Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents anger over noise and horns from 24 hour Krispy kreme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Was there cocaine in the donuts?

Some studies suggest dophamine release from sugar, is upto x8 more addictive than many other white powders.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

lol fookin mouthbreathers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

Omackeral wrote: »
    Also, you didn't answer my question. What if I want to buy a box of cakes for my family or workmates? Should that not be permitted?

It should, but there is no need for these places.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I wish you wouldn't bandy the word diabetes around like that . I have two young members of my family who are Type 1 diabetic . One diagnosed in her teens and one aged 5 . Nothing at all to do with donuts but with their own immune system . If you want to make silly points then at least get your terms and facts straight

When did I say a high sugar intake was the sole cause of diabetes? Or are you just looking to be offended?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Stoolcup wrote: »
    When did I say a high sugar intake was the sole cause of diabetes? Or are you just looking to be offended?

At no stage did I say you did
    No I am looking to be informative actually .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the donuts craze still alive and to wonder why obesity and diabetes is high in Ireland

I was in busy Glasgow Airport last week and was the only one standing at the Krispy Kreme donuts kiosk. Got coffee and a pleasant but not extraordinary donut. Absolutely zero fuss there, but the Scots aren’t known to be over-consumist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

The cronut from the halo donut range in Tesco is the nicest doughnut I've ever had.

I also enjoy the toffee yum yum in Lidl. I would like to try a krispy kreme cronut if they do them. I probably won't ever taste them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Struggling with the concept of Irish people queuing for donuts at all hours of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the donuts craze still alive and to wonder why obesity and diabetes is high in Ireland

Careful now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Noveight wrote: »
    Struggling with the concept of Irish people queuing for donuts at all hours of the night.
    It’s that peculiar Irish phenomenon of ‘ahshuryehavta’. It’s the dopey cousin of ‘for the craic’.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,099 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Noveight wrote: »

I struggle with the concept of Irish people queuing for a lot of things. Its like we keep failing to move on from the poor days and insist on acting like eejits with our money every time something new presents itself, especially food. I remember morons queuing outside so many ordinary and average food places since the mid 90s. Its like the famine and the workhouse is ingrained in us. The only difference is we now spend our money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Jesus Christ lads, it's doughnuts we're talking about, a couple of euro. You're all getting your knickers in a twist with your rants about the boom and people and their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Hurrache wrote: »
    Jesus Christ lads, it's doughnuts we're talking about, a couple of euro. You're all getting your knickers in a twist with your rants about the boom and people and their money.

Can't see the problem with the queues but the blessed beeping would drive me to murder if I lived there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

If dey have money fer doughnuts, dey have more muney fer de taxman luv.

Shud be shamd uv demselves spendin der muney on wot dey want.

Telpis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,099 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well we'll just put it down to rampant and stupid consumerism so, with added anti social activity. Sure it'll be grand and great craic.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    At no stage did I say you did
    No I am looking to be informative actually .

So there was no point to your post whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭SeanW

Was this in Blanchardstown? I was there about a week ago, total madness. Not a parking space anywhere, traffic utterly mental, temporary barriers everywhere, queues a mile long outside the new Krispy Kreme. Seriously? It's a bleedin' donut shop? How the hell ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Are they all beeping their horns so that we’ll know they’re stupid?

It’s ok guys, we know.

One thing is for certain-Krispy Kreme have conjured up a frenzy of publicity for themselves, advertising such as I’ve not heard one other good product get in such short a time. On virtually all the national broadcaster and rival broadcaster radio programs, on all the social media, and now here on Boards. All stirring up a frenzy of free advertising, a marketer’s dream. The whole darned nation has heard of KK and very many will at least try the product when next encountered even if not blowing horns during 3am queues.

For me the name Krispy Kreme conjured up exquisite taste and texture sensations. Waiting for an airplane at Glasgow, when I first encountered the name, their little kiosk promised what it didn’t quite deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

More Amercianised BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

More Amercianised BS.

BS, that's an American term isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

A friend brought me over a box of random dohnuts from Krispy Kreme. I didn't enjoy them, just the same as any other of the too many dohnuts shops in Dublin.

I find it rather pathetic that people queue up and get dohnut rage. Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

For me the name Krispy Kreme conjured up exquisite taste and texture sensations.

Your house must be full of ****e you have buyers regret over if the ads actually had that effect on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Morons.

462941.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

CruelCoin wrote: »
    462941.jpg

They're perfectly free to enjoy the dohnut. But queing up for 30 minutes or more and getting into a rage is just pathetic. Like I said, I already had some(friend gave me them) and it was just another dohnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

MarkY91 wrote: »
    They're perfectly free to enjoy the dohnut. But queing up for 30 minutes or more and getting into a rage is just pathetic. Like I said, I already had some(friend gave me them) and it was just another dohnut.

Unless I missed another video, they weren't beeping their horns in rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well we'll just put it down to rampant and stupid consumerism so, with added anti social activity. Sure it'll be grand and great craic.

WOW! You go grandeod!

Queuing reminds me of the War and rationing. Hours in line for basic foods and often disappointed. I keep wondering if this doughnut thing is false news, as it is so utterly *****************

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The only stuff I'd beep the horn for would be a good feed of bacon and cabbage.
    And if the white sauce is poured over the floury spuds, I'd be in danger of setting off the airbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

One thing is for certain-Krispy Kreme have conjured up a frenzy of publicity for themselves, advertising such as I’ve not heard one other good product get in such short a time. On virtually all the national broadcaster and rival broadcaster radio programs, on all the social media, and now here on Boards. All stirring up a frenzy of free advertising, a marketer’s dream. The whole darned nation has heard of KK and very many will at least try the product when next encountered even if not blowing horns during 3am queues.

For me the name Krispy Kreme conjured up exquisite taste and texture sensations. Waiting for an airplane at Glasgow, when I first encountered the name, their little kiosk promised what it didn’t quite deliver.

Apple are pretty good at this too.

Advertisement