Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here it is Conor McGregors Whiskey!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Is the name so bad it's good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Sh*t name, something like McGregor might have suited better (unless that exists already).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Calling a 3 year old whiskey "proper twelve" has to fall foul of some advertising laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Would is making it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

matrim wrote: »
    Calling a 3 year old whiskey "proper twelve" has to fall foul of some advertising laws.

I don't think that name will fly in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

was looking for some aging information on the site but couldn't find it anywhere.

It's a bit.....iffy alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Like the man, I wouldn't give this p!ss any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

12 refers to Dublin 12 where crumlin is,not to the age of the whiskey

sexmag wrote: »
    12 refers to Dublin 12 where crumlin is,not to the age of the whiskey

and it's not ambiguous at all of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭mikeecho

The big question is...

IDL, Bushmills or Cooley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

It's a Bushmills three year old blend that's going to retail for $24.99 in the States, so at least it's not a rip off. But I also won't expect anything special from it.

Edit: He also couldn't call it 'Notorious' because O'Hara's own that trade mark. And they in no way used his likeness for their Notorious Red IPA a few years ago...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Surely a 3 year old would be junk no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    It's a Bushmills three year old blend that's going to retail for $24.99 in the States, so at least it's not a rip off. But I also won't expect anything special from it.

Edit: He also couldn't call it 'Notorious' because O'Hara's own that trade mark. And they in no way used his likeness for their Notorious Red IPA a few years ago...

Sorry to sound ignorant here but are you saying that this is a bushmills whiskey then?

When did he open the distillery or did he?

Is this like Teeling and Cooley all over again?

Sorry to sound ignorant here but are you saying that this is a bushmills whiskey then?

Is this like Teeling and Cooley all over again?

And if he hasn't then whats the point in not having it branded with his name or nickname,

I don't think he did, the tweet said he's been working on this for 3 years.

You can't open a distillery and produce a 3 year old whiskey in 3 years.

If I had to guess (and I am guessing so please correct me if you've better details) this is little more than a marketing exercise.

Whatever distillery (bushmills in this case apparently) create a new blend

attach mcgregors image

$$$

that's all it is from what I can tell, he didn't create this whiskey

Like David Beckham makes aftershave but at least he has his name on it

And if he hasn't then whats the point in not having it branded with his name or nickname,

He was probably raging when he was told he couldn't use Notorious

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/fresh-trademark-blow-for-mcgregor-s-whiskey-plan-1.3232266

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

wexie wrote: »

At €45 a pop too is very dear.

I can't see it lasting long.

wexie wrote: »

Agreed, then ditch the idea. it only works if it has his branding proper 12 means nothing to anybody and implies its aged etc etc ....

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    It probably tastes better too

if its just Bushmills then sell it as such . Looks bad on Bushmills if this is just a quickway of bumping up the price on an average whiskey, it makes then look cheap and is more damaging to their brand than it will ever enhance mc gregors

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Crested 10 dropped the 10 due to confusion issues, the 12 will have to go here too I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Ardent

McGregor and Bushmills cashing in on his popularity while it lasts. Will probably taste like piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Order a crate and get a free trolley to hurl at a bus carry it to your home or manshed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Order a crate and get a free trolley to hurl at a bus carry it to your home or manshed...

Or it's intended purpose... brown paper bag in a field hurling abuse at passers by and finding your "true calling" by being paid for beating people up because you were a big enough d*ckhead around your own area.

Be the scobe, feel the scobe, drink the sco... ew, no.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Chong wrote: »
    Surely a 3 year old would be junk no?

Why? It probably will be junk, but not because it's 3 years old.

I dunno, maybe it's just an entirely unfair prejudice on my part.

I just wasn't expecting a product that is supposed to reflect the true nature of Crumlin to be particularly refined or high class.

verycool wrote: »
    Or it's intended purpose... brown paper bag in a field hurling abuse at passers by and finding your "true calling" by being paid for beating people up because you were a big enough d*ckhead around your own area.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

sugarman wrote: »
    It probably tastes better too

if its just Bushmills then sell it as such . Looks bad on Bushmills if this is just a quickway of bumping up the price on an average whiskey, it makes then look cheap and is more damaging to their brand than it will ever enhance mc gregors

Distilleries produce stock that is repackaged and rebranded and flogged by independent merchants the world over, all the time. There is no bad reflection on Bushmills in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭gucci

Like David Beckham makes aftershave but at least he has his name on it

Yeah you would never catch Beckham doing something to make a quick buck off whiskey.
    Its a partnership

Advertisement