Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It beggars belief that they're still trying to go ahead with Brexit.
    Every sign is pointing towards it being an absolute disaster.

On the plus side, no one will ever call us a "f*cking Paddy" in chat again! :pac:

Article 50 has been triggered a long while back, once that happened they passed the point of no return. Consider it their Isle of Mists. ;)

In truth though us Irish need to just go ahead and buy 50 titles from each and every UK developer if not more. Yes, even thise without 50 titles to buy. Anything less would just be bullying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And it's the same the other way round. Take WoW for example. I think they have some of their servers in Donegal, others in Frankfurt. Not sure if there are any in UK, but any UK based player would not be allowed access those servers due to the GDPR implications. Hell, businesses in the US have to abide by GDPR if they wan't to sell online to EU.
    And they're really not messing around with it. Several well known us news outlets that seemingly didn't want to comply called the EUs bluff on GDPR... and now have vanished from the Internet for those of us in here.

I'm moving permanently to Canada in about three weeks so it doesn't impact me much in the grand scheme, but GDPR is fecking excellent in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Billy86 wrote: »
    Anything less would just be bullying them.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    On the plus side, no one will ever call us a "f*cking Paddy" in chat again! :pac:
    You're more delusional than the brexiteers if you believe that! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you like your Japanese mecha.

Toshifumi Nabeshima (director, Armored Core series),
    Yoji Shinkawa (character designer, KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS ,METAL GEAR series),
    Takayuki Yanase (mech designer, Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Xenoblade Chronicles X)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This got huge praise in the Gaming General thread, definitely gonna check this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I've been wanting to pick this up for ages. Wonder if they'll have a physical release. Only reason I haven't bought it for the Switch is because its digital only. This and The Messenger are two Switch games I'm dying to play. Dead Cells too but I bought that last week.

So Ubi is looking the idea of remastering an old game and adding it to the season pass of a new game as they did with far cry. This time, they have remastered assassin's creed 3 and adding to the Oddysee season pass. You couldn't pay me to play 3 again.

• Advertisement

Of all the games they could've picked why 3? Killed the series for many people including myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Of all the games they could've picked why 3?

Cause every other game bar the original is already on next gen systems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Of all the games they could've picked why 3? Killed the series for many people including myself
    Probably because they've already remastered the Ezio series and Rogue so with Black Flag already out on the PS4, it makes sense that AC3 is next in line for the treatment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I finished every Ass until that, i actually hate Conor Mc gregor or whatever his name is.

I wanted to play 4 but refused as i hadnt finished 3 (i own both and all ones after that).

I made excuses for Unity (coop) and origins (it was decent and set pre 3)

It almost killed the series but AC 4 was brilliant. **** assassin's creed game (following missions were a pain in the hole) but totally worth it for the pirate adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It almost killed the series but AC 4 was brilliant. **** assassin's creed game (following missions were a pain in the hole) but totally with it for the pirate adventures.

The eavesdropping missions. They were the only downside of AC IV for me.

Varik wrote: »

If you like your Japanese mecha.

Toshifumi Nabeshima (director, Armored Core series),
    Yoji Shinkawa (character designer, KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS ,METAL GEAR series),
    Takayuki Yanase (mech designer, Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Xenoblade Chronicles X)

The female voice Koshka (sp?) seems very familiar. I'm thinking same actor as Nier Automata maybe or something else on the tip of my tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mini PS1 releasing this December, preloaded with 20 games (FF7, Tekken, ridge Racer, wild arms are the only ones listed). 100 euro. Overpriced imo. It would want to have metal gear solid, tomb raider, Resi 1, gran turismo, legacy of Kain, Tony hawks, GTA 1, Syphon filter, etc. Will be interesting to see the full list.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Mini PS1 releasing this December, preloaded with 20 games (FF7, Tekken, ridge Racer, wild arms are the only ones listed). 100 euro. Overpriced imo. It would want to have metal gear solid, tomb raider, Resi 1, gran turismo, legacy of Kain, Tony hawks, GTA 1, Syphon filter, etc. Will be interesting to see the full list.
    The emulator does that now.. Easy hook up a controller. Plus save 100euro

• Advertisement

gazzamc wrote: »
    The emulator does that now.. Easy hook up a controller. Plus save 100euro

Same with the Nintendo minis. Nice little collectors thing but cheaper to make/buy your own box of roms and emulators. These mini consoles should have really given access to a store to buy games at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Except PC PS1 emulation is pretty terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Castlevania Requiem (Symphony of The Night and Rondo of Blood bundle) rated for PS4 in Korea.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/19/castlevania-requiem-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood-gets-rated-for-ps4-in-korea/

Lists both Japanese and English versions so possible will see it over these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Except PC PS1 emulation is pretty terrible.
    Still? Not actually tried it since Bleem! but I would have assumed things have progressed since then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I can't see the benefit of it when I can play PS1 games on my Vita. And the fact that many of them look worse than a old dog's saggy scrotum these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still play a lot of PS1 games these days. They might look a bit rough, and some are just plain unplayable, but it was a system that was just full of invention and novelty unlike todays games where you only get that with indie releases and big budget games are made from a checklist template.

My only worry is that they will just put the popular games on this. What makes the PS1 so special is the weird quirky stuff. Jumping Flash is a good addition but I'd rather Sony put stuff like that or parappa on rather than RPG generica like Wild Arms.

Would love to see the likes of MGS, Silent Hill, Resi and Gran Turismo 2 (the most boring racing game ever but it did define that system). Then add some weirder stuff like Silent Bomber, SotN, Deception, Kings Field (please!!!!) etc.

Should have had FF Tactics instead of FF7 :P

gizmo wrote: »
    Still? Not actually tried it since Bleem! but I would have assumed things have progressed since then?

It's a complete mess of plugins for specific games and once you move out of the popular games into the less popular ones it's a total disaster of glitches, timing issues and incompatibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a complete mess of plugins for specific games and once you move out of the popular games into the less popular ones it's a total disaster of glitches, timing issues and incompatibility.

I've been using Harrisson Hacks PS1 Classic for a while now and have had zero problems at all.

• Advertisement

There's a small bit of tinkering involved in epsxe alright but I wouldn't call it a mess. Admittedly, it is a lot of hassle compared to your 16 bit and below emulators but with the right settings applied your games can look magnificent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement