Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlie’s Angels Reboot.

• 02-10-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭

Will be directed by Elizabeth Banks.

The Angels will be Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska

Patrick Stewart,Djimon Hounsou & Elizabeth Banks will all play Bosleys.
    The film will focus on the next generation of Angels working for the mysterious Charlie. The Townsend Agency has grown considerably and gone global, providing security and intelligence services to a wide variety of private clients.

Set for release in September 2019.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

this before a 6 million dollar man movie (not adjusted for inflation)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

silverharp wrote: »
    this before a 6 million dollar man movie (not adjusted for inflation)

;)

Mark Wahlberg’s ‘Six Billion Dollar Man’ Set for 2019

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/mark-wahlberg-six-billion-dollar-release-1202716312/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

I watched the last one for the saucy scenes with sexy actresses. KS doesn't tickle any fancy of mine. The other 2 are good-looking, so i'm hoping for some skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Should have done a reboot with 3 males in the lead roles, like a reverse Ghostbusters.

See how it goes down.

>>

<<

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Should have done a reboot with 3 males in the lead roles, like a reverse Ghostbusters.

See how it goes down.

>>

<<

This is from a backdoor pilot from the 70's series it didn't go down well.

Toni's Boys
    tonisboys.jpg

• Advertisement

its a daft idea for a movie, it better be cheap to make and be prepared for straight to TV

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Patrick Stewart, Djimon Hounsou & Elizabeth Banks will all play Bosley

:rolleyes: :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

pretty shrewd hitting the mental health sector by having Bosley having a multiple personality disorder but all the personalities are goodies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,278 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: :confused:
    Seems obvious that they are for different regions, with the organisation being global - based on the synopsis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

First trailer:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man that's a really badly edited trailer. Messy and all over the place. If that's as exciting / funny as it gets then ... yeesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And Craig Mazin did some early work on the script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Style over substance, methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking at it on imdb, are there multiple Bosley's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd like to see it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Seems plausible.

Am I right it's based loosely on a true story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Didn't like the trailer much 3 days ago when it was first posted, it doesn't improve with age. Such a bland idea anyway, rebooting a reboot. Not really sure why Banks thinks this is a good idea to showcase her directing skills.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's not as if the first reboot wasn't complete garbage at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's not as if the first reboot wasn't complete garbage at all.
    Well, there was never very much to the show, pretty, well-dressed but very mundane actors in a weekly caper and chats to a disembodied voice. Film companies tapping into their feminine side in search of profit really!

• Advertisement

Since the original series, we've had the 2 movies and the reboot series and now this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't put my finger on it but I find something very irritating about Kristin Stewart. I felt the same way with that Snow white film and I enjoyed that for what it was. This i'm afraid looks garbage. The Mc G take on it had to be fair a decent fight scene or two.

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't put my finger on it but I find something very irritating about Kristin Stewart. I felt the same way with that Snow white film and I enjoyed that for what it was. This i'm afraid looks garbage. The Mc G take on it had to be fair a decent fight scene or two.

erm, she is a washed up actress? :pac:

I've said before, but she has "come to bed" eyes, because she always looks like she's about to fall asleep

this new reboot is the answer to a question that nobody asked.

Lorraine Pascale's daughter is a very pretty girl.

has a bit of a current day Lisa Bonet vibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Hardly a surprise. Have you seen her mother? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 buser2x

i'll pass on this one

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭pah

Thank goodness they informed me on the 5 second mark that the trailer was about to start NOW I think I would have missed it otherwise

FML WHO CAME UP WITH THE MINI TRAILER TEASE BEFORE THE TRAILER THING? I HOPE THEY DIE IN THEIR OWN PISS

Edit: I'll be giving this a miss.

Edit2: Unless I get woke before it's released

Oh this looks terrible. I can only imagine Patrick Stewart did it for the money or as a favour to somebody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I can only imagine Patrick Stewart did it for the money .
    I hate to break it to you but thats how most acting jobs work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given Stewart was happy to voice the poop emoji in The Emoji Movie, the ship for sniffing at his acting choices, or considering them flawless, has already sailed ;)

I hate to break it to you but thats how most acting jobs work.

Gee thanks for the snark!

• Advertisement

I don't think it will even make half it's budget back, bombing

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭El Duda

"I really hope they reboot Charlies Angels again" - Literally no one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

El Duda wrote: »
    "I really hope they reboot Charlies Angels again" - Literally no one.

Sure they tried to reboot the TV show back in 2011 but it was so bad that it was cancelled after 4 episodes.

Get woke go broke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I watched it tonight.
    It's actually alright. It is what you expect it to be. It's no way a 4.2 IMDB rating. I'd say it's a 6. Not the best movie you will see however not the worst.

I say it was victim to the "anti all-women cast movie" you see on the internet. Out of the 21,000 votes on IMDB it's rating is not fair. That's b movie ratings. So I reckon a lot didn't even see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bendip

I watched it tonight.
    It's actually alright. It is what you expect it to be. It's no way a 4.2 IMDB rating. I'd say it's a 6. Not the best movie you will see however not the worst.

I say it was victim to the "anti all-women cast movie" you see on the internet. Out of the 21,000 votes on IMDB it's rating is not fair. That's b movie ratings. So I reckon a lot didn't even see it.

i enjoyed it more than the barrymore..diaz..liu movies.. hardly a ringing endorsement..but not the worst night at cineworld we've had lately (the upside..the goldfinch)..there are drawbacks to having an unlimited pass..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I watched it tonight.

I reckon the majority of those down votes came after the sh!t that spewed out of Elizabeth Banks's mouth.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

nix wrote: »
    I reckon the majority of those down votes came after the sh!t that spewed out of Elizabeth Banks's mouth.. :(

Yeah I read that comment. She shouldn't have said it.
    If anyone is gonna make an all female-cast movie of something just act like the internet nay-sayers don't exist. Don't mention things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah I read that comment. She shouldn't have said it.
    If anyone is gonna make an all female-cast movie of something just act like the internet nay-sayers don't exist. Don't mention things.

I think it's becoming apparent by now it doesn't massively matter what you say or don't though - Youtube will decide what it wants you to have said based on how much it wants you to fail, and people who want to believe it will accept it at face value.

What Banks said and how it was reported - and accepted, and repeated - have a fairly distant relationship. It was always going to be something.

Jonathan Tucker the the only saving grace of this awful film, needed him on screen more, terrible female castings of the angels, end credits cameos were good

Advertisement