Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭corm500

I wonder if it will be available here, a lot of the interactive stuff on Freesat seems to be Geo locked .
    UKTV Play is launching on freesat. It seems to be an on demand service with various boxsets, without subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

corm500 wrote: »
    I wonder if it will be available here, a lot of the interactive stuff on Freesat seems to be Geo locked .

I've just tried the app. 10 second ad at the start but then it won't play 'saying low bandwith'.

UKTV Play contains catchup for Dave, Drama, Yesterday & Really channels.

No luck for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It'll be terrible (like all Sony Channels) but Sony Movies is FTA as of now

V
    5/6

channel 3192 52515 on my EPG

Hopefully this stays ..... can then leave the Sky box with eir card tuned to a different channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭corm500

I've just tried the app. 10 second ad at the start but then it won't play 'saying low bandwith'.

UKTV Play contains catchup for Dave, Drama, Yesterday & Really channels.

No luck for me so far.

Same here, guess it’s not for us then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

What I would have expected given that the android app is geolocked

• Advertisement

homer911 wrote: »
    What I would have expected given that the android app is geolocked

I have a dns set up on my box so I don't think it is a geoblock issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Bad news for satellite viewers. The linear TV channel of Motorsport.tv is to close down next month. It will turn into an online subscription service on your web browsers, Apple TV, iOS & Android. It had been hoped that a HD version will appear FTA for ourselves on 28.2E & also on French satellite but it will never happen now.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/09/motorsport-tv-goes-online-only.html

This is their announcement on Facebook about the online move.
    Motorsport.tv is moving to online and on demand exclusively. We’ve got all your favourite shows & races you enjoyed on TV, now on demand, any time. Visit http://motorsport.tv or go to our Apple TV, iOS & Android Apps today to take advantage of our free 30 day trial.‬

Going the way of eleven sports. You have to wonder how many subscribers they will get. There is also the future possibility of these streaming companies being hit with a broadband infrastructure tax. Look at the money netflix is making yet doesn't contribute a penny towards the infrastructure it runs on.

If it was to come to pass it would lead to higher subscriptions.

Motorsport tv has flipped flopped between platforms before. On freesat they are down at channel 25_? Not many casual viewers scroll down that far.

I rarely viewed Motorsport TV despite having it grouped with Freesport, S4C HD, Eir Sports HD, Frontrunner etc., so I reckon I will not really miss it.

I certainly will not be paying them to be able to view it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Never watched it to be honest though it did have Irish rally coverage which some will surely miss here.

On Vintage TV's return mentioned above, it seems it'll be changing to a pure jukebox channel, so no interviews, studio performances etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭mrtom

Retro Movies 11464 H. 22000 displaying EPG & good signal strength, however black screen and mute. Used to be available FTA.

mrtom wrote: »
    Retro Movies 11464 H. 22000 displaying EPG & good signal strength, however black screen and mute. Used to be available FTA.

Nothing being transmitted ..... dunno why.

Vintage TV is the same it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,451 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

mrtom wrote: »

It is still FTA in that it was never part of any pay TV package. But there have been no programmes for well over a month, if you are only noticing that now. According to Google the EPG slot still belongs to Nollywood, and they are looking to sell it on.

Retro was just a place-holder so not a shock, hopefully whoever buy the Nollywood slot will
    see there is a bit of a market for old films - Talking Pictures is doing really well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Going the way of eleven sports. You have to wonder how many subscribers they will get. There is also the future possibility of these streaming companies being hit with a broadband infrastructure tax. Look at the money netflix is making yet doesn't contribute a penny towards the infrastructure it runs on.

Not sure if you are trolling or if you work for an ISP, but I wonder if you have heard of something called "net neutrality" as defined in Europe under Article 3 of EU Regulation 2015/2120. So called "broadband infrastructure tax" is a non-starter in Europe thankfully and any attempt to introduce such an awful thing will be challenged and defeated in Brussels.

Maybe you also think Toyota/Ford/Audi etc. should contribute towards our road infrastructure costs, which we already pay for through road tax and general taxation (and tolls).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Not sure if you are trolling or if you work for an ISP, but I wonder if you have heard of something called "net neutrality" as defined in Europe under Article 3 of EU Regulation 2015/2120. So called "broadband infrastructure tax" is a non-starter in Europe thankfully and any attempt to introduce such an awful thing will be challenged and defeated in Brussels.

Maybe you also think Toyota/Ford/Audi etc. should contribute towards our road infrastructure costs, which we already pay for through road tax and general taxation (and tolls).

What about the major users of spectrum in Ireland Pablo. Are they paying enough. I was quite surprised that the levy on ECNs and ECs is 0.2 per cent of relevant turnover. In other words feck all.

The annual spectrum usage fee for each spectrum block in the 800MHz and 900MHz bands is €1.08 million and 0.5m for the 1,800MHz band.

Then the 700meg band was also cleared. Are we collecting enough and where is the money going ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If the OP is trolling the proper action is to report the post. If you actually think the OP works for an ISP you need to produce evidence a bit stronger than his raising the possiblity of a particular taxation policy in future. Either way you can take a warning.

icdg wrote: »
    If the OP is trolling the proper action is to report the post. If you actually think the OP works for an ISP you need to produce evidence a bit stronger than his raising the possiblity of a particular taxation policy in future. Either way you can take a warning.

I am sorry that I seem to have broken some rule. I am not sure what rule, but warning noted.

STB. wrote: »
    What about the major users of spectrum in Ireland Pablo. Are they paying enough. I was quite surprised that the levy on ECNs and ECs is 0.2 per cent of relevant turnover. In other words feck all.

The annual spectrum usage fee for each spectrum block in the 800MHz and 900MHz bands is €1.08 million and 0.5m for the 1,800MHz band.

Then the 700meg band was also cleared. Are we collecting enough and where is the money going ?

I don't know enough about that to have an opinion. But spectrum licence fees are not really related to net neutrality.

It'll be terrible (like all Sony Channels) but Sony Movies is FTA as of now

V
    5/6

channel 3192 52515 on my EPG

Noticed Tuesday that Sony Movies has gone encrypted on 52515

• Advertisement

Sony Movies (and Sony Movies+1) are FTA again.

Sony Movies (and Sony Movies+1) are FTA again.

Nice!

FTA gets better by the day :D

Sony Movies now has full EPG, must be about to go Freesat.

Sony Movies now has full EPG, must be about to go Freesat.

Joins on Oct 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Freesat just seems to be getting better and better by the year - I have it now and got my mother it and we would never go back to sky or virgin - I think if your not into sports a combo of freesat saorview and Netflix is the ticket - also got a smart TV that has NOWTV that if I want to dip in and out I can ... happy days ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Freesat just seems to be getting better and better by the year - I have it now and got my mother it and we would never go back to sky or virgin - I think if your not into sports a combo of freesat saorview and Netflix is the ticket - also got a smart TV that has NOWTV that if I want to dip in and out I can ... happy days ðŸ‘

I completely agree, not sports fans in our house and that’s exactly the set up I have. Would never ever go back to virgin

Vintage TV back 11.597 V, SR 22.000, FEC 5/6

For how long is another matter

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Challenge +1 (United Kingdom) is now transmitted Free To Air (11836.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:6026 PID:525/673 nar,653 English). - source Kingofsat.net

Challenge +1 (United Kingdom) is now transmitted Free To Air (11836.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6 SID:6026 PID:525/673 nar,653 English). - source Kingofsat.net

Hasn't that been there and on Freesat all along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Sony Movie Channel added to Freesat

Movie Genre

Film 4
    Film 4+1
    Sony Movie Channel
    True Christmas
    True Christmas +1
    Movies4Men
    TalkingPics TV

(Movies4Men +1 Removed)