Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Yeh i never really complained before. What i do is i get up go out amd work for a living. I have a little job on the side also for an extra bit of cash so i can afford some therapies etc.

This has sickened to the point of emailing my local td's, shinners reps people before profit etc and telling them not to come near my door again that their a shower of enabling parasites themselves.

A pathetic little country where scrote and parasites reign supreme.

Lenient sentences for habitual offenders and free houses as long as you dont work.

A banana republic.

if you decided to scrounge, you probably would get more help that you need towards your kid. Its almost like you are punished for actually contributing.

Were it not for your decency, pride, work ethic etc you could rape the system as well as it seems doing that is acceptable to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I recall that Pavee Point are in favour of ending 16 and 17 year olds being able to marry. So a small step but in the right direction I think.

A lot done, more to do from that crowd.

Who funds them? There's your answer.

Pity they don't comment on the criminal/drug dealing/wife beaters/controllers/animal cruelty/sulkie racing members of their ethnic community.

I could add freeloaders, but in the interests of the thread, that is being dicussed already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

if you decided to scrounge, you probably would get more help that you need towards your kid. Its almost like you are punished for actually contributing.

Were it not for your decency, pride, work ethic etc you could rape the system as well as it seems doing that is acceptable to some.

When will the tide turn though and the actual workers say enough is enough.

Rte are disgusting too after that debacle.

Thats your license fee folks.

Take a bow Miriam.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Melendez wrote:

actually howling at this
    Melendez : hello can I speak to a guard please I've something to report .
    Guard : Yes , what can I do for you?
    Melendez : people are giving out on the internet about a lazy , non contributing , scrounging leech online and I don't like it .
    Guard : would that be Ms Cash?
    Melendez : yes guard that's it ! . hello ....hello .... did you just hang up on me ??

Give it up ,your defence of her and how you feel she is being treated is mind boggling to say the least .

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »

Oh so you dont have an issue with my posts then, its the posts of others who you claimed "vilified" her.
    This leads to what your interpretation of vilifying is, as people are entitled to comment on if they believe she is a scrounger, entitled to highlight she is a criminal, mention how she snubbed previous accommodation etc.

Thats called opinion, and people are entitled to that.
    No one is wishing her dead, or harm or to her kids, its her manipulating of the system that is being address, and thats not vilifying

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Do you think she deserves a house after previously snubbing her nose at one.

yes, for the sake of the children.
    Do you think a criminal should get priority over someone with no criminal record.

if they meet more of the criteria then yes, they will have to.
    Do you think having child after child after child with no form of being able to provide for them is the right thing to do?

no . however it happens and will continue to happen, and those children have to be supported, regardless of our opinion of the parents.

Do you think she was right to pull her scam to jump ahead of an already packed waiting list?

what scam did she actually pull. from what i can see she technically didn't pull any. i can understand people may not like her going to the media and hi-lighting her case on social media but what rules did she actually break.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

give me a ****ing break. you're singling me out among all the ****e that's been posted? i've posted lots of constructive stuff. i'm done with this thread.

bye Hun xxx sware ta God dem people is unrale . U keep fighting Hun XX

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Age of consent 17
    1972 to 1995 age of marriage was 16. 1995 on was 18 minimum age.
    "According to CSO figures, 387 minors married at the age of 16 or 17 between 2004 and 2014" so minimum age must have been 16 so I cannot believe she was wed at 15 when you need a court order etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Melendez wrote:
    I'd be concerned if the Gardaí came to my employer to trace an IP address that spent the entire working day every day posting vitriol on social media while I was supposed to be working. 3000 posts in the three months since you got that username, now there's productivity.

actually howling at this
    Melendez : hello can I speak to a guard please I've something to report .
    Guard : Yes , what can I do for you?
    Melendez : people are giving out on the internet about a lazy , non contributing , scrounging leech online and I don't like it .
    Guard : would that be Ms Cash?
    Melendez : yes guard that's it ! . hello ....hello .... did you just hang up on me ??

Give it up ,your defence of her and how you feel she is being treated is mind boggling to say the least .

That was me referred to and he thinks that a permanent leech getting 50k pa tax free somehow outranks someone who has worked her arse off for 30 years but is having a quiet couple of days and gets way less than that before deductions!!!!

• Advertisement

She's got a house and her smug face in the photo with Miriam o Callaghan is sickening . A new low has been reached today . Watch all the "homeless" stunts that will be pulled now ,while the genuine down and outs , will be pushed further down the list to accommodate these chancers .

She was offered a home prior to this and refused it.
    But because it was not the one she wanted she set out to pull the stunt and camp out in a garda station.
    Then act like she had no where to go, when she did have somewhere to go she refused it.

That was me referred to and he thinks that a permanent leech getting 50k pa tax free somehow outranks someone who has worked her arse off for 30 years but is having a quiet couple of days and gets way less than that before deductions!!!!

People never cease to amaze me but the defence of this carry on is something else . Blinkered people .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Would you mind them living next door? Of course for the sake of the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

There was a radio interview on recently , early one morning when I was going to work and it was an interview with a woman outside Cloverhill prison. She was visiting her husband in the prison and she actually said she had 8 kids. Anyways she also said she was married at 15 by a bishop , she actually said his name but I can’t remember it now. It was only in the last few weeks I think.

The guy on the radio couldn’t believe a bishop married her at 15. It was actually very similar sounding situation to the woman here. No idea if it was the same woman though......

Was it Bishop Cox by any chance? He lived down the road from me. He 'married' lots of traveller couples. You'd always know there was a traveller wedding on when a pink limo would be looking for directions to his 'church'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

and those children have to be supported, regardless of our opinion of the parents.
    Well we can ask her to provide the paypal address or bank account details so you can donate? How much would you like to sign for? Monthly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

It turns out she's not short of money, from somewhere.
    Ms Cash also discussed the backlash against photos of her daughter in an elaborate communion dress, something she says she “saved hard for”.

“Being homeless and being poor is two different things. There’s no-one saying there’s anyone poor here, what I’m saying is, I’m homeless. I haven't enough to get a home but I've enough to get me through the week.

“I saved, I saved hard to get my child that dress. And she was lovely, I think she was beautiful.”

Well that's great then.

I can understand you being annoyed at others for sneering at the child
    I have maintained the children are the innocent ones.
    However it does not negate the mothers behavior, her prior refusal of a home and then pull what in my opinion is a blatant scam to jump a queue for a house of her choosing.
    Are you seriously telling me she deserves no criticism ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Was yer man being put up by the state for a few years there from 2010 to 2013ish I wonder?..

This guy?

The 28-year-old's former long-term partner, John McCarthy, was remanded in the custody of Cloverhill Prison on July 25.

He is facing charges of assault at Westmoreland Street on June 24, engaging in threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour and possession of an offensive weapon, involving a sharpened tent spike.

https://m.herald.ie/news/mum-and-six-kids-forced-to-sleep-in-garda-station-given-beds-by-a-charity-37209313.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Maybe you need a break from work then, you sound like someone who shouldn t be doing that kind work ...burnout happens to us all. Apologies in advance if I ve judged you unfairly.

Ha ha good lad. I'm very good at my job if I do say so myself. I enjoy my work, even if it is taxing mentally and physically. Burnout is common among plenty but we just have to soldier on. That's what people have to do. I've seen people's faces slashed open to the point where I can see their teeth through their cheek. I've had my family threatened. I deal with actual cartel members and contract killers. If Blindboy is your hero, then I'm betting you wouldn't last half a day in there son. It is very patriarchal after all.

Anyway, I'm not the only one doing the job. I work with tonnes of guys and girls who sacrifice far more than I do. They're living 100's of miles away from their families to give them a roof over their heads while renting a box room up here while they work. So they're paying for two houses. That's one more than I'm paying for. It's two more than Margaret Cash is paying for.

Anthracite wrote: »
    It turns out she's not short of money, from somewhere.
    Ms Cash also discussed the backlash against photos of her daughter in an elaborate communion dress, something she says she “saved hard for”.

“Being homeless and being poor is two different things. There’s no-one saying there’s anyone poor here, what I’m saying is, I’m homeless. I haven't enough to get a home but I've enough to get me through the week.

“I saved, I saved hard to get my child that dress. And she was lovely, I think she was beautiful.”

Well that's great then.

Enough to get her through the week. Well there's lovely.

Think we're all starting to get to the business end of the "juggling bills" section of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Think we're all starting to get to the business end of the "juggling bills" section of the month.

She can afford to save a bit aswell

She can afford to save a bit aswell

That must be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I can understand you being annoyed at others for sneering at the child

Bolloxolgy nobody on here was sneering at any child ,
    The same person who claimed to have reported posters on here to the Gardai

Said he wouldn't be allowed to live beside them

You couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I'd be concerned if the Gardaí came to my employer to trace an IP address that spent the entire working day every day posting vitriol on social media while I was supposed to be working. 3000 posts in the three months since you got that username, now there's productivity.

Jaysis you are really reaching for that moral high ground arent ya!

You have completely discredited yourself and your opinion by resorting to idiocy.

In the context to your clutching at everyone being "racist" and "hateful" of the Travelling community....get over it. It's nit about her being a Traveller so stop trying to make it so.

You also classed witty references to Traveler culture as "hate" or "abuse" of their culture. It was more witty reference to the community not "hate".

You have lost the plot altogether and maybe need a break from the internet.

You would rather stoop as low as looking at someones posting history and making claims against their employment...than argue a valid point.

This woman, Mrs Cash stated multiple times that she "doesn't care" what anyone thinks of her or what she has done....she just wants our taxpayer money, not our opinion.

She has been in trouble with the law. She has never had a job. She has never paid tax. She has never financially contributed to the pot from which she takes. Just take take take.

On top of that, God only knows how many people she skipped to get what she...and apparently only she is "ENTITLED" to.

She has no respect for the people who fund her, yet you are more concerned with what people on an internet forum think of her.

She will never get a job, she will have more kids, she will campaign for a bigger place soon and she will continue to be a drain on the welfare fund.

She's not the only one either. We have a broken society.

When someone who has never lifted a finger to support themselves has more income than the taxpayer who is funding their ifestyle...it's fcuking disgusting.

PLUS: You admited that you wouldnt want her living next to you...so you are discriminating against her. Something a lot of people here are not doing.

Why wouldnt you want her living next to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Creative83 wrote: »
    It really bugs me when people say that they have a right to housing as this yoke did.

Really? Point me in the direction of Irish law or the Constitution that confirms said right. You won't find it.

The only thing you are entitled to is the air you breath and the water you drink. Sure, the government will try and help you out but housing was never a right... it couldn't be! The Judiciary would be destroyed overnight.

You have some seriously stupid and naive people who cannot comprehend these basic facts.

It's true that you won't find it in the Irish Constitution, but you will find it in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights -

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

Which also details a number of other rights to which people are entitled. How each signatory to the declaration implements those rights in their laws is generally a matter for each State, but for you to suggest that the only thing anyone is entitled to from the State is the air they breathe and the water they drink, is patently nonsense. What you've stated certainly is not fact. If you're interested in facts, then it's a fact that the State must provide for the woman in question in this case, and for her children, whether she had one child, seven children, or seventeen children. The State is obligated to provide for each and every one of them as citizens of the State.

As for the idea of 'capping' child benefit based on the number of children a person has, that's simply not going to happen. If you think it hasn't been mooted before, it has, by Brian Lenihan back in 2007 when he announced a cut of €10 in child benefit for the first and second child, and a cut of €20 for the third and subsequent children. He had the piss ripped out of him by none other than Michael Noonan of all people. It's hard to know which way Leo would go on the issue given his fluency in double-speak, but he had this to say about the issue of child benefit for EU citizens working in Ireland when he was Minister for Social Protection last year -

At an EU Employment and Social Policy Council meeting in Brussels last Friday, Social Protection Minister Leo Varadkar called for welfare benefits to be linked to the rates paid in the country where the child is living.
    Mr Varadkar told the meeting that Ireland was in favour of the principle of supporting migrant workers' children.
    However, the minister said the EU welfare system needed to be amended to ensure child welfare payments "reflect the economic and social conditions" in the child's home state.
    He said benefits should be index-linked to reflect the standard of living and child welfare rates in the country where the children are living.

And his successor is against the idea of introducing means-testing for child benefit too (from what I remember she too had the piss ripped out of her for even hinting at the idea in the first place, and did a quick about turn!) -

"I strongly believe in the principle that we should treat all the children in the country equally and that’s why I believe in the universal payment of child benefit."

So what it really comes down to is that whether some people here like it or not, it really would be naïve to think the Irish Government would ever introduce discriminatory policies with regard to child benefit which would prioritise the children of parents in employment over the children of parents who aren't in employment.

Gatling wrote: »
    Bolloxolgy nobody on here was sneering at any child ,
    The same person who claimed to have reported posters on here to the Gardai

Said he wouldn't be allowed to live beside them

You couldn't make it up

I have not seen said pic or was aware of it happening but took their word it happened.

whether it did or not and have zero proof either way.
    But I have no doubt its yet another deflection in a long line of deflections to turn the topic away from the true issue since certain people on here want to defend MrsCash regardless

Chewbacca wrote:
    When someone who has never lifted a finger to support themselves has more income than the taxpayer who is funding her lifestyle.

Chewbacca wrote:
    It fcuking disgusting.

+10000000 on this . Well said .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

1.5 million euro tax free for the next 30 years for doing nothing.

Not bad going!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement