Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

the ethnic status of travelers isn't going to change. they are an ethnic minority. no amount of nashing of teeth and pounding the keyboard will change that.

They are but who believes it.

They are Irish just like me or most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,185 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

the ethnic status of travelers isn't going to change. they are an ethnic minority. no amount of nashing of teeth and pounding the keyboard will change that.

Indeed they are.

But people won't be happy paying 49% tax on income over 36k to finance this:

https://www.radiokerry.ie/e400000-council-house-tralee-due-completed-end-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 67,496 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The fact that the issues can't be talked about without a demented lobby chorus singing off the ethnic or racist hymn sheet means people will swing to any moron that tries to highlight it in whatever ham-fisted way.

Casey trying to defend his Phoenix Park comments was what sounded the most demented. He deserves to be ridiculed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Alas, some do. And I'm bemused by how anyone tuning in tonight would be taken in by this snakeoil salesman.

so you are saying he isn't racist
    just a snake oil salesman
    interesting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

:D:D:D:D The man is a joke. He fell apart in front of you. He couldn't articulate a thought past a sound byte through the whole interview.

I am no fan of Tubridy or the media of this country but I never doubted they had intelligence.

Honestly, I am now willing to believe that those who still support this ego driven idiot are similarly inflicted and the caricature is correct.

I've an honest question, do you really think the 343,000 people who voted for Peter Casey will watch that staged ambush tonight by Tubridy and a load of aggressive travellers in the audience roaring at him, and change their mind about travellers??

Do you really think you won tonight?? I think most Casey voters and many others will see that Peter Casey was set up in an ambush, which failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Casey trying to defend his Phoenix Park comments was what sounded the most demented. He deserves to be ridiculed.

I dunno, that was mental but saying that he’s going to stand for election to the Dail in four different constituencies at the same time takes the biscuit.

And then something about helicopters?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

interesting

Are the terms mutually exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,185 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Danzy wrote: »
    They are but who believes it.

They are Irish just like me or most of us.

They are genetically Irish like you or me, but a different EM.

Unionists in NI may also be declared an EM in the future.

They have been a separate community for 400 years, so they seem to deserve their EM status.

However, this still doesn't help deal with the rampant lack of education, unemployment and criminality in their community, which is all their own choice and their own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Absolutely this.
    He sounds like Austin Currie. Who decamped to a nice cosy constituency in Cork? when the going got tough in Tyrone and was called Chicken Currie in our house. :)

I went to school with Austin’s nephews (and a few travellers to boot).

Anyway Francie I am not getting you at all, we are obviously from the same place and with the same values and yet I agree with what what Casey is saying and you just seem to want to be a shinner mouthpiece.
    Do you not realise that if the shinners had kept talking the truth as they used to do then they wouldn’t have lost me as a voter and might have also actually gained popularity amongst others?

Maybe he could use the 12 coppers to carry college students to class:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    what a ****ing idiot.
    You racists always have to scrape the bottom of the barrel whenever you get someone to play upfront.

Or is it that, amoung you he's the cream of the crop.

Wrong thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

interesting

That’s what I’ve felt all along. He stumbled upon the traveler thing, was ready to quit the race because of the backlash he got and then instead doubled down on it when he saw there was support there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I've an honest question, do you really think the 343,000 people who voted for Peter Casey will watch that staged ambush tonight by Tubridy and a load of aggressive travellers in the audience roaring at him, and change their mind about travellers??

Do you really think you won tonight?? I think most Casey voters and many others will see that Peter Casey was set up in an ambush, which failed.

He was treated very politely by the audience. No roaring whatsoever so why spread a mistruth?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

The weird thing is that David McWilliams was on shortly before, basically saying that society is going to **** because it's being run in a unsustainable way that is forcing the working men and women to carry the can for everything. Obviously the traveller "issue" wasn't part of it but there were many parallels that could be drawn between the two guests. Tubridy is incapable of seeing this, or is unwilling to see it.

What! how is that what you took for Mcwilliams interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Very impressed with Casey tonight.

Fair play to him, he has honour and conviction. A man who stands by his words.

Hopefully the good people of Donegal do right by him in the next G.E.

We need honest men like that in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

:D:D:D:D Honestly, I am now willing to believe that those who still support this ego driven idiot are similarly inflicted and the caricature is correct.

People had support for his words, his message and most of all his unwavering opinion. It’s not Peter people were/are interested in. It’s the fact that finally there’s someone willing to stand up and represent their views publically. It could have been a singing donkey and people would have backed him, that’s how disenfranchised people are with how things are.

It’s a case of the right words at the right time from the wrong person.

I went to school with Austin’s nephews (and a few travellers to boot).

Anyway Francie I am not getting you at all, we are obviously from the same place and with the same values and yet I agree with what what Casey is saying and you just seem to want to be a shinner mouthpiece.
    Do you not realise that if the shinners kept talking the truth as the used to do then they not now wouldn’t have lost me as a voter but might have also actually gained popularity amongst others?

SF is becoming a very middle class and above party.

It may end up being so different to its support but never accepted in the middle class.

People had support for his words, his message and most of all his unwavering opinion. It’s not Peter people were/are interested in. It’s the fact that finally there’s someone willing to stand up and represent their views publically. It could have been a singing donkey and people would have backed him, that’s how disenfranchised people are with how things are.

Pretty much it.

Pretty much it.

I really think people will see a shambolic, ego driven idiot tbh. You got conned, this man doesn't have a political philosophy, he doesn't even have an understanding of Ireland. He got told to say something by his handlers and he hasn't a clue about how to back it up, form a political strategy or find his arse with two hands tbh.

Most Irish people think Ryan Tubridy is an utter tool, and that travellers have a problem with criminality in their community.

I don't think their opinions were changed tonight. It's not really about Peter Casey, it's about the message he represented.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Interview with Casey was a sham and farce, thankfully it all backfired on Tubs and his audience plants.

the easiest thing in the world is to tell the truth
    the truth shall set you free
    well done Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Absolutely this.
    He sounds like Austin Currie. Who decamped to a nice cosy constituency in Cork? when the going got tough in Tyrone and was called Chicken Currie in our house. :)

It was Dublin West - Leo's constituency.
    Casey is very hard to interview because he doesn't finish his sentences and just hops around from one thing and another.
    The moving all the (30,000?) travellers to the Phoenix Park to get an education really took the biscuit.

Most Irish people think Ryan Tubridy is an utter tool, and that travellers have a problem with criminality in their community.

I don't think their opinions were changed tonight. It's not really about Peter Casey, it's about the message he represented.

And Casey never said anything about that. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I really think people will see a shambolic, ego driven idiot tbh. You got conned, this man doesn't have a political philosophy, he doesn't even have an understanding of Ireland. He got told to say something by his handlers and he hasn't a clue about how to back it up, form a political strategy or find his arse with two hands tbh.

All everybody sees is you acting as a defender of the worst scumbag behaviour and lawlessness in the country - mostly traveller related but others too.

I'm glad you are not one of the many elderly country residents terrified in their own homes tonight.

How big of you.

What would be bigger is you calling these people out and standing up to them and defending the weak in society.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    He was treated very politely by the audience. No roaring whatsoever so why spread a mistruth?
    That fat traveller girl was shouting at him afterward, and she was being quite aggressive. She did not come across well at all.

I actually think RTE and their traveller partners in crime missed a trick. They really should have got some travellers that could actually speak properly and have manners, and put them in the audience. Like that Beanz Ward fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I voted for Casey because he highlighted issues that needed to be addressed.

Casey waffled his way through this. Hadn't a clue really.

The Pavee's did themselves no favours, no surprises there.

They came across as more ignorant than him!

That took some doing on their part.

Some of these Pavees have Degrees apparently.

Goes to show that even education can't take the sense of entitlement out of them.

jm08 wrote: »
    It was Dublin West - Leo's constituency.
    Casey is very hard to interview because he doesn't finish his sentences and just hops around from one thing and another.
    The moving all the (30,000?) travellers to the Phoenix Park to get an education really took the biscuit.

Dublin West- cheers!

What in under of god was Casey on about with the PK stuff? And he tried to defend it too :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

How come, out of over 300k so few are willing to stand up and speak publically?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Tubridy has a lot of fans - otherwise he wouldn't be where he is. A lot of people may have a problem with criminality with travellers, but Casey isn't (or does he have) the answers. He is all over the shop!

• Advertisement

He just shows the divide, he talked about something that is heretical to talk about.

No other party bar SF ran a candidate and she sounded like a HR director or a PR spin doctor. He was the anti establishment candidate because he spoke out on an unsafe topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement