Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin Coach Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭patrickc

abother setra with passengers broken down on the N7 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

patrickc wrote: »
    abother setra with passengers broken down on the N7 today

I passed the depot at 10:30 tonight and there were none of the usual buses outside on the road apart from a small Kildare village one and two of the broken setras. The place is usually piled high outside every other night I pass. Unless they are all broke down on a motorway somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I passed the depot at 10:30 tonight and there were none of the usual buses outside on the road apart from a small Kildare village one and two of the broken setras. The place is usually piled high outside every other night I pass. Unless they are all broke down on a motorway somewhere.

Or maybe the Litter Warden has knocked on their door, and told them to clean up their act?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

From Facebook this afternoon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Wouldn't be too sure of how recent that is. Was down that way within the last 2 hours and didn't notice anything left over from that.

Still a few gutted buses hanging around too.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be too sure of how recent that is. Was down that way within the last 2 hours and didn't notice anything left over from that.

Still a few gutted buses hanging around too.

Just passed it now.... one coach (09 KE) completely gutted, another with the rear third of it burnt out.
    Photographers and Garda there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wonder was it arson.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wonder was it arson.

Hmmm !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

From Facebook this afternoon

Same ball of shîťê that clogged up Doolin a few weeks ago. What a crock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just passed it now.... one coach (09 KE) completely gutted, another with the rear third of it burnt out.
    Photographers and Garda there.

Must have been after I passed through so.

Them double deck vanhools must be ragged???

I always thought they were a smashing coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Wonder was it arson.

Even if it was it would still go back to DC's incompetence as an operator for parking buses overnight on a public road. They should really be off the road. I don't how their insured.

Dublin bus is selling their VT 1-20 wonder will Dublin coach buy them???

Nearly wouldn't surprise me if they fitted them with seat belts and used them for coach work. Absolute joke of an operator by the sounds of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Even if it was it would still go back to DC's incompetence as an operator for parking buses overnight on a public road. They should really be off the road. I don't how their insured.

What makes it more odd than usual is it happened at their depot, or a few yards from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Are these the first VTs registered late 2005?

tabbey wrote: »
    Are these the first VTs registered late 2005?

Yes. Yp for sale already, December pulled from service, it's a shame as they are such a good bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Yes. Yp for sale already, December pulled from service, it's a shame as they are such a good bus.

Yes they are a great bus, they feel much more solid than many newer designs.

They also carry lots of people who would be left behind by other vehicles.

Up on the market in the UK I believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Looks like fire started in back of one of the buses and spread to the bus behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

i hear that DC have there Belfast Route out to Tender or someone to take it of the hands are they are not making any money on it bar Friday and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

i hear that DC have there Belfast Route out to Tender or someone to take it of the hands are they are not making any money on it bar Friday and Sunday

What makes it more odd than usual is it happened at their depot, or a few yards from it.

I assume that's because their depot is too small for their fleet which is a bit thick of them for not having a depot large enough.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Very shortly they will be starting a new route between Dublin airport and Clongriffin with the number 727.

It's typical Dublin Coach. Continued expansion rather than dealing with long suffering passengers on existing routes.

Bar the Belfast and to a lesser extent the Limerick route. All other services are starved of any kind of investment.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I assume that's because their depot is too small for their fleet which is a bit thick of them for not having a depot large enough.

I’ll rephrase.

It was strange it happened in knockmitten, arson is a high probability.

devnull wrote: »
    Very shortly they will be starting a new route between Dublin airport and Clongriffin with the number 727.

It's typical Dublin Coach. Continued expansion rather than dealing with long suffering passengers on existing routes.

Bar the Belfast and to a lesser extent the Limerick route. All other services are starved of any kind of investment.

Sounds like a bit of a reincarnation of the old AerDart but from Clongriffin rather than Howth Junction. Surprised they'd bother since the AerDart was relatively short lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

A bus driver sacked for sharing 'shock' pictures of a faulty wheel has won an unfair dismissal claim http://jrnl.ie/4306184

I wonder was he driving for them?

Truckermal wrote: »
    A bus driver sacked for sharing 'shock' pictures of a faulty wheel has won an unfair dismissal claim http://jrnl.ie/4306184

I wonder was he driving for them?
    Still though, €990 isn't a massive amount of money, he was just lucky he found someone else to take him on.

As for getting the money itself, he'll more than likely have to go to court to get an enforcement order and then get the local sheriff to execute the said order.

I took an unfair dismissal cases myself in recent years.

From initiating the action to receiving payment, it was monthly payments over a very long time, took about 4 years and involved the process i described above.

• Advertisement

Rumour going around another one has caught fire tonight.

Advertisement