Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

[SIGN UP] - Werewolf Sherlock - Start Date 16/09/18

1356

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ andy125


    Could do with another 4 or 5 players to complete sign up, if you guys/gals know anyone that might be interested send them this way please


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭ quickbeam


    I'll play a second time if it helps???


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ andy125


    quickbeam wrote: »
    I'll play a second time if it helps???

    You wanna be all the wolves?


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭ quickbeam


    If you like. I'm here to be of assistance! :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭ Mollyb60


    Guys if ye're really stuck for numbers you can stick me back in. Only if ye're really stuck though!


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    beakerjoe wrote: »
    I loved being the Seer in the Back to the Future game. The reveal buzz was twice as tense as a wolf revealed at the same time.

    Seer was my fave role too actually in the Vanillarama game. Sense of unbridled joy in peeking a wolf was epic.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭ quickbeam


    I would have made a fantastic seer .... If Lordy didn't try and shoot me and all.


    #stillnotforgiven


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Guys if ye're really stuck for numbers you can stick me back in. Only if ye're really stuck though!

    You forgot your regular request :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭ kitten_k


    Will we be having an early OP?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭ Mollyb60


    Necrominus wrote: »
    You forgot your regular request :pac:

    Well it goes without saying that unless you want mayhem on the thread I NEED a backroom.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ andy125


    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Guys if ye're really stuck for numbers you can stick me back in. Only if ye're really stuck though!

    We don't want you to lose your job Molly!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭ Mollyb60


    andy125 wrote: »
    We don't want you to lose your job Molly!

    I can manage. :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ andy125


    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I can manage. :)

    OK your in :o


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ andy125


    kitten_k wrote: »
    Will we be having an early OP?


    How early is early?


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    Friday/Saturday OP?


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    andy125 wrote: »
    We don't want you to lose your job Molly!

    Why not? She can play more Werewolf then. (Just kidding)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ andy125


    Will have yo run it by my esteemed colleagues


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭ kitten_k


    andy125 wrote: »
    How early is early?

    giphy.gif


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    Ah lads, its happening this weekend which is early, Id prefer to wait until Sunday


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭ sKeith


    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah lads, its happening this weekend which is early, Id prefer to wait until Sunday


    showing the OP early does not start the game early, it just give the players time to understand the game.


    Last game, it seems like on day 4 , there were still players who played like they not read the OP.


    Releasing the OP early, removes all excuses for not reading the OP, as you have time to read and absorb the OP without pressure to have to jump straight into the game, as the thread is not open yet.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    That is my reasoning around preferring to post the OP early as well.

    Its up to each mod team, though.

    For clarity, I'd love to see the OP early, but dont want to start early at all! Just want to be able to think about the game and maybe ask any questions of the mods before i get my role / NRV / Fur.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    sKeith wrote: »
    showing the OP early does not start the game early, it just give the players time to understand the game.


    Last game, it seems like on day 4 , there were still players who played like they not read the OP.


    Releasing the OP early, removes all excuses for not reading the OP, as you have time to read and absorb the OP without pressure to have to jump straight into the game, as the thread is not open yet.

    But what excuses will my wolfy ass hide behind then?


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    Is it just me or is being a wolf getting harder? I feel like wolves are getting spotted more and more regularly during the last few games. Not always the full team of wolves, but we are all very sharp at seeing wolfy tells.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭ andy125


    Pter wrote: »
    Is it just me or is being a wolf getting harder? I feel like wolves are getting spotted more and more regularly during the last few games. Not always the full team of wolves, but we are all very sharp at seeing wolfy tells.

    There is definitely a much higher standard here of late, but that comes with experience and people will have more experience being on the good side than not


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    Pter wrote: »
    Is it just me or is being a wolf getting harder? I feel like wolves are getting spotted more and more regularly during the last few games. Not always the full team of wolves, but we are all very sharp at seeing wolfy tells.

    Wouldn't know :cool: Spent a solitary day as a wolf since the Community game.

    And I was shot there, so probably yeah.

    Standard is clearly improving though, just look at the King game for an example.

    Village only mislynched twice in the entire game which was quite amazing tbh.

    Jurassic Park game was similar, the wolves got battered from day 1.

    As andy said, wolves probably need to up their games now to match the experience of the village.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,578 ✭✭✭✭ Drumpot


    Pter wrote: »
    Is it just me or is being a wolf getting harder? I feel like wolves are getting spotted more and more regularly during the last few games. Not always the full team of wolves, but we are all very sharp at seeing wolfy tells.

    I have a unique set of skills that makes me sharp at seeing wolf tells from villagers . . . :pac:

    WealthySpitefulAsianconstablebutterfly-max-1mb.gif


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭ quickbeam


    Pter wrote: »
    Is it just me or is being a wolf getting harder? I feel like wolves are getting spotted more and more regularly during the last few games. Not always the full team of wolves, but we are all very sharp at seeing wolfy tells.

    A bit of bad luck? Lordy (Gertrude) was well hidden last game and was only peeked, not because ALC suspected she was a wolf, but because he suspected a good villager and wanted it confirmed. Also, while there had been some heat on the other wolves up to then they might have brushed off accusations if it wasn't for P* (Abigail) coming in like a storm and shaking things up.

    In the previous game Sully (Conor) was unlucky to have been munched by a SK, and Molly (Ewan) was walking it as a villager until the CFD on her on Day 1.

    Previous to that, in the Eastenders game, that alignment of starts that brought several key players out in the middle of the night resulting in three wolves being caught was fairly bad luck too.

    ... after that and my head gets fuzzy about the particulars. When was the last wolf win? They'd a good run of it, IIRC late last year / early this year??




    In other news, one thing me and the mods noticed from the last game was that the main thread was quite slow to get going with chatter. We deliberately didn't release it early as we wanted chat to happen around the detailed OP we'd left and we thought by releasing it early all the chatter would dry up too soon. But even releasing it on Sunday (albeit early in the day), we still found the chatter slow, and we put that down to everyone having a backroom. Any questions that might have been posed on-thread under normal circumstances, were being posed in the backroom instead, and that left the thread itself a lot quieter. That's maybe no bad thing in itself as too many posts can be off-putting, and I still like the idea of giving backrooms to all. But just something for the next mods up to maybe take in to account before deciding if to give backrooms to all / and if to release OP early or not.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    sKeith wrote: »
    Last game, it seems like on day 4 , there were still players who played like they not read the OP.

    I don't disagree with any of your statement at all, but this is a regular thing regardless of the OP being released early. :pac:

    You could have it out there for a month prior to a game and people would still read it incorrectly or not at all.

    Worse again when they don't read their own bloody PM with extra info included :pac::pac:


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭ quickbeam


    Necrominus wrote: »
    Worse again when they don't read their own bloody PM with extra info included :pac::pac:

    Wonder who you could be thinking of???? :P


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭ sKeith


    quickbeam wrote: »
    In other news, one thing me and the mods noticed from the last game was that the main thread was quite slow to get going with chatter. We deliberately didn't release it early as we wanted chat to happen around the detailed OP we'd left and we thought by releasing it early all the chatter would dry up too soon. But even releasing it on Sunday (albeit early in the day), we still found the chatter slow, and we put that down to everyone having a backroom. Any questions that might have been posed on-thread under normal circumstances, were being posed in the backroom instead, and that left the thread itself a lot quieter. That's maybe no bad thing in itself as too many posts can be off-putting, and I still like the idea of giving backrooms to all. But just something for the next mods up to maybe take in to account before deciding if to give backrooms to all / and if to release OP early or not.


    I think that's a side effect of giving nearly everybody a role that they need to protect. If you have tons of NRVs, they drive the chatter in day0 and the roles blend into that chatter to increase post count. Lack of NRVs, lack of chatter. IMHO


Advertisement