Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars Resistance (Animated series)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First 3 episodes available now. First episode is double length.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The first kinda grew on me.

Looks like it's a slow enough start setting up the characters, but I've learned from Clone Wars and Rebels to give these series time.
    I did enjoy the episodes though.

Just caught up. It's a good opening alright. Put together, they feel like a mini-tv-film :)

The story is decent enough. Yer man is annoying so.. plenty of room to grow I guess :)

The main stand out is the animation. Wow, it's like top notch Anime level stuff. It really brings the atmosphere.

Aaaaahh, first episode where I wasn't left feeling yer man is annoying :)

• Advertisement

Dunno. I'm still not sold on him. He reminds me of Peter in Spider-Man Homecomig wanting Tony's approval.
    If it moves away from him wanting to be a spy and just let it happen naturally, it will be better.

This week's episode
    So the last surviving people from a planet no one seems to know called Tehar, which just so happens to be an anagram of Earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Seen it, all 5 episodes on Torrents and its dire poor characters, soapy animation. We need Feloni at the helm and get rid of Kathleen Kennedy

But Filoni is over this, the same as Rebels. They need to do something to get it moving. The other series were set in different locations. This one restricted itself to a single place, for some reason

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This week's episode
    So the last surviving people from a planet no one seems to know called Tehar, which just so happens to be an anagram of Earth

Surely not
    us, we're in a
    Galaxy Far Far Away! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

But Filoni is over this, the same as Rebels. They need to do something to get it moving. The other series were set in different locations. This one restricted itself to a single place, for some reason

Filoni isnt on the job or it was cobbled together over night (3 months). I havent seen anything this bad since the infamous Christmas special.

Could see this weeks development a mile away! :)

Hopefully it leads to something interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

i quite like the animation
    While Rebels was pretty "Lothal" heavy it still let us expand and explore the Galaxy..
    Keeping them confined to this Fuel station seems bit of an anchor story wise
    I was hooked on Rebels by episode 5 whereas I've still not completely bought into this
    I'm sticking with it ofcourse but really needs to up the ante

I've just finished reading the book Phasma (not sure if this is set before or after it) but I would like to see Cardinal or Vi Moradi at some point

Hopefully it leads to something interesting.

There it is. This place doesn't stand much of a chance of holding out for long.

Is it too much to hope that everything is building to something drastic happening that either turns the platform into a rebel base or it gets destroyed?

We're a good bit in now and I still couldn't name most of the characters

I can't see them stopping the 1st Order taking the base... BUT.. maybe that's gonna mean we'll see one hell of a Fight! X-Wings and Aces!

Oh, TM that name! :)

Sounds like a game!

Can tell that it is slowly building to something, i really hope the pay off is worth it though
    honestly, I think that Jar Jar was less annoying than Kaz

Hrmmm.. tie-in for episode IX maybe?

Guessing the Fireball is gonna be all souped up when Kaz gets back :)

Easily the best episode so far
    Shows that Poe risking lives of his team mates isn't just a one off like in start of Last Jedi where he got most of his squadron killed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭corkie

Holiday Special Shorts

6 Episodes in total, 3 aired on the 10th and the other 3 Yesterday (17th).

Looks like they are just youtube shorts.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Another 3 special shorts.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Another 3 shorts. <<< Available from 31 Dec

Sorry my series guide app, didn't pick up on these, so sorry for delayed posting.

Welcome to 2019!

Ha! No need to apologise for keeping us up to date. I never even think about these until I see them posted here.

Like Star Trek, I do like these shorts to give us something during breaks. Though this is actually a lot.

Looks like it's back this weekend

Just caught up.. I get the feeling we might get to see a BIG space battle. Unlikely season 1 though.

Agree about the Holiday Special Shorts corkie, thanks for posting them! They were hilarious! :)

16: Jeez the teddy...

I guess we're just before The Force Awakens now that Poe is on his way to Jakku

Maybe the big space battle I was guessing about is actually the two from The Last Jedi

The Core Problem was easily the best episode of the season for me
    Really starting to gather momentum now
    While I'll miss BB-8 I look forward to more CB-23

Nice to see something starting to happen.

Feels ominous. 3 episodes left this season.

• Advertisement

That was good and setting up this week's finale and it seems a new setting for next season.

Advertisement