Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motley Crue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

Thought the movie was poor tbh. It told the story but the acting was terrible and therefore was difficult to believe in those characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Thought the movie was poor tbh. It told the story but the acting was terrible and therefore was difficult to believe in those characters.

As a fan since shout at the devil i agree. It was really poor, tommy's character was the best in it but they just never had any depth to any storyline.

If a decent producer had got at it maybe it could have lived up to the truth a bit more, shown us the real people a bit more.

The vince neill actor was not good. or at least what he was directed and scripted to do wasn't to be fair to him.

Ah sure it's a few more bob in for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So on the back of The Dirt premiering on Netflix recently, the band's music has been experiencing a feelgood factor with sales & streams.
    There’s been a spike of activity in sales and streams of the Crue’s material, with a reported 570% stream increase on Spotify, a 900% stream increase on Apple Music and 669% on Deezer, while downloads on iTunes have grown by a whopping 2027%.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So on the back of The Dirt premiering on Netflix recently, the band's music has been experiencing a feelgood factor with sales & streams.

They will prob find a loop hole in the touring contract and go back on the road too make more $$$ unlikely but this is the crue

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They will prob find a loop hole in the touring contract and go back on the road too make more $$$ unlikely but this is the crue

I doubt it. It's been 5 years since they signed that contract, if they had wanted to find a loophole, they'd have found it by now. I'm actually glad they announced their Farewell and are sticking to their guns.

• Advertisement

I doubt it. It's been 5 years since they signed that contract, if they had wanted to find a loophole, they'd have found it by now. I'm actually glad they announced their Farewell and are sticking to their guns.

They could tour as
    Sixx and friends or Christmas

Add in a new member and call it a supergroup

^^ I just don't see the point of the above, they didn't wanna continue touring, so they called it quits when they felt they wanted to call it quits, respect their decision and just leave it be.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

With Neil's vocals being shot and Mars back issues i cant see them going back on tour

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

With Neil's vocals being shot and Mars back issues i cant see them going back on tour

As the only other person in the world with the same back condition as mick, I resent that! Go míck!

As the only other person in the world with the same back condition as mick, I resent that! Go míck!

the mans amazing and one of the greats of rock music

Pretty underated imo same can be siad for Crue as a whole

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah no, afraid not, as I'm lumbered with AS too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Finally watched it, it was a terrible disappointment. So rushed with so little cohesion and as was said the acting lacked any depth.
    Book remains solid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

I actually liked the film to be honest. I thought the actors really nailed it especially machine gun kelly as Tommy.

I bought the book when it came out and it was a great read, held little back. You got a real sense of the hedonistic 80s -early 90s glam metal vibe.

Speaking of metal - Ireland seems to have lost it's metal-love. I moved home from Finland where everyone plus your granny is a metalhead. Arrived to a country of makes with that truly awful haircut shaved up the back and sides with hair on top. Godawful. And teamed with tracksuit bottoms. Shame.

i was wonder was the movie a true reflection on Mick Mars in terms of women/family etc ???. He prob kept his private life quite compared too the rest of the band. He did drink too excess i imagine like the rest of the band

if anyone can find it Motley Crue behind the music remasterd is a good watch and gives a brief overview off the later years up too 2012/13. Tommy Lee left for a while and an English promoter got them all back together for a supposed one last tour in 2004 but obv it went on another 11 years after that

All the rumours of a reunion happening and 2020 tour with Def Leppard and Poison

There sure to find a loophole in that 2015 no tour contract if needed

Why can't they just leave it how it ended. Besides Vince is long past it, as Michael from Steel Panther jokingly pointed out.

Why can't they just leave it how it ended. Besides Vince is long past it, as Michael from Steel Panther jokingly pointed out.

nostalgia and the fools will come out and pay for it. Killer line up

No doubt netflix's The Dirt helped them to consider coming back but i do agree it ended well and this comeback will make a mockery of the legal contract they all signed. $$$ talks and if they all agreed they wanted to comeback then 'contract void'

Would Mick Mars be able to go back to extensive touring ??

Well I guess Nikki's a hypocrite...
    There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it [...] And if we did agree, the way we’ve set it up we’d have so much egg on our face.

Reckon they will milk the **** out of this tour/tours

Hopefully a date here at some point but reckon only this super tour with Leppard and poison in the states for the time being

• Advertisement

I imagine this super tour with Def Leppard and Poison will be North America only and wont venture over this side of the world

Not a hope of this coming here but could see it possibly been in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Def Leppard are much bigger outfit in the UK than Motley regardless of a comeback.

Def Leppard are much bigger outfit in the UK than Motley regardless of a comeback.

I wonder who will actually be the headliners for this crue or leppard ?

80s rock alive in 2020 jesus ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I wonder who will actually be the headliners for this crue or leppard ?

Crue in the US clearly, This won't be hitting stadiums in Europe.

Crue in the US clearly, This won't be hitting stadiums in Europe.

Pity it won't hit Europe but If all hell doesn't break losses in the motley camp they might return to Europe someday

Reckon they can act like they like each other on stage and then do little talking or hanging out of it

watching 'The End' blu ray now and by god you have to feel sorry for some of the fans they interviewed at the start. Some had tatoos with the 31st Dec 2015 RIP Crue etc. Not forgetting the people who paid $1000s for the meet & greets on that tour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

you have to feel sorry for some of the fans they interviewed at the start. Some had tattoos with the 31st Dec 2015 RIP Crue etc.

I don't .... seriously, if you're expecting artistic integrity from Motley fcukin Crue you get what you deserve

I wonder is the return just for this upcoming tour and then they will disband again or are they back for good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I wonder is the return just for this upcoming tour and then they will disband again or are they back for good

Just until they run out of money again

Advertisement