Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

Bought two of these originally, decided to get three more and give a couple to the family. Three of them for €16 using the points from the last order, works out a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

lowelife wrote: »
    New Code apparently :)

DLN6CK10

Yup I have just ordered another 3 @ £6.28 each

Thanks, I ordered 3 of these on the original and wanted more, great deal.

Less than €20 when I used my points for another 3.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I now have 3 of them

Can they be set up on my wife's phone also. Do they manually have to be set up and named again?

Will It unpair them from My phone or app?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Have 2, want more but I really really can't think of what I'd do with more.

They're both attached to the lamps in my living room, really can't think of any other use for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

brightkane wrote: »
    I now have 3 of them

Can they be set up on my wife's phone also. Do they manually have to be set up and named again?

Will It unpair them from My phone or app?

Install the app on your wife's phone. She set up her own account with eWeLink and you can share the connections from your app account to hers. Each connected device has to be shared individually, but there's no additional set up on your wife's phone. All settings, including names transfer.

Very simple process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

With the latest Google Home app update this is now working fine - no need to own a Google Home device.

Set up device ->
    Works with Google - Have something already ->
    Smart We Link

and then log in via your eWeLink login

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Finally set mine up with the Google Home mini!

Nifty little thing!

Roll on 11.11 and Black Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

anyone have problems connecting to 2.5ghz BGN wifi? i have to select B only for the plugs to connect - any other setting gets me the double flash that they have connected to the modem but aren't connected to the Sonoff Server in the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Any decent prices for one of these going? The code in the OP is no longer working and with shipping it works out at €16

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

davo2001 wrote: »
    Any decent prices for one of these going? The code in the OP is no longer working and with shipping it works out at €16

There was a update one I posted a page back but thats expired now too.

I got the updated one from here https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dresslily.com

So its worth keeping an eye out there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Mine seems to have stopped working with Google home for some reason. Didn't change anything. I've tried relinking the sonoff account but same issue. Anyone got any ideas? I can see it in Google home app and control it through sonoff app but can't control it in Google app or through home mini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Mine seems to have stopped working with Google home for some reason. Didn't change anything. I've tried relinking the sonoff account but same issue. Anyone got any ideas? I can see it in Google home app and control it through sonoff app but can't control it in Google app or through home mini

Mine's the same. Can add the account back to the Home app ok but they will only work from the ewelink app.

Mines saying "I'm afraid there's an error for 3 lights", but working fine with the app too.

Gonna try powering Google home off and on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Yes I have the same problem... won’t work the lights now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I've the same issue.

Compatibility issue accross the board since this morning I'd say.

Turning it(home) off and on again makes no difference, just so people know.

I've fiddled with everything imaginable, including removing the device from the sonoff account, unlinking the sonoff account, resyncing with Google etc. It's definitely something changed in the relationship between sonoff and Google backends. Hopefully they fix it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Exact same problem here with all of mine. Tried everything. Complete ****. Exact same with Amazon. I bet there is some block from amazon to ewlink server.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yep, has stopped working with my Echo since this morning. I wonder what's up

So on to amazon there. Can you guys let me know of what ISP your on that have the issue. I am on virgin media. Though it sounds like someone blacklisted their servers on AWS or so cr4p like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm on Virgin also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Same issue here
    Tried all the usual tricks like power things ofc and on again. No luck
    Sky broadband BTW

Not ISP related. Within the amazon app you can click on the history and say the command didn't work and give details on why it didn't work. It will then upload the logs and your details of what happened and they will get back to you. They said 48hrs but the more that log cases the higher it will be.

I have changed my DNS servers also but it seems like its a something wrong in AWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Funnily...my S26 plugs are working (those that I tested) with Google Home, but the older S20's aren't!

Won't be an Amazon thing as I've no Alexa equipment, using them all with Google. On Virgin also though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Genghis

Had same problem in Google Home app last night. Tested again just now and it works fine.

Working flawlessly this morning again. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Was about to come on here & post as they weren't working last night with Alexa but glad it seems to be working now.
    Will try it when home.

Also my phone (huawei P20) started giving out about ewelink using too much battery - anyone else see this?

frash wrote: »
    Was about to come on here & post as they weren't working last night with Alexa but glad it seems to be working now.
    Will try it when home.

Also my phone (huawei P20) started giving out about ewelink using too much battery - anyone else see this?

I wouldn't even bother with the ewelink app. Once you've set up your devices and have it running with Google or Alexa there's no real reason to keep (unless you want timer functions etc.). My phone had it running constantly in the background yesterday as well.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't even bother with the ewelink app. Once you've set up your devices and have it running with Google or Alexa there's no real reason to keep (unless you want timer functions etc.). My phone had it running constantly in the background yesterday as well.

I wouldn't but they mess about that much with assistant that you need it as a backup.

Advertisement