Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

When Ryan Tubridy (nice and all as he seems) becomes a moral and social vocal mouthpiece for the average Joe Soap I die a little inside.

don't worry everybody is disgusted by him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Yup. He wouldn't say that to 'darling' John Connors.

I'll agree with you there.
    Lets not forget John Connors was given free reign by Tubridy to call Gardai scum on national TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I have to watch it back, did Tubridy slip in a veiled threat to Casey? He said to him you will know if I am losing it!
    Jesus Christ, how can someone pretend to conduct a normal interview when they have that under their bonnet.
    I have never seen someone interview someone like that. What a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

wrong
    my gf is a traveller
    are you saying she is different to me,

don't be afraid to answer i'm here all night

Being a traveller and being Irish are not mutually exclusive. From what I understand people assumed their origins were from the time of the famine which isn't actually correct and they have spent the last 30 years trying to correct that piece of misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,616 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

How many times do you need me to say, 'the traveller community' have issues?

Finally.

This is progress.

And who are responsible for these "issues" (what a polite way to describe theft, extortion, 'hidings' and tax evasion btw)?

• Advertisement

Tubridy couldn't disguise his contempt, which undermined the credibility of the interview. Casey was up against it, and coped admirably in the face of open hostility from presenter & audience.

alpha male casey made his money by hard graft
    beta male tubridy robbed his money from the irish citizens through threat of imprisonment

pay your rte tubridy and darcy licence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

RTE were looking for a real hatchet job there. Tubridy was really poor tonight. He lacks that killer instinct in interviews. Whomever he is quizzing.

Gaybo could have gotten Casey to drive a juggernaut into a wall without him noticing. Ryan didn’t even try give him enough rope. He panicked and almost asked him to please put it around his neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I can only assume that anyone impressed by Casey tonight has dipped into the sherry cabinet. But hey, it takes all sorts.
    Am signing off, enjoy your weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,195 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have to watch it back, did Tubridy slip in a veiled threat to Casey? He said to him you will know if I am losing it!
    Jesus Christ, how can someone pretend to conduct a normal interview when they have that under their bonnet.

Casey tried to get him to shut down the girl in the audience, by telling him 'he was losing it', I'm no fan of Tubridy but I'd have told Casey the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Seriously what would he do, fire one of his jelly beans at him?

• Advertisement

The weird thing is that David McWilliams was on shortly before, basically saying that society is going to **** because it's being run in a unsustainable way that is forcing the working men and women to carry the can for everything. Obviously the traveller "issue" wasn't part of it but there were many parallels that could be drawn between the two guests. Tubridy is incapable of seeing this, or is unwilling to see it.

nobody cares about david mcwilliams
    WE WANT CASEY

ShagNastii wrote: »
    RTE were looking for a real hatchet job there. Tubridy was really poor tonight. He lacks that killer instinct in interviews. Whomever he is quizzing.

Gaybo could have gotten Casey to drive a juggernaut into a wall without him noticing. Ryan didn’t even try give him enough rope. He panicked and almost asked him to please put it around his neck.

Seriously. did you go to the loo for the Phoenix Park bit? It was surreal.

What a fecking clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mattser

Anyone catch Tubridy try to threaten and intimidate Casey??

"if I lose control, you'll know about it."

What a statement from TV host to his guest. Twitter caught wind of it anyway, Tubridy making a fool of himself again acting the hardman.

It was a fair question from PC because the host had lost, or was losing control of proceedings.

His comeback line left a lot to be desired.

Under the predominantly one sided situation, I thought PC handled it well overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mattser

Anyone catch Tubridy try to threaten and intimidate Casey??

"if I lose control, you'll know about it."

What a statement from TV host to his guest. Twitter caught wind of it anyway, Tubridy making a fool of himself again acting the hardman.

It was a fair question from PC because the host had lost, or was losing control of proceedings.

Under the predominantly one sided situation, I thought PC handled it well overall.

:D:D:D:D The man is a joke. He fell apart in front of you. He couldn't articulate a thought past a sound byte through the whole interview.

I am no fan of Tubridy or the media of this country but I never doubted they had intelligence.

Honestly, I am now willing to believe that those who still support this ego driven idiot are similarly inflicted and the caricature is correct.

KEEP YELLING AT THE CLOUDS MATE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭Jeff2

How much do RTE big earners pay in tax through their company that their fees are paid to.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Lets not forget John Connors was given free reign by Tubridy to call Gardai scum on national TV.

That did happen & Tubbs called him out on it.

As I said before, nobody won tonight.

I voted for Casey, but I wouldn't let him run the country.

He highlighted issues that are important to 'the people who get up in the morning' but came across as clueless as to what to do about it.

Having said that he came across better than the 'educated' Pavees in the audience.

How much do RTE big earners pay in tax through their company that their fees are paid to.. ?

mattser wrote: »

He was allowing the audience member to finish her point. Jesus, the conspiracy myths already. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

I watched the late late interview and was half expecting to see a

a breath of fresh air compared to the pc crowd,

"a man of principle who tells it like it is"

"has the balls to say what everyone is thinking"

If you believed any of this kinda shoite you must be feeling like a complete gullible fool when you watched him squirm when asked about SW cuts, and in the worst way - all he could do was smile as if to say, yeah I'm just a complete numbty

I've an honest question, do you really think the 343,000 people who voted for Peter Casey will watch that staged ambush tonight by Tubridy and a load of aggressive travellers in the audience roaring at him, and change their mind about travellers??

Do you really think you won tonight?? I think most Casey voters and many others will see that Peter Casey was set up in an ambush, which failed.

FTFY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

If you believed any of this kinda shoite you must be feeling like a complete gullible fool

I'd probably feel more foolish if I had voted for the leprechaun who trousered another grand today, plus expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Seriously. did you go to the loo for the Phoenix Park bit? It was surreal.

What a fecking clown.

Hes not serious about that, how everyone cant see that is bizarre

Hes basically making the point that if MDH is such an inclusive lover of the travelling community let hem rock up beside him to see how long it lasts!

But of course he can't say taking the mick because that would be offensive ya know so lets all turn a blind eye and pretend like its fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

He was allowing the audience member to finish her point. Jesus, the conspiracy myths already. :D:D

Casey seems to have you awfully rattled.

Casey seems to have you awfully rattled.

If you believed any of this kinda shoite you must be feeling like a complete gullible fool when you watched him squirm when asked about SW cuts, and in the worst way - all he could do was smile as if to say, yeah I'm just a complete numbty

I guess you're not a fan, don't worry though enough do agree with him to make a change.

I guess you're not a fan, don't worry though enough do agree with him to make a change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057925450

Would love to see Tubridy, RTE and the luvvies comment on the traveller brawl earlier today outside Gardai HQ. Would any other group in society get away with this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭green shoots

Traveller men are really hot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement