Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Fifa 19

12346»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭ chris_ie


    I had been playing the odd time online when I was on a fixed wireless connection. Had some good matches and others were just either laggy, stop/start, or had button delay, so I'd end up just switching it off. Got fiber to the home in there recently, ping of around 10ms and wired to the console. Matches were fine but recently again they've starting getting alot of button delay, like you mention players feel sluggish with a lot of stray passes. Some matches might start off fine then just go to crap, although the other player seems to be able to make passes etc fine. Out of about 8 matches last night, 1 was fine. Not sure if it was a massive coincidence I got opponents with poor connections or something else was up. Ping was fine during this time and speeds unaffected (300mb - not that speed matters that much).

    Does ultimate team work differently to seasons? Seasons is p2p as far as I know (so pinging a few different servers wont catch all connection issues if there are any), is UT server based?


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭ awec


    Finally got to Division 1 seasons. :D


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭ awec


    Div 1 really isn't fun. 95% of games are either against Barca, PSG, Real Madrid or Juventus.

    It seems way more toxic than lower divisions as well. Front post corner spam with Ronaldo, players playing for penalties constantly, the really annoying celebrations, players doing keepy uppys. A frustrating experience.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 BelovedAunt


    awec wrote: »
    Div 1 really isn't fun. 95% of games are either against Barca, PSG, Real Madrid or Juventus.

    It seems way more toxic than lower divisions as well. Front post corner spam with Ronaldo, players playing for penalties constantly, the really annoying celebrations, players doing keepy uppys. A frustrating experience.

    Yeah I usually hover around division 2 but every month or so I get promoted to 1 and it's awful. Even when you're winning games in it it's a horrible grind.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭ chris_ie


    Had a few more matches recently. Seems the closer you get to Div 1 the more chances you get of a laggy/button delay match. May just be pure coincidence. The annoying thing is when you start a match, can feel/see the lag and go to mutual quit but the other player says no. Just do not understand it.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭ awec


    chris_ie wrote: »
    Had a few more matches recently. Seems the closer you get to Div 1 the more chances you get of a laggy/button delay match. May just be pure coincidence. The annoying thing is when you start a match, can feel/see the lag and go to mutual quit but the other player says no. Just do not understand it.
    Yea this drives me crazy. It makes it so difficult, you can hold the pass button down for ages but because of the input lag the pass is way softer than it should be. Skill moves are delayed.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,815 ✭✭✭✭ Rock Lesnar


    Only played UT until now, played my 1st seasons game, won 2-1 but i hit the post 7 times, very like UT gameplay to


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭ Reganio 2


    Find seasons a bit more fun. Played ultimate team but not every week so no playing teams with all sorts of rainbow kits. Now play season in division 3 having only lost 1 game (How Rangers ever got paired up against Dortmund ill never know) but its a bit more easy going. Only thing I would like is stats of the players for the team you are using goals etc but that's just wishful thinking I'd say.


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭ awec


    Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Find seasons a bit more fun. Played ultimate team but not every week so no playing teams with all sorts of rainbow kits. Now play season in division 3 having only lost 1 game (How Rangers ever got paired up against Dortmund ill never know) but its a bit more easy going. Only thing I would like is stats of the players for the team you are using goals etc but that's just wishful thinking I'd say.
    I found from season 3 and above that almost everyone plays as the best teams in the game, so while you might get drawn against a 4 star team every now and again, most of your games will be against 5 stars no matter who you pick.

    If you’re avoiding Barca, Real, Juve and PSG you’re doing well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,815 ✭✭✭✭ Rock Lesnar


    So after my original post, (shouldnt have posted after just 1 game, ha) iv'e played more season games and find it far more enjoyable then UT, more fluid gameplay, less ball deflects, cpu defending seems more consistent and less overpowered, and the keepers dont save nearly every shot.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭ Sandor Clegane


    I'm late in the day getting into this but bought it since it was on sale.

    Couple of things, is it just me or is the first touch hideously bad in this? also players seem slow to respond to commands, particularity first time balls, I don't know if its a bit of lag on seasons but it seems off.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭ Jerichoholic


    Got this on Access

    What in the name of **** is going on with online matches? The speeding up lag thing has never happened in any other FIFA for me before. It's unplayable nearly.

    Is there a fix?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭ Lamposts


    Bit random but I gave up on FIFA 20 a couple of months ago. Does anyone have any Icons or TOTS cards that they could possibly list up for me?


Advertisement