Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's serviceable for the big popular game's as they've been improved with numerous hack jobs over the years. There's huge problems with many lesser known games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

gizmo wrote: »
    Still? Not actually tried it since Bleem! but I would have assumed things have progressed since then?

god! I remember trying to play games on the PC with Bleem!
    don't know why I bothered as the PS1 was attached to the telly beside it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Castlevania Requiem (Symphony of The Night and Rondo of Blood bundle) rated for PS4 in Korea.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/19/castlevania-requiem-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood-gets-rated-for-ps4-in-korea/

Lists both Japanese and English versions so possible will see it over these parts.

Someone on eurogamer saying this is a first wave of vania bundles. There's supposedly a DS and gba game bundle coming to switch at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Someone on eurogamer saying this is a first wave of vania bundles. There's supposedly a DS and gba game bundle coming to switch at least.

Hope so, never got the chance to play any of the GBA/DS ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Except PC PS1 emulation is pretty terrible.

Mednafen performs very well for me. Much more accurate and better compatiblity than epsxe

• Advertisement

I've not really bothered with my raspberry pi in a while how well do those handle PS One stuff?

I've not really bothered with my raspberry pi in a while how well do those handle PS One stuff?

Don't take it as gospel but from what I remember the pi 3 is well able. Anything below is dodgy territory though

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Still? Not actually tried it since Bleem! but I would have assumed things have progressed since then?

It's a complete mess of plugins for specific games and once you move out of the popular games into the less popular ones it's a total disaster of glitches, timing issues and incompatibility.
    I doubt these ps1 mini will cater to the people who want to play the less popular games either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

RDR2 not coming to PC

4jUhL3G.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,152 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where you see that? Is it official?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Nothing about it on any of the gaming sites I've checked. I really don't want to drop 500 on a One X for this

Skerries wrote: »
    RDR2 not coming to PC

4jUhL3G.jpg
    That's probably just to get people to cave for the console versions.. They'll do what they did with GTAV.. Delay it until they can squeeze every penny from the console market. They want people to double dip again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,255 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Skerries wrote: »
    RDR2 not coming to PC

Seems to be a possible translation error
    https://twitter.com/RedDeadNet/status/1042865021355732993

They never said it will never be coming to PC, just that the game is for PS4 and Xbox One (likely just talking about initial release and no announced plans for PC version yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Unless Rockstar suddenly hates money RDR2 will almost certainly see a PC release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Delayed PC release for double dippers I suspect.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I double dipped on GTA V (it was the first time in 2 years I'd used my 360 and it's been gathering dust since). I have a nice shiny PS4 Pro now, but I'm currently thinking I'll simply wait a year for a PC release because there is simply no comparison between the Console and PC versions of GTA V (I've spent many hours on my friend's PS4 playing GTA V too). Rockstar would be absolutely mad not to bring RDR2 to the PC after all the money they've made from PC on GTA V and we've seen that Take 2 are just as keen as any other publisher to swallow up *ALL* the money. I was really turned off the game when I saw all the pre-oder nonsense rolling out, sick of this shite from AAA games and publishers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Every time they DONT announce a PC version its free publicity for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Pretty sure this has been discussed before and while it'll never really be confirmed, one of the main reasons RDR never came to the PC was due to the state of the engine (and code base in general) at the time. The San Diego studio led production of the game with North (and others) as support and the former team had considerable issues along the way, the infamous Rockstar spouse letter being the most public manifestation of this. Following release, a lot of time was put into the PC side of things for the Max Payne 3 release which is one of the reasons (scale of the game being another) it saw a simultaneous release.

With the engine in a considerably better state now and with the wider Rockstar Studios now working as a more cohesive unit, the chances of RDR2 not coming to the PC are fairly minute. The idea that it's being deliberately held back for anything other than time/resources reasoning doesn't really hold much water basically.

The idea that it's being deliberately held back for anything other than time/resources reasoning doesn't really hold much water basically.

How about greed? That a realistic reason? Consoles are a priority to them and double dipping bait is a reality. Even if it's just a month wait there's consumers with high end PCs and consoles that will buy it on console just to play it early, stream, hang with friends earlier, then pick up the PC version later for graphics/performance mods and different sets of friends (etc). If I know this then TT do as well and as a publicly traded company they don't really have any excuses to give to investors for not making the most money as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

How about greed? That a realistic reason? Consoles are a priority to them and double dipping bait is a reality. Even if it's just a month wait there's consumers with high end PCs and consoles that will buy it on console just to play it early, stream, hang with friends earlier, then pick up the PC version later for graphics/performance mods and different sets of friends (etc). If I know this then TT do as well and as a publicly traded company they don't really have any excuses to give to investors for not making the most money as possible.

LOL

I mean it's a reason, it just happens to be fairly poor one which ignores the history behind the development of the engine powering the games, the studios involved in making them, the technical complexity of the titles in question and the release schedules of nearly every other title released by the same publisher in the last generation or two.

L.A Noire was the last title from Take-Two to see such a staggered release between platforms and, coincidentally, it too saw a chaotic development cycle with significant issues thanks to the use of their own engine.

A fair point but I would not say greed is an unlikely reason. Need only look at micro-transactions, lootboxes, DRM and feature regression to see the absolute state of the industry in regards to this.

A fair point but I would not say greed is an unlikely reason. Need only look at micro-transactions, lootboxes, DRM and feature regression to see the absolute state of the industry in regards to this.
    Oh aye, don't get me wrong, it's a fairly evident reason for a number of releases from different publishers these days. In this context, one need only look at Take-Two and their utter mishandling of Evolve for instance. But it's also not a one-size-fits-all reason for such things, especially when there's both technical reasons and prior form in the case of the GTA series and the RAGE engine.

Or if you want to stick with RDR, let's just see how they balance the in-game pricing of content for Red Dead Online and watch as they most likely follow in the footsteps of GTA Online. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Calling a business greedy for trying to make money is a bit silly.

There's a balance. No qualms about them wanting to make money but as soon as the product starts to regress because of it, that's when I can safely say it's greedy. Launch DLC, on-disc DLC, no dedicated servers for a multi million dollar company. Things like that.

There's a balance. No qualms about them wanting to make money but as soon as the product starts to regress because of it, that's when I can safely say it's greedy. Launch DLC, on-disc DLC, no dedicated servers for a multi million dollar company. Things like that.
    Scrapping SP DLC and focusing on microtransactions in GTAV.. My faith in Rockstar has gone. They'll milk RDR2 the same way.

Get your wallet ready for them snake cards, as they jack up the mp economy to sell more currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well this is depressing.

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1043223915596734464

https://twitter.com/LawofTD/status/1043223826941669376

I was very excited for the Wolf Among Us sequel.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah that's awful news. There was some amazing games in there, but they took on too many projects i think, and the quality of their most recent titles suffered.

The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead were fantastic, and i enjoyed Batman and Game of Thrones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fuuuck. So many people looking forward to the wolf among us 2. I wonder if the walking dead final season will suffer in quality now, surely morale will be in the **** and they'll either want to just get it over with or do some brilliant work as their last hurrah. Really crappy news but glad I didn't buy the season pass for TWD now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement