Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've no problems getting into TDM or Prop Hunt games, the other mode can take a bit of waiting.

TDM is all I’d want. Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Remember IW was the "popular thing" to hate on? I remember..... now it's praised a lot especially by Reddit.

https://twitter.com/ParaLarek/status/1030374385750822913

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well I thought it was a great game and that isn't a recent thing. As I said on another post the graphics are really great no frames perfect ttk. Compared to the re-hashed Black Ops 3.5 with graphics that look like they are off a last gen console inconsistent frame rate.
    This gives me hope that next year's game will be great

Well I thought it was a great game and that isn't a recent thing. As I said on another post the graphics are really great no frames perfect ttk. Compared to the re-hashed Black Ops 3.5 with graphics that look like they are off a last gen console inconsistent frame rate.
    This gives me hope that next year's game will be great

I highly likely expect the community (not you guys specifically) to be the same with BO4 and then MW4, rubbish, dead game during its prime then when its season is over, praise the hell out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I adored AW and IW, and found them immensely better than any of the BlOps. AW was near perfection imo, I don't think I ever had a bad time playing it. It ran perfectly, the maps were good, and skill counted over OP weapons. Same with IW, excellently well made, and visually stunning. I never got the love of BlOps over MW or any other CoD (except Ghosts, which should never have happened). What is it about the BlOps series people love?

I actually hope we get an AW 2 at some stage, or maybe UW if IW is a follow up to AW (A-e-I-o-U?). But that won't happen. The mass have spoken and they don't know what they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I adored AW and IW, and found them immensely better than any of the BlOps. AW was near perfection imo, I don't think I ever had a bad time playing it. It ran perfectly, the maps were good, and skill counted over OP weapons. Same with IW, excellently well made, and visually stunning. I never got the love of BlOps over MW or any other CoD (except Ghosts, which should never have happened). What is it about the BlOps series people love?

I actually hope we get an AW 2 at some stage, or maybe UW if IW is a follow up to AW (A-e-I-o-U?). But that won't happen. The mass have spoken and they don't know what they want.

I loved AW as well don’t really understand why the hate. Think it was first cod I master prestiged and also completed gold on every weapon.

AW I did not play at all, can't remember why, so I can't form an opinion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

AW was the first proper futuristic CoD, and people dismissed it for that reason alone. Shame, was definitely one of the better CoDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

AW was the first proper futuristic CoD, and people dismissed it for that reason alone. Shame, was definitely one of the better CoDs.

Think I might download it and have another go at it. That’s if there is anyone in the lobbies to get a game anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I loved advanced warfare, great maps (a lot of them were designed by Dr Disrespect) brilliant weapons loved the fast movement and played it to master Prestige as well.
    The only downside is that it introduced the paid supply drop system.
    But overall a great game.
    IW is also a great game that was launched at the wrong time. Fans were fed up with two advanced movement games but it was too far into development stop. It had a rough start but they fixed a lot of the issues with it and I actually preferred it to Black Ops3.
    And no I won't be fawning over Black Ops4 in 2 years time as I really don't like it.
    MW4 only has to be Ghosts with better maps and I'll love it :D

• Advertisement

And no I won't be fawning over Black Ops4 in 2 years time as I really don't like it.

Like I said, not specifically you guys, that's just the cycle of the COD community I've seen (as a whole). I don't expect you's to at all.

Infinite Warfare was stupidly hated, it never deserved the hate it got. I can say that because unlike AW, I actually played it. It was fun. It was good crack, loved some of the small features like the map loading, player collision (which looks like BO4 won't take advice from going by gameplay) etc. Once I'm completed the triple play in BO3 and don't get a "nostalgia" type weapon, think I'll play IW for the next two months.

I remember when Black Ops 2 was hated too before AW, now it's highly praised.....

I hope the cycle of hating a COD game during its prime and then love it when a new one comes out will be broken especially with the rumoured MW4. I liked the MW series although MW and MWR grenades annoy the crap out of me! :p

In terms of BO4, well after the Black Ops Pass was revealed (and then DLC 6 in BO3 as a preorder bonus digitally for PS4 only), I instantly lost interest in the MP after what the rumours were going around saying. Time to kill looks painfully slow and it seems to be getting slower every year like IW was the slowest of all time and WW2 is not particularly fast either. I hope this does not continue - my personal preference is medium time to kill, not very slow or really fast/melty. The maps look very mediocre (though Hacienda looks cool) and forgettable. Fog of War looks to destroy the idea of stealth flanking. I'll have to give it an attempt for myself on release and make an actual opinion because this is only based on gameplay I've seen.

Advertisement