Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JUUL Pod system - Have you tried?

Options
  • 31-08-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Has anyone any experience with JUUL pod vape? Difficult to get here but have heard from a friend they are coming soon. Seems absolutely huge inthe U.S!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

gledge wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience with JUUL pod vape? Difficult to get here but have heard from a friend they are coming soon. Seems absolutely huge inthe U.S!

Seen reviews but I haven't seen them anywhere to buy...

These seem to get excellent reviews https://www.e-smokeireland.com/start...-breeze-2.html

Here's a couple of review videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0q7Puk7ed4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqJPfk8L8J0

Don't forget to prime the new coil...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Eventually, Juul will launch here, they are planning to launch in the UK soon. Thing is, Juul contains 50mg nicotine so they won't be launching that here, we will probably get the Juul with 20mg nic which considering the low power of the battery will be about as much use as the old pound shop cigalikes.
    Unless they get a medical license which would change the game completely, though I doubt they will go that route yet. I think they will test the market with 20mg first in a few areas, the UK as they could drop the 20mg restriction once they leave the EU, and delay the rest of the EU, including Ireland until they have a medical license to launch with the full strength Juul from the start. Still, we will be able to get them from the north the way we got condoms one time. The history of harm reduction goes in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

I've ordered from UK over the weekend, you are correct with drop in Nic level...but even at that level it seems like a huge amount!  Anyway will test it out and let you know, any review videos I have watched all say that its the closest thing you can get to a real cig which will be epic if correct!

I've ordered from UK over the weekend, you are correct with drop in Nic level...but even at that level it seems like a huge amount!  Anyway will test it out and let you know, any review videos I have watched all say that its the closest thing you can get to a real cig which will be epic if correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Juul has been out in the UK for a month:
    www.juul.co.uk

They wont ship to Ireland but these guys will:
    https://www.ecigwizard.com/collections/juul-uk

• Advertisement

I bought 6 months supply of Juul 5% pods when I was in Florida. Likely the best decision of my life. Cigarettes are a downgrade in satisfaction now,

Captcha wrote: »
    Juul has been out in the UK for a month:
    www.juul.co.uk

They wont ship to Ireland but these guys will:
    https://www.ecigwizard.com/collections/juul-uk
    Thats who I have ordered off, still waiting on delivery...how long do they usually take?
    Have you tried the UK strength yet? I'm 20 a day and getting worried the reduced strength won't cut it! Excited all the same!

Thats who I have ordered off, still waiting on delivery...how long do they usually take?
    Have you tried the UK strength yet? I'm 20 a day and getting worried the reduced strength won't cut it! Excited all the same!

Takes about 4 working days. They will not ship the device unless you choose registered (tracked) post.

Yes I have the 1.7% too and as long as you use both fingers to cover the transparent part they are not too bad, but I would be at risk of smoking if I only had those I think. Definitely a big difference between the 5%

USA just launched 4% ones which would also be good.

EU TPD Laws are draconian laws to protect tobacco tax, full stop. EU is a disgrace, they want to add tax to ecigs now too... SCREW EU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Did it arrive? Been thinking of getting one myself, back on the smokes recently, disaster.

EGriff wrote: »

Did it arrive? Been thinking of getting one myself, back on the smokes recently, disaster.
    No sign of it, ordered 31st August...suggest going the express option as would have saved in the long run with all the packs of cigs I have had to buy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

No sign of it, ordered 31st August...suggest going the express option as would have saved in the long run with all the packs of cigs I have had to buy!

Did they send it yet? Their site has a big speil about age verification, that could be the issue.

Yes, it was dispatched monday morning and has been "Sent to country of destination" since Wednesday. Very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SteveD92

I ordered a Juul off that site last week, chose next day delivery and it was with Parcel Motel the next morning, great service... Emailed a pic of my driving licence and had my account verified in 30 mins.

Yep wish I went this route!!
    SteveD92 wrote: »
    I ordered a Juul off that site last week, chose next day delivery and it was with Parcel Motel the next morning, great service... Emailed a pic of my driving licence and had my account verified in 30 mins.

Have recieved my order, really happy with size of device but Captcha was correct with the lower nic%, don't get too much from it. Hope the EU changes its laws or I get a chance to go states soon!

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/2018/09/o-juul-ban-5ba294dbea3fd

Government want to regulate / ban Juul because its so successful!
    JUUL is simply a company that made too much money too fast; it has challenged the tobacco industry and forgotten to invest in the capital of political favors. Yes, vaping is unhealthy, but it is not the worst thing teens are doing to themselves. Vaping does not come with the possibility of instant death due to over-consumption. Teens have died from drinking too much, but the FDA does not go after alcohol companies for putting out drinks with flavors that appeal to a younger demographic, such as Mike’s HARDER. Why not? Is it because prohibition didn’t work out and it would look kind of embarrassing to go for round two? Or are the alcohol companies simply shelling out more than JUUL? The government does not ban products to protect you. It bans in favor of its own interests.

Looking like Juul vape pods have not much effect on living cells:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/juul-labs-presents-findings-from-cytotoxicity-study-at-the-tobacco-science-research-conference-300713777.html
    "We are encouraged by the results of this study, in which tested aerosols generated from JUUL were not cytotoxic to living cells," said Dr. Manoj Misra, study author and head of Toxicology at JUUL Labs. "These findings add to the growing body of evidence regarding use of JUUL as an alternative to combustible cigarettes, and we are committed to future rigorous, independent and peer-reviewed clinical trials and behavioral studies."

Have recieved my order, really happy with size of device but Captcha was correct with the lower nic%, don't get too much from it. Hope the EU changes its laws or I get a chance to go states soon!

Its actually quite cheap to fly to USA! :) Can get it for under 300 euro return!

I've got my hands on some of the U.S 5%......What a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm flying to the US this week so I might pick some up. However I would be wary of liking it too much if I can't get adequate pods back here. I wonder if you can get them shipped from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Otterface

Hey just wondering how you can compare juuls nicotine mg to regular vape mg/ml.. I vape 3mg/ml high vg, so is juuls 20mg much stronger?

• Advertisement

So Im waiting on my juul pods from usa and they have basically been in 10 states.

Called USPS and they were looking for Dublin, Ireland within USA. I quickly told them its in Europe, a different continent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CillBillll

Just hope you guys know that one Juul pod has the same amount of nicotine as a pack of cigarettes
    Enjoy risking your health

Why even bother with juul go drink some club orange or eat some tayto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

CillBillll wrote:

Are you seriously saying that eating that junk is a healthier option..... seriously?????

CillBillll wrote:

Coke and Pringles maybe but never club orange and tayto....ugggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Coke and Pringles maybe but never club orange and tayto....ugggh.

Clearly you're not a good country lad from the likes of limerick or kerry! :pac:

Clearly you're not a good country lad from the likes of limerick or kerry! :pac:

Only one place for Tayto....between 2 slices of nice fresh white bread smothered in butter and washed down with....yeah maybe a club orange...yumyumyum;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭HowItsMade

Has anyone managed to get the US pods to Ireland?

I was in New York for a few weeks and brought back some 5% pods for my Juul. They make a huge difference in keeping me off the cigarettes.

When they ran out i ordered some off of the UK Juul site through parcel motel. The 1.7% isn't as satisfying and I find I'm going through them faster.

Is there anyway to get them to Ireland at a reasonable price? I've used An Post's US delivery service before but they have to open the package and charge an import duty. I'm not sure if its legal to import them plus the cost would be crazy.

Is there any cheaper alternative?

With the savings made on ciggs you could get two trips to new york each year, pick up enough Juuls for the period and have a flipping great time for a weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Captcha wrote: »
    So Im waiting on my juul pods from usa and they have basically been in 10 states.

Called USPS and they were looking for Dublin, Ireland within USA. I quickly told them its in Europe, a different continent....

I'm actually in Dublin California at the moment :) I'm here for work. Picked up a juul too. It's a nice little device.

edit to add: I just started a thread about nic salts. the juul uses them as far as I'm aware. It's possible to vape similar juice in a different device so I kicked off a thread to talk about those juices in general.

Advertisement