Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW5 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’m thinking Lacazette in ! He will prob back on bench then!

He's back in on my WC draft. Gave up on him last week :( Think he has to start now though... maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Fell just outside top 500k last night.

Team is

Ederson (fodder)

Alonso TAA PVA (WBA Peltier)

Salah Moura Mhiki Pedro (Sessengon)

Aguero Firmino (Kamara)

Looking to move on PVA, Peltier and Sessengon

Question marks over Mhiki and maybe Firmino too.

. 4 ITB.

Should I wildcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,007 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you're a brave man if you go for Lacazette. it could be golden, but you'll be shing it before every team sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Do we think Mkhi was rotated or dropped? Or rotated but maybe now dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Have triple Arsenal in my squad. Probably want to get rid of all of them and have 2 FTs.

Could go
    Monreal -> Holebas
    Mkhi -> Maddison
    Auba -> Kane

Or

Monreal -> Trippier / Robertson
    Mkhi -> Maddison
    Auba -> Lukaku

For now I think I'll just go Mkhi-> Maddison. Might leave Monreal for another GW and make the call on Auba if/when he looks like dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I intend on transferring out Daniels for Bennett but going to hold off for as long as possible in case of any injuries over the break.

He was at 97% last night, so I'm hoping that the only people transferring him in will be on WCs!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

S.M.B. wrote: »

It's not a good sign there is no need for rotation at this stage of the season as it's a game a week. What I would call rotation will kick in between this and next international break as the European games and domestic cup games kick in. What it says to me is that he doesn't view mkhi as one of his key players yet and is now a very risky pick. I think this can be applied to every team and player so far apart from city. Due to the wealth of options pep has and his switching between formations. Off the top of my head your thinking mkhi, Pedro, Davies and trippier you could file under risky pick . If salah misses a game in the next 4 I wouldn't class that as risky pick that's would I would call rotation due to a busy schedule.

who knows.

I suspect Emery is still working out how his team works best. it's quite obvious the team is struggling with the balance between attack and defence.

the fact is, he's not nailed on. he seemed like he was, but with a win at the weekend, Lacazette and Auba scoring (Auba from his wide position too), and Ozil playing decently in the middle, Mkhi is definitely not rotation proof, and i'd say he'll start on the bench next week. Emery simply can't put Lacazette on the bench next week. they also didn't bring Mkhi on at any point when they needed a goal.

until Arsenal's midfield and attack is settled, Auba and maybe Ramsey might be your only nailed on attacking players in there long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Off the top of my head your thinking mkhi, Pedro, Davies and trippier you could file under risky pick . If salah misses a game in the next 4 I wouldn't class that as risky pick that's would I would call rotation due to a busy schedule.

Yes. But Pedro scoring the winning goal after coming in is a great sign sent to Sarri and also for us ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did Ozil play in the middle? From what I could tell he mainly played on the right with PEA on the left and Ramsey in the middle?

• Advertisement

Did Ozil play in the middle? From what I could tell he mainly played on the right with PEA on the left and Ramsey in the middle?

2nd half he moved more central.

For those looking to rid themselves of Salah.

https://twitter.com/ahopcroft13/status/1036579425847005184?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

SlickRic wrote: »
    For those looking to rid themselves of Salah.

https://twitter.com/ahopcroft13/status/1036579425847005184?s=19

Might get Benteke in after seeing that 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Might get Benteke in after seeing that 😉

The problem with Benteke is that 3.3 shots per game go wide

iroced wrote: »
    Yes. But Pedro scoring the winning goal after coming in is a great sign sent to Sarri and also for us ;).

I've no problem with the odd rotation from Pedro. If I knew he would start every week I think Pedro is as good a pick as hazard he is a bigger goal threat than him. I reckon Pedro would be close to a goal every 2 games under sarri. Pedro nailed for the next game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Madison at 6.5 is my likely Walcott replacement, can never get him right so fit or not he is out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Screw it I'm doing my transfers now, don't have look at it for a few weeks then.

Miki, zaha, alli, tosun out
    Maddison, dsilva, lacazette Ings in
    -12 a bit mad but I think it will be better long term hopefully

Probably totally fail now :D

Leaves me a side of

Pickford
    Mendy Robertson holebas
    Dsilva Maddison hazard mane
    Aguero lacazette Ings

Speroni wan b Daniels Stephens

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Bilva --> Madison and TAA to Trippier thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s the thoughts on whether Lacazzette will hold onto his place now?

Green&Red wrote: »

From FFFix Weekend Summary

Added to that, he looked good in pre-season. I think he may be a rotation risk for bigger games.

1. The Arsenal striker conundrum

Arsenal are a team that has always been associated with scoring goals. Given his explosive start to life in the Premier League, big things were expected from Aubameyang under Emery. The Gabonese forward disappointed his backers, with no goals in his first three, but got on the scoresheet in gameweek four only to be eclipsed by his teammate Lacazette. The Frenchman scored on his first start of the season and also provided an assist. As the heatmapcomparison shows, Lacazette has had just one less shot than Aubamayeng in fewer minutes and has a far more impressive defensive, attacking and distribution radar which could indicate that he may be a vital part of Emery’s plans going forward. The Frenchman represents a shrewd buy at a price of 9.4, with Arsenal projected to score the most goals (13.12) after Man. City (15.80) across the next six games via our Fix Algorithm.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »

From what I’ve seen it would be madness to drop him but that’s only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

PARlance wrote: »
    From FFFix Weekend Summary

Added to that, he looked good in pre-season. I think he may be a rotation risk for bigger games.

1. The Arsenal striker conundrum

Arsenal are a team that has always been associated with scoring goals. Given his explosive start to life in the Premier League, big things were expected from Aubameyang under Emery. The Gabonese forward disappointed his backers, with no goals in his first three, but got on the scoresheet in gameweek four only to be eclipsed by his teammate Lacazette. The Frenchman scored on his first start of the season and also provided an assist. As the heatmapcomparison shows, Lacazette has had just one less shot than Aubamayeng in fewer minutes and has a far more impressive defensive, attacking and distribution radar which could indicate that he may be a vital part of Emery’s plans going forward. The Frenchman represents a shrewd buy at a price of 9.4, with Arsenal projected to score the most goals (13.12) after Man. City (15.80) across the next six games via our Fix Algorithm.

Totally agree. I'm surprised he isn't in more wildcard teams. He's in mine.

SkySter wrote: »
    Totally agree. I'm surprised he isn't in more wildcard teams. He's in mine.

Plenty of good mid range alternatives out there so not exactly surprised he's not in more... but he's in mine :)

it would be madness to drop him, but there is no way he will play every game. that is the reason he's not in everyone's team.

now, you'd imagine that he'd be starting for this 'easy' run, but it's tough to pull the trigger on a 9.5 player who it doesn't seem is nailed. i mean, we all get stressed about Aguero, and the stats tell us quite plainly that he's one of the first names on the Pep teamsheet, and has been since early last season. he's barely ever rotated.

if we can't handle that, i don't know how we'd handle Laca stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisa.J.Kelly

Do you think it is too risky to go without Salah for few gameweeks? I know his stats are good but he just seems too expensive compared to mane and other heavy hitters.

Do you think it is too risky to go without Salah for few gameweeks? I know his stats are good but he just seems too expensive compared to mane and other heavy hitters.

it's risky. there's no logic in the world that suggests it's not risky. he's had a mountain of chances, plays in a heavy scoring team, and showed last season that fixtures don't really matter (bar the Utd games).

you're banking on him not hitting form soon, or the players you put instead making up the gap if he does start scoring. This is because he will remain in most teams, and will always be heavily captained, so if you don't have him, you're in a bind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisa.J.Kelly

yeah... I am hoping if having Hazard, Auba and more premium defence (Alonso, Mendy, Bellerin, Robertson) could net more points in long term. Not having Salah, just makes watching Liverpool games real torment to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

SlickRic wrote: »
    it would be madness to drop him, but there is no way he will play every game. that is the reason he's not in everyone's team.

now, you'd imagine that he'd be starting for this 'easy' run, but it's tough to pull the trigger on a 9.5 player who it doesn't seem is nailed. i mean, we all get stressed about Aguero, and the stats tell us quite plainly that he's one of the first names on the Pep teamsheet, and has been since early last season. he's barely ever rotated.

if we can't handle that, i don't know how we'd handle Laca stress.
    I've had one of my best starts ever and put it down to one novel piece of advice I read at the start of the season: stick to players that are the most important for their club. Avoiding the rotation risks like Laca, Mkhy, Man City mids, etc and sticking to players like Richarlison, Mitrovic etc has been a very valuable tactic so far. I'm completely jinxing it right now, but bar Pedro, I've never been so confident at 2pm on a Saturday that most of my players are gonna start:

Ederson
    Alonso Mendy Robertson
    Salah Mane Morrison Pedro
    Mitrovic Aguero Ings

Pedro is gonna be back to Richy as soon as the suspension is up.

In short: Less rotation risks the better.

I'd be fairly certain that what will happen with laca is he will get used at times in the Europa league as the CF to keep him sweet . In those weeks auba will be back to CF in the league to keep him sweet. I'd love an arsenal attacker but there are risks with them all.
    Auba is nailed but he is expensive and will play sometimes from the left.
    Laca will be rotated and I won't change my mind on that unless he starts the next 4-6 league games.
    Ozil misses a game every 6 or so weeks with knocks or illness.
    Ramsey is injury prone.
    Mkhi it seems will be rotated and is not one of emerys key men yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

As a Liverpool fan, I am tempted to take him out. If he doesnt score, my FF team doesnt suffer, if he scores , I am a happy Liverpool fan. Its kind of win - win!

Advertisement