Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[SIGN UP] - Werewolf Sherlock - Start Date 16/09/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

quickbeam wrote: »
    In other news, one thing me and the mods noticed from the last game was that the main thread was quite slow to get going with chatter. We deliberately didn't release it early as we wanted chat to happen around the detailed OP we'd left and we thought by releasing it early all the chatter would dry up too soon. But even releasing it on Sunday (albeit early in the day), we still found the chatter slow, and we put that down to everyone having a backroom. Any questions that might have been posed on-thread under normal circumstances, were being posed in the backroom instead, and that left the thread itself a lot quieter. That's maybe no bad thing in itself as too many posts can be off-putting, and I still like the idea of giving backrooms to all. But just something for the next mods up to maybe take in to account before deciding if to give backrooms to all / and if to release OP early or not.

IIRC the SK game was still a high posting game though wasn't it? I for one was happy enough with the slow posting for the first day or 2. It's always daunting to face a thread with 500 posts in it from day one. You're always stuck between 'oh **** do I read everything in case there was something important in there' or '****it it's all gonna be fluff and nonsense anyway so I'll just skip it and join in at 10am on day 1'.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    I think that's a side effect of giving nearly everybody a role that they need to protect. If you have tons of NRVs, they drive the chatter in day0 and the roles blend into that chatter to increase post count. Lack of NRVs, lack of chatter. IMHO

Good point actually. In fact on day 0 of the last game it was the wolves primarily driving the chatter on a read back, which was a nice change.

But yeah, as NRV... ah I'll leave it there - when do I EVER stay quiet :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    IIRC the SK game was still a high posting game though wasn't it? I for one was happy enough with the slow posting for the first day or 2. It's always daunting to face a thread with 500 posts in it from day one. You're always stuck between 'oh **** do I read everything in case there was something important in there' or '****it it's all gonna be fluff and nonsense anyway so I'll just skip it and join in at 10am on day 1'.

Stephen King game was quiet enough up until about lynch time of day 2.

There were then almost 2.5k posts in the next 48hrs.

It literally exploded.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Yes, ended up one of the largest games (but also the longest, so not sure where on the days/posts ratio where it'd stand), but the first day or two we were conscious of people not talking much. Agree though, it's not *necessarily* a bad thing to have a slow start.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote:
    A bit of bad luck?

But that's not luck. Those were all calculated decisions by whomever captured a wolf. People knew what to look for and it paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pter wrote: »
    Is it just me or is being a wolf getting harder? I feel like wolves are getting spotted more and more regularly during the last few games. Not always the full team of wolves, but we are all very sharp at seeing wolfy tells.

I think playing as a wolf definitely has, but the standard is way higher for them too, like average wolf play gets spotted immediately, but the likes of Lordy, sK and Guff can coast for days under little pressure.

The first 10 games went 7-3 village, the next went 3-7, and then 4-6 so we actually have more wolf wins overall, and 13 of the last 20 going evil.

That's counting the Mogwai win too, but its majority either way.

Pter wrote: »
    But that's not luck. Those were all calculated decisions by whomever captured a wolf. People knew what to look for and it paid off.

Sometimes yeah ('specially in the case of P*), but not always. SK wasn't wolf-hunting when he offed Sully. ALC wasn't wolf-hunting when he peeked Lordy.

quickbeam wrote:
    Sometimes yeah ('specially in the case of P*), but not always. SK wasn't wolf-hunting when he offed Sully. ALC wasn't wolf-hunting when he peeked Lordy.

No but they suspected they were good targets to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I was pretty surprised how quickly we got picked apart in the SK game. I was sure we'd stayed apart then suddenly all these threads start being pulled at...

fixxxer wrote: »
    I was pretty surprised how quickly we got picked apart in the SK game. I was sure we'd stayed apart then suddenly all these threads start being pulled at...

In the end, I was concerned the voting blocks would get you, as Rikand kind of proved.

Most nights ye voted all on the one person, or one or two off on counter wagons and once the numbers dwindled if someone looked at the votes I reckoned ye might be caught that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Going to have to pass on this game, I'm afraid - though the theme is really tempting

I might ask for DR access during the week if I have the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

4.days_.850.560.jpg?fit=679%2C447&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Feck it, stick me down. Was supposed to be at a conference next week and it has been cancelled. If no room then I'll hop on the bench

duffman13 wrote: »
    Feck it, stick me down. Was supposed to be at a conference next week and it has been cancelled. If no room then I'll hop on the bench

There's room

Welcome aboard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I'm busy enough with work next week so if ya have enough subs feel free to bump me off.
    Should be able to contribute in some sporadic form if ye are tight on numbers.

I'm busy enough with work next week so if ya have enough subs feel free to bump me off.
    Should be able to contribute in some sporadic form if ye are tight on numbers.

No worries Cbg, Would you like to go on the sub's bench or dead room access?

andy125 wrote: »
    No worries Cbg, Would you like to go on the sub's bench or dead room access?
    Ya can stick me on the sub bench please but like I said if ya are tight on numbers I can play but would be doing a lot of catch ups in late evenings.

Ya can stick me on the sub bench please but like I said if ya are tight on numbers I can play but would be doing a lot of catch ups in late evenings.

Wolf.

If you think you can make 5 posts a day I see no problem. We should be ok with the numbers so its your decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Don't forget to mention Jello in the OP, that's a fan favourite :p

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Don't forget to mention Jello in the OP, that's a fan favourite :p

And 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

And 19.

Quickbeam is ONE word with NINE letters

ONE and NINE

ONE NINE

I rest my case.

There is one f in fixxxer.

ix means 9 in Roman numerals.

1 9

If you think you can make 5 posts a day I see no problem. We should be ok with the numbers so its your decision
    Ah yeah I'll make the 5 posts/day minimum but just wanted to give ya a heads up that I would probably be at the lower scale of active participants in case ya had others who were looking to play instead and I was blocking up a spot for them.

Ah yeah I'll make the 5 posts/day minimum but just wanted to give ya a heads up that I would probably be at the lower scale of active participants in case ya had others who were looking to play instead and I was blocking up a spot for them.

Not at all, your in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Why did it target Lord? He had him as a roled player on the 26th at 14-16
    And Id him as a wolf the night he targeted him
    I don’t think that was lunck I’m 50% sure that suebhad spoted hin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I don’t have time to play my usuals posts self but if you are happy with a single figure post count then I’ll play cos it’s you :)

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I don’t have time to play my usuals posts self but if you are happy with a single figure post count then I’ll play cos it’s you :)

Good to have you aboard :)

• Advertisement

Jack Moore wrote: »

*Coughs* I'll try and make up for that ;)

Advertisement