20181026-142615.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Planning application notice for Bbowes bakery/cafe in the unit behind CEX in Tesco arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Planning application notice for Bbowes bakery/cafe in the unit behind CEX in Tesco arcade.

Is that not O'Hehir's extension..been there for some time?

in fairness there is no need for another Bakery/Cafe as O'hehirs have been there in the arcade for hundreds of years - and they seem to be good at what they do ..

sorry not shooting the messenger :)

Asian* Food place opening soon in the old Abra spot. Seen signage up this morning. Although unusual spot considering Julan Julan is just a few doors up.

Pretty sure it said Asian, as it also had Peri Peri in a smaller font, which could suggest Portugise.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

in fairness there is no need for another Bakery/Cafe as O'hehirs have been there in the arcade for hundreds of years - and they seem to be good at what they do ..

sorry not shooting the messenger :)

Bbowes is O'Heirs

Basq wrote: »
    Correction, Flipside does appear to be open..

20181026-142615.jpg

Whats quite happening with Flip Side. Its been closed on at least two days since opening. Early teething problems?

:confused:

Whats quite happening with Flip Side. Its been closed on at least two days since opening. Early teething problems?

Not sure but reopened Friday evening..

.. was in there yesterday and gotta say burgers were top notch.

Had a burrito in Tuco's on Friday and didn't think as much of it... was decent but wouldn't be hurrying back there.

(Burger and Burrito in two days.. the diet starts Monday! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

We went into flip side on Friday evening, it is fantastic. The burgers and fries are superb. Well done to Paul and David.

No need to be confused, the reason for closure was due to an issue with heating, all sorted now.

Going to try Tuco this evening, I like Mexican but I can see how many wouldn't.

• Advertisement

Flip side? I hear they turn away teenage groups, must be catering for more upmarket customers! Anyway €8 for 2 bits of bread with a burger in it, I think not! I’ll stick with the Four Lanterns, tasty and good value!

Advertisement