Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

So who's going to see the Pope?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ Hitman3000

Evidence?

Francie accusing the Chilean abuse victims of slander against a bishop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭ Sycamore Tree

Evidence?

When we learned the pope was not familiar with Magdalene Laundries or Industrial schools when he met abuse survivors.

This was 4 days ago. Did you forget?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ PlentyOhToole

When we learned the pope was not familiar with Magdalene Laundries or Industrial schools when he met abuse survivors.

and that proves what, exactly, against Pope Francis?

and that proves what, exactly, against Pope Francis?

That as suggested, he sticks his head in the sand.

Hitman3000 wrote: »

no it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,266 ✭✭✭✭ FrancieBrady

Not to forget that he failed completely to address the repeated cover-ups and attempts by the Vatican to directly interfere with justice, here in this country.

Not to forget that he failed completely to address the repeated cover-ups and attempts by the Vatican to directly interfere with justice, here in this country.

you haven't answered my question. Evidence?

thank-you for reaffirming the current question under discussion which of course is completely OT anyway but most of the posts in this thread are also.

So, How is Pope Francis sticking his head into the sand?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,276 ✭✭✭✭ vicwatson

Did the pope stay in the papal nuncios gaf on sat night?

• Advertisement

So, How is Pope Francis sticking his head into the sand?

Similar to what you are doing when answered. ; )

Similar to what you are doing when answered. ; )

you seem to have lost your verbal diarrhoea- that's good.

eh, you're quoting one firewall link and eh the other one is about hearsay related to a Irish politician going back to 2004 but hey, if you'd like to consider this evidence, off you go.

I'm beginning to see what the real FrancieBrady is about now in his posts :)

:)

;)

And the Roman Catholic deflects. How typical.

There is no statute of limitations on this stuff. It has been happening for decades.

you seem to have lost your verbal diarrhoea- that's good.

Good one. Francis has been shown to be a liar at best. He had to back track after he accused sexual abuse survivors in Chile of slander. Claimed he only heard about the M and B homes last weekend yet met Philomena Lee couple of years ago. But hey you keep batting for the church. Must be hard though when everyone knows the abuse and cover ups they engaged in.

Good one. Francis has been shown to be a liar at best. He had to back track after he accused sexual abuse survivors in Chile of slander. Claimed he only heard about the M and B homes last weekend yet met Philomena Lee couple of years ago. But hey you keep batting for the church. Must be hard though when everyone knows the abuse and cover ups they engaged in.

you're changing the topic of conversation- which I know, in this unmoderated thread is unusual. But there ya go!

The topic at hand is:

Pope Francis places his head "in the sand".

Care to comment- with evidence?

you're changing the topic of conversation- which I know, in this unmoderated thread is unusual. But there ya go!

The topic at hand is:

Pope Francis places his head "in the sand".

It is all out there Plenty. Maybe of you sibscribed to something other than the Irish Catholic you would know this stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12222612

And the Roman Catholic deflects. How typical.

There is no statute of limitations on this stuff. It has been happening for decades.

Actually, around the 1940's to be precise. But I won't argue with you on this thread. You'll have to join me on the Christianity forum and educate yourself a little more- feel up to doing that?

But that's a different conversation, and completely off topic on this thread.

It is all out there Plenty. Maybe of you sibscribed to something other than the Irish Catholic you would know this stuff.

Sorry now, can you please, in the spirit of some kind of thing that resembles a "debate" actually quote the relevant text you provide- as opposed to just lambaste me with link after link? And tell me why it is relevant to the discussion at hand?

Any evidence provided to you, is simply ignored. So some advice I got years ago I will employ now. "Never argue with a fool, lest onlookers can't tell ye apart". Keep up the deflection.... I mean good fight.

• Advertisement

Any evidence provided to you, is simply ignored. So some advice I got years ago I will employ now. "Never argue with a fool, lest onlookers can't tell ye apart". Keep up the deflection.... I mean good fight.

well I haven't been presented with any evidence since I started posting here, not 1/2 hour ago. But hey, you believe what you want to and rant away. isn't this what After Hours forum is all about?

Sorry now, can you please, in the spirit of some kind of thing that resembles a "debate" actually quote the relevant text you provide- as opposed to just lambaste me with link after link? And tell me why it is relevant to the discussion at hand?

you're quoting an article from 2011 relating to something that took place in 1997.

Like I said, the topic under current discussion, according to your good self, is "How is Pope Francis sticking his head into the sand" - in relation to the topic at hand.

you're quoting an article from 2011 relating to something that took place in 1997.

Like I said, the topic under current discussion, according to your good self, is "How is Pope Francis sticking his head into the sand" - in relation to the topic at hand.

This is not an issue?

Maybe not for a protective RC like yourself, but it is the reason this church will be pursued all over the world.

This is not an issue?

Maybe not for a protective RC like yourself, but it is the reason this church will be pursued all over the world.

You see, that's the sort of post that have got people, good people, banned from this thread.

I won't rise to your flaming, or whatever it's called.

Instead, I'll simply ask you the same question until you're blue in the face - just like you've done, in you're own way;)

So, FrancieBrady, what proof do you have that Pope Francis has stuck his head into the olde sand?

The main man, Francis himself, is a prime example of that.

And FrancieBrady- here's you're own quote just in case anyone missed it.

And that FrancieBrady, was related to this post- which you bolded:

Originally Posted by Sycamore Tree View Post
    When the messenger provides the evidence, they go silent and stick their heads in the sand. I think they believe ignoring the problem will make it go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,276 ✭✭✭✭ vicwatson

As usual these threads end up turning into a two/three person argument

Boring boring boring

And FrancieBrady- here's you're own quote just in case anyone missed it.

And that FrancieBrady, was related to this post- which you bolded:

Originally Posted by Sycamore Tree View Post
    When the messenger provides the evidence, they go silent and stick their heads in the sand. I think they believe ignoring the problem will make it go away.

When the messenger provides the evidence, they go silent

So, who's going to see the Pope?

erm. shouldn't this thread be closed now since the Pope has visited?

Think I'll report my own post.Bad Poster, Bad.

Or maybe look back to see if three's a similar thread back in 1979 and resurrect that one :pac:

• Advertisement

So, who's going to see the Pope?

erm. shouldn't this thread be closed now since the Pope has visited?

Think I'll report my own post.Bad Poster, Bad.

Or maybe look back to see if three's a similar thread back in 1979 and resurrect that one :pac:

Quick Plenty, The Quiet Man is just starting on RTE.

* Ooops, sorry, it's The Pope's Visit To Ireland.

Advertisement