Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do non dubs want to see Tyrone win? See warning post #219

Options
  • 29-08-2018 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Can’t seem to put in a poll on iPad? Anyway I don’t, I’d rather see Dublin win. I think it’s better if this Dublin team conquers GAA so that the changes that are needed are made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Don't you create these threads every year.

It's gobsmakingly tiring

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Like see Tyrone win it, but I admire this Dublin team. Something about them even if those last few minutes of keeping onto the ball is not pretty.

If Dubs do win I actually like see them do the 5.

But let's just get Sunday over with first.

Dublin by 6 points for me I'm afraid. Sorry Tyrone (but I get lot wrong ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭threeball

Can they both lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

The sooner Dublin win the 5 in a row in 2019 the better. We won't have to listen to Kerry folk, Spillane etc going on about their 4 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Id like to see tyrone win. Just because i like mickey harte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

It's like asking which would you prefer broken, your arm or your leg? I think I may still cheer for Tyrone but I might just go to the cinema or on a hike to avoid the **** show that it has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yes,oh yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

As a neutral i feel fairly muddled about this one.

I'd rather see Dublin win (prefer their style).

However - I'd rather see Tyrone win, than see Dublin win by 15 points. An easy win for Dublin would not bode well. The saving grace from previous championships was that while it was very unbalanced until semifinal stage, that in the semi and final we had some really good close contests. If Dublin win easily, then really will any neutrals be looking forward to next years championship.

Having said that - I'd rather any other county winning than Tyrone. But if they do, fair play to them - they would be the team that finally beat the Dubs on all Ireland final day. It would put Mickey Harte right up there with Micko.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Would love to see Dublin get the rewards for been one of the best teams I have ever seen they more than deserve to win without a shadow of a doubt the best team this year and have been the last three as well.
    That and I also hate Tyrone who built up a head of steam through the qualifiers the only team to ever be contesting an all Ireland final after getting beat twice.
    BTW did I mention I don’t like that shower:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Genuinely not arsed either ways if I'm being honest. As a Meath man I won't be behind Dublin, but I also find the chip on Tyrone's collective shoulder unbearable to put up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Not too bothered either way, but I think football needs a Tyrone win.
    A comprehensive Dublin win would see already flagging interest levels dip even further next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

TCM wrote: »
    The sooner Dublin win the 5 in a row in 2019 the better. We won't have to listen to Kerry folk, Spillane etc going on about their 4 in a row.

F**k that. I live in Dublin, they would be insufferable forever more if they do it.
    I'd love to see Kerry stop the 5 in a row next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

robbiezero wrote: »
    Not too bothered either way, but I think football needs a Tyrone win.

Not in Donegal it doesn’t.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

robbiezero wrote:
    Not too bothered either way

Breezy on the issue.
    robbiezero wrote:
    F**k that. I live in Dublin, they would be insufferable forever more if they do it.

But mainly for the good of the game they shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I hope Dublin loses. If Tyrone win, it'll be on the radio for maybe a week. If Dublin win, it'll still be on the radio when I come back to Ireland in a months time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭doc_17

No. Dublin all the way. Despite all that’s handed to Dublin every year I think the diving and embellishing of the slightest contact that Tyrone engage in needs to be stamped out and give no encouragement.

What until the first Dublin “foul” on Sunday....Physio will be on checking for concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

As a Meath man can't believe I'm hoping Dublin win a match.

As already said very hard to have time for Tyrone, the diving, the constant roaring and shouting in opponents faces and Mickey Harte with his self righteous way about him, rattling the rosary beads even though he has built one of the nastiest, most cynical brand of football teams going.
    The black card was invented because of Tyrone ffs, also it is funny now that lads like Sean Kavanagh are no longer involved with the team are coming out and criticizing Harte.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Passing interest in the result but that’s all, suppose I’d like to see an Ulster team win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

TCM wrote: »

The parallels between the two teams is frightening

Stroll out of a weak province, win two games to win AI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Don't think any neutrals could give two. The football has been so bad this year. No close games at all. 10+ point victories all over the place. Not even sure if I'll watch it

In saying that the dubs are fantastic. A pure machine of talent and could hit 5/6/7/8 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

As a Meath man can't believe I'm hoping Dublin win a match.

As already said very hard to have time for Tyrone, the diving, the constant roaring and shouting in opponents faces and Mickey Harte with his self righteous way about him, rattling the rosary beads even though he has built one of the nastiest, most cynical brand of football teams going.
    The black card was invented because of Tyrone ffs, also it is funny now that lads like Sean Kavanagh are no longer involved with the team are coming out and criticizing Harte.
    This more or less my own thoughts on the game.
    For one match only it's "Up the Dubs".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Of course I do. I don't know of anyone who doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Id like to see tyrone win. Just because i like mickey harte

I'm the opposite. Can't stand Mickey Harte so supporting Dubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'd probably want Dublin to win anyway but I notice a lot of people who are normally anti Dub supporting them this year as the less of two evils. Tyrone are a vile outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Tipp man signing in on the Dub's bandwagon. We have played them a few times in recent years and they are just not a nice bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Hope Dublin annihilate them,and as for St Mickey of Omagh,not alone does he run Tyrone gaa,but he thinks he's in charge of everything nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Yeah, I think for the sake of my blood pressure I would be best avoiding the rest of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lot of Love for Tyrone here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

panda100 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. Can't stand Mickey Harte so supporting Dubs

very nice fella mickey is. amazing you can hate someone you dont know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement