Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motley Crue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Nice one PTH -Corabi's voice was just so raw and gritty - great take on those songs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.motleyincinema.com/tickets/

think theres a showing in Dublin somewhere

just hope they release the Dvd/blu ray quickly after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

PTH2009 wrote: »

Are we even shocked?
    How many re-issues is that now?

Scrolling/shuffling through their stuff on the ipod is a headaches with the amount of different versions and tacked on 'bonus' content.

Are we even shocked?
    How many re-issues is that now?

Scrolling/shuffling through their stuff on the ipod is a headaches with the amount of different versions and tacked on 'bonus' content.

Yeah it's not going to stop there either and we will prob get plenty more reissues and all that ****

Mick Mars is now where to be seen nowadays but he is old and half crippled

Vince is doing solo stuff but with heavy emphasis on the Crue stuff

Tommy and Niki off doing there mediocre solo band stuff

I'd say they all hate each other and only talk business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Don't see what the big deal is with the reissues. Loads of bands do it including Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer not just Motley Crue......the list could go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

As it's the Crue thread, wonder whats happened to the poster Motley Crue, he was a great poster in here, hope all's well with him

Don't see what the big deal is with the reissues. Loads of bands do it including Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer not just Motley Crue......the list could go on.

The difference is that motley crue are experts in churning out material their fans already have.
    They have nine studio albums (three of which are ignored by them) and seven compilation albums (that I know of).
    It's a peculiar ratio.

Furthermore, they already re-issued all their albums, with unreleased and unfinished demos, after they got the originals back from Elektra.

Then, to the backdrop of their cash cow touring and retiring, their first move is to reissue an album.

I have all their albums for the record, but they're terrible cash grabbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Interesting development

New Crue album coming? Or a new side project with both Nikki & Tommy?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    New Crue album coming? Or a new side project with both Nikki & Tommy?

I expect it's one of the other suggestions made in the article.

So according to Vince Neil on Twitter..

https://twitter.com/thevinceneil/status/1040260904233914368

I wonder will they find some loophole in there touring contract thing and do another tour ??

Shame as it was nice to knw I saw crue on there last tour.

Mad isn't it

Mad isn't it

Running out of $$$$ i guess and prob record 3/4 new songs and release a new greatest hits album

I'd hate to see what state Vince is in now

Or 4 standalone tracks for The Dirt which is supposed to be coming out in 2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

they said from the start of the final tour that they would probably get back in the studio after, to record EP's as opposed to albums. And it'll definitely promote The Dirt Netflix movie.

https://twitter.com/thevinceneil/status/1040300527160946691

2019 is too be a big year for Motley Crue and one of the main things is will they reform and play live after promising they never would after the final tour ???.

Looking forward to the dirt movie and hopefully it's out early 2019 on Netflix

The Dirt will be on Netflix in March.

• Advertisement

trailer started off meh but got better and cant wait too watch this. Ramsey Bolton is cool now but still wont forgive him for his actions in GOT ha

Can't say it clears much up tbh.

They will try and cash in from this movie (not sure what way money goes for streaming compared too theatre releases ??) bringing out a few new songs and maybe doing the odd performance

They won't do a tour and legally can't but surely will find a loophole

We could be hearing the new stuff Motley have recorded soon enough, as Nikki as the tweet below says.

https://twitter.com/955KLOS/status/1098694992841793537

New track featuring Machine Gun Kelly

New track featuring Machine Gun Kelly

Sounds ok but really have no Interest in hearing new crue music. Nice too hear Mick Mars is still going strong given the good guitar work in the song

The Dirt will be available on Netflix tomorrow

im assumeing its worldwide and not just the US netflix

looking forward too seeing it actually

The Dirt will be available on Netflix tomorrow

im assumeing its worldwide and not just the US netflix

looking forward too seeing it actually

Entertaining at least. Hopefully won't do a bohemian rhapsody on it.

Not really sure what to make of their cover of Madonna's Like A Virgin.

Also The Dirt starts with a
    graphic scene of drummer Tommy Lee, performing oral sex on a groupie until she squirts a six-foot geyser across the room and everybody cheers.

I can't wait to watch it.

• Advertisement

Not really sure what to make of their cover of Madonna's Like A Virgin.

Also The Dirt starts with a
    graphic scene of drummer Tommy Lee, performing oral sex on a groupie until she squirts a six-foot geyser across the room and everybody cheers.

I can't wait to watch it.

Watched there tonight really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

Thought the movie was poor tbh. It told the story but the acting was terrible and therefore was difficult to believe in those characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Thought the movie was poor tbh. It told the story but the acting was terrible and therefore was difficult to believe in those characters.

As a fan since shout at the devil i agree. It was really poor, tommy's character was the best in it but they just never had any depth to any storyline.

If a decent producer had got at it maybe it could have lived up to the truth a bit more, shown us the real people a bit more.

The vince neill actor was not good. or at least what he was directed and scripted to do wasn't to be fair to him.

Ah sure it's a few more bob in for them!

So on the back of The Dirt premiering on Netflix recently, the band's music has been experiencing a feelgood factor with sales & streams.
    There’s been a spike of activity in sales and streams of the Crue’s material, with a reported 570% stream increase on Spotify, a 900% stream increase on Apple Music and 669% on Deezer, while downloads on iTunes have grown by a whopping 2027%.

So on the back of The Dirt premiering on Netflix recently, the band's music has been experiencing a feelgood factor with sales & streams.

They will prob find a loop hole in the touring contract and go back on the road too make more $$$ unlikely but this is the crue

They will prob find a loop hole in the touring contract and go back on the road too make more $$$ unlikely but this is the crue

I doubt it. It's been 5 years since they signed that contract, if they had wanted to find a loophole, they'd have found it by now. I'm actually glad they announced their Farewell and are sticking to their guns.

• Advertisement

I doubt it. It's been 5 years since they signed that contract, if they had wanted to find a loophole, they'd have found it by now. I'm actually glad they announced their Farewell and are sticking to their guns.

They could tour as
    Sixx and friends or Christmas

Add in a new member and call it a supergroup

^^ I just don't see the point of the above, they didn't wanna continue touring, so they called it quits when they felt they wanted to call it quits, respect their decision and just leave it be.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

With Neil's vocals being shot and Mars back issues i cant see them going back on tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,161 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

With Neil's vocals being shot and Mars back issues i cant see them going back on tour

As the only other person in the world with the same back condition as mick, I resent that! Go míck!

As the only other person in the world with the same back condition as mick, I resent that! Go míck!

the mans amazing and one of the greats of rock music

Pretty underated imo same can be siad for Crue as a whole

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah no, afraid not, as I'm lumbered with AS too :pac:

Finally watched it, it was a terrible disappointment. So rushed with so little cohesion and as was said the acting lacked any depth.
    Book remains solid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

I actually liked the film to be honest. I thought the actors really nailed it especially machine gun kelly as Tommy.

I bought the book when it came out and it was a great read, held little back. You got a real sense of the hedonistic 80s -early 90s glam metal vibe.

Speaking of metal - Ireland seems to have lost it's metal-love. I moved home from Finland where everyone plus your granny is a metalhead. Arrived to a country of makes with that truly awful haircut shaved up the back and sides with hair on top. Godawful. And teamed with tracksuit bottoms. Shame.

i was wonder was the movie a true reflection on Mick Mars in terms of women/family etc ???. He prob kept his private life quite compared too the rest of the band. He did drink too excess i imagine like the rest of the band

if anyone can find it Motley Crue behind the music remasterd is a good watch and gives a brief overview off the later years up too 2012/13. Tommy Lee left for a while and an English promoter got them all back together for a supposed one last tour in 2004 but obv it went on another 11 years after that

All the rumours of a reunion happening and 2020 tour with Def Leppard and Poison

There sure to find a loophole in that 2015 no tour contract if needed

Why can't they just leave it how it ended. Besides Vince is long past it, as Michael from Steel Panther jokingly pointed out.

Why can't they just leave it how it ended. Besides Vince is long past it, as Michael from Steel Panther jokingly pointed out.

nostalgia and the fools will come out and pay for it. Killer line up

No doubt netflix's The Dirt helped them to consider coming back but i do agree it ended well and this comeback will make a mockery of the legal contract they all signed. $$$ talks and if they all agreed they wanted to comeback then 'contract void'

Would Mick Mars be able to go back to extensive touring ??

Well I guess Nikki's a hypocrite...
    There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it [...] And if we did agree, the way we’ve set it up we’d have so much egg on our face.

Reckon they will milk the **** out of this tour/tours

Hopefully a date here at some point but reckon only this super tour with Leppard and poison in the states for the time being

• Advertisement
Advertisement