Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is there going to be an online league set up for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Played my first few games last night, enjoyed the gameplay but feel it will be a steep learning curve for me, especially shooting and controlling your striker, looking forward to half day from work to get stuck in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Probably a stupid question but what's it like? Did they make any decent changes to Career Mode or is it literally the exact same as FIFA 18? This is the first time since 2008 where I have not seeked out a FIFA game around release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Probably a stupid question but what's it like? Did they make any decent changes to Career Mode or is it literally the exact same as FIFA 18? This is the first time since 2008 where I have not seeked out a FIFA game around release.

Career mode is pretty much exactly the same. The odd cool addition but I'm enjoying it more because the AI is a lot more interesting to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Motivator

Lads what’s the difference between the standard edition and “champions edition”? What does the extra €20+ get you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Motivator wrote: »
    Lads what’s the difference between the standard edition and “champions edition”? What does the extra €20+ get you?

1 jumbo premium pack a week for ultimate team. And one CL player, mostly useless. And some kits. Early access, but that's not worth any more.

If you play ultimate I would rather take the basic one and buy packs for 20 euro, at least you won't have to wait.

wonski wrote: »
    1 jumbo premium pack a week for ultimate team. And one CL player, mostly useless. And some kits. Early access, but that's not worth any more.

If you play ultimate I would rather take the basic one and buy packs for 20 euro, at least you won't have to wait.

Nice one thanks, so it only gives content specific to the UT?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Motivator wrote: »
    Nice one thanks, so it only gives content specific to the UT?

Yes. Other than that regular game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Young lads fifa 19 wont play and is stuck in his xbox ,, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

This is the first time since Fifa 16 I have bought it, after playing the demo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Dcully wrote: »
    Young lads fifa 19 wont play and is stuck in his xbox ,, any ideas?

You can be fairly certain that's an Xbox problem and nothing to do with FIFA.. maybe look up how to remove a jammed disc on YouTube or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭n32

Trying to get this going on ps4 a d getting error message half way through installing the update file. Any ideas as to what's causing the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's the small things that can annoy me, like how when you're playing a Champions League game it doesn't play the theme from the start it starts playing half way through the song

Also I can't seem to aim a cross without hitting a bicycle kick, I mean Ronnie and Bale score them and EA have everyone trying it

Other than that I'm really enjoying it, games are feeling like battles and as with the last couple Fifas pace isn't a massive deal at launch but hopefully the first big patch doesn't change that as per the last couple Fifas

It's the small things that can annoy me, like how when you're playing a Champions League game it doesn't play the theme from the start it starts playing half way through the song

Also I can't seem to aim a cross without hitting a bicycle kick, I mean Ronnie and Bale score them and EA have everyone trying it

Other than that I'm really enjoying it, games are feeling like battles and as with the last couple Fifas pace isn't a massive deal at launch but hopefully the first big patch doesn't change that as per the last couple Fifas

I’m finding the gameplay to be quite slow. Haven’t played a 2 player game yet but I love fast paced 2 player games it makes the matches much more enjoyable. Shooting is trickier but the passing feels much easier than some previous editions, I pinged a ball at a player and he just took it in his stride. I’d rather see him miscontrol it than what he actually did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

First time buying fifa. Doing okay vs the AI, but I'm definitely doing something wrong online.
    No matter how quickly i break, I'm at best against a back four, but usually two banks. One through ball seem to leave me with two at the back though.
    Also everyone seems to be able to press me (like holding X on the old pro ev games) and take the ball, but i can only do that little stab with circle to tackle.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone playing this in HDR? The brightness and colour have been pumped up to eye hurting levels compared to fifa 18. Can barely see the players faces in team management because they're so white.

Edit: for anyone with the same issue, go to settings, video calibration. Press r2 three times to get to HDR brightness and turn it way down. I had to put it from 100 down to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Clearly EA sports saw the Ronaldo and Bale bicycle kicks and thought this is a normal thing so let's have it happen regularly. I must have had about 10 scored against me in 30 games.

Even from corner kicks some players have mastered how to cross it in and have a player smash it in Rooney esque v city (without shinning it though)

I like that it shows exactly what how the stats are improved due to chemistry now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone finding the new shooting system a bit tricky?

15+ years of perfecting the shooting system, only for it to be changed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How is the game compared to Fifa 18?

Anyone playing career mode is it any better in terms of teams (The A.i) playing with accurate playing styles's?

Worth buying this year?
    Thought Fifa 18 was poor.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone finding the new shooting system a bit tricky?

15+ years of perfecting the shooting system, only for it to be changed :pac:

Been playing on pro as legendary was impossible and I couldn't score from kicked shots. Meanwhile I was wondering what L2 + O did. Googled...and found L2 + R1 + O gives a finesse shot from distance. Scoring more goals now.

MD1990 wrote: »
    How is the game compared to Fifa 18?

Anyone playing career mode is it any better in terms of teams (The A.i) playing with accurate playing styles's?

Worth buying this year?
    Thought Fifa 18 was poor.

Last fifa I got was 16...played demo for 17 & 18 and didn't like it. Played demo this year and loved it. Got the game.

I think it's a great game tbh. I like the career mode but I don't know how it differs from previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I've done a season of career mode with AC Milan. Playing on ultimate difficulty I find it quite enjoyable, much more so than previous years. The AI seems more intelligent in what they do.

correction wrote: »
    I've done a season of career mode with AC Milan. Playing on ultimate difficulty I find it quite enjoyable, much more so than previous years. The AI seems more intelligent in what they do.

The one touch ping pong football the AI pulls off at the higher difficulty is ridiculous though, feels like cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm finding the difficulty awkward , one difficulty is too easy and the other one is hard , finding it a real challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm finding the difficulty awkward , one difficulty is too easy and the other one is hard , finding it a real challenge

Depending on what areas you find are unfair in difficulty, adjust the sliders accordingly. If you find that the AI one touch passing is too OP like the previous poster pointed out (which I fully agree with btw), you can increase the AI pass error and first touch error slightly, or even lower their pass speed. Every year I always fiddle around with sliders and see what works, so far I have the AI goalkeeping cranked up to 70 my own down to 40, it’s not the only one I’ve changed but it definitely increases the tension, it’s great having to focus in every match and minimise mistakes.

Overall, it’s a quality FIFA this year, maybe the best one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So there seems to be a goal kick glitch as I conceded 2 goals online from it. They somehow are able to take a goal kick to their striker who is about 50 yards clean through for a goal.

Edit: googling it and yes seems to be a well known game breaker. Few YouTube videos around.

Think I'll give this fifa a miss til the patch

Packed Martial in the bog standard electrum pack, was shocked to see he's selling at 50k+ what's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

ShaneU wrote: »
    Packed Martial in the bog standard electrum pack, was shocked to see he's selling at 50k+ what's going on there?

Everything is rising and will keep on rising, the market is gonna be booming come the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Everything is rising and will keep on rising, the market is gonna be booming come the weekend.

So I should hold onto Lukaku? Was tempted as he is over 200k at the moment.

Him, Firmino and IF Insigne are my best 3 cards and I want to cash in at the best time.

Advertisement