Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents anger over noise and horns from 24 hour Krispy kreme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    43003393_2211803222187445_9020179028161593344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&oh=76655a0953d11368cc99f12fa2baa477&oe=5C1DD67A

New Lidl opening in Sligo as well tomorrow. Tempted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Stoolcup wrote: »
    Interesting. Is that your philosophy in general? Should we have any laws restraining behaviour?

Jesus get over yourself. Its a Krispy Kreme shop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Well if you are getting anything, get the Toffee Yum Yums from Lidl, they are way better than any donut you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Interesting. Is that your philosophy in general? Should we have any laws restraining behaviour?

We should have the choice to buy a few poxy pastries if we want. That's it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Lidl ones are crap. Chocolate so thin you can barely taste it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

Omackeral wrote: »
    We should have the choice to buy a few poxy pastries if we want. That's it really.

You didn't answer my question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Local donuts are one of the many culinary pleasures of visiting Ireland, up there with proper apple tart and tasty beef sandwiches. Who would queue for the inferior American version?

''So you don't think we should have laws restraining people's behaviour?''. How on God's green Earth did you arrive at that conclusion? Was it because I said people are and should be allowed to buy more than one donut? Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Centra's have to be bought fresh, otherwise you're eating a donut that has been left uncovered and mauled by every filthy handed child that seen it and had a barney with their parent over buying said donut.

There's nothing sweeter than the donut a child's been denied.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Local donuts are one of the many culinary pleasures of visiting Ireland, up there with proper apple tart and tasty beef sandwiches. Who would queue for the inferior American version?

Loads of people, judging by this thread and other reports.

• Advertisement

Also, you didn't answer my question. What if I want to buy a box of cakes for my family or workmates? Should that not be permitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

These outlets should be banned, along with McDonalds and any other junk outlet. You're basically purchasing diabetes in a box.

I wish you wouldn't bandy the word diabetes around like that . I have two young members of my family who are Type 1 diabetic . One diagnosed in her teens and one aged 5 . Nothing at all to do with donuts but with their own immune system . If you want to make silly points then at least get your terms and facts straight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Because many people need to be saved from themselves. The State should promote healthy eating. No-one needs a box of donuts. If you want you can buy one in a cafe.

Maybe we should bring back rations to be collected daily? I mean, even with a loaf of bread you never know if someone is going to eat the entire thing in one sitting. It's the only way to ensure people eat healthy portions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I wish you wouldn't bandy the word diabetes around like that . I have two young members of my family who are Type 1 diabetic . One diagnosed in her teens and one aged 5 . Nothing at all to do with donuts but with their own immune system . If you want to make silly points then at least get your terms and facts straight

Most people have type 2 which is promoted by eating donuty ****e,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Most people have type 2 which is promoted by eating donuty ****e,

So because a small population of people have an issue with eating too much sugar and getting diabetes, it should then affect the majority of people who don't have that issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

endacl wrote: »
    Not at all. Non-idiots would make a reservation at a restaurant.
    ?

Strangest comment yet. There’s nothing special about Krispy Kreme. Also not all restaurants have waits, you can book if they do, and it’s not the same as queuing in a car and honking your horn like an idiot waiting for a freaking doughnut.

Just a note - lots of restaurants don’t take reservations for fewer than 6 or so people. So sometimes queuing is unavoidable if you want to eat in a particular place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just a note - lots of restaurants don’t take reservations for fewer than 6 or so people.

Lots of places sell donuts. With no queue.

Lots of places sell donuts. With no queue.

You said non-idiots would make a reservation at a restaurant. Just pointing out that it’s not always possible. In Dublin city centre, it’s very commonplace to not be able to reserve for small amounts of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    So because a small population of people have an issue with eating too much sugar and getting diabetes, it should then affect the majority of people who don't have that issue?

I was making a diabetic type specific point, not proselytizing about the wider topic. RTFP

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You said non-idiots would make a reservation at a restaurant. Just pointing out that it’s not always possible. In Dublin city centre, it’s very commonplace to not be able to reserve for small amounts of people.
    I’ve never had that happen. Not once. In fact, I’d generally (weekly) be making a reservation for two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Was there cocaine in the donuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems like half the attraction is that is was one of the few places open after 11pm in this country that isn’t a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No wonder there's so many fatties waddling about.

I’ve never had that happen. Not once. In fact, I’d generally (weekly) be making a reservation for two.

Good for you. I’ve had it happen lots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Was there cocaine in the donuts?

Do you mean raisins?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Complete madness in my opinion. They’re only doughnuts and no one needs them at that hour of the morning.

I feel for the residents. Why were people honking their horns in the middle of the night? Have they no consideration?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

My response to this whole sham was originally just satire but it says alot about the type of people who willingly drove to a fast food store in the middle of the night and que for a considerable amount of time in their car, while displaying the mental capacity of a doughnut itself.

Residents should have parked their car in the drive through in protest and walked away. KK would then get the message and so would the tools beeping. Now that the 24/h has been taken away from the store, this make me think of the staff that would have been working the night shift, will they be accommodated into the stores rota without the loss of hours etc also the night staff would of had their own personal reasons as to why they are working nights etc

Their doughnuts aren't even that nice ffs. This is a fad created over a well known 'murican chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I am mesmerised as to how people bother to cue for doughnuts , I would not cue for 5 minuets for anything, unless it is essential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The Boom is back baby! Lining up for fooking Doughnuts. Do they still line up outside Empty your Pockets in Blanch these days?? Morons.

Advertisement