Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    Is this my fault? :o

Everything's your fault, Four, you know that! ;)
    Pter wrote: »
    Looking forward to the answer.

You have the answer, it's in you PM's! Im saying the rest of them have to wait. Hang on, are you asking as a mod? You know how I feel about... Wait, no you don't, you never read those PMs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Evade

Sorry all. I just had trouble parsing the we've all killed remorselessly but he's killer stuff, or at least that was my interpretation of it, over the last while but Banjo's explanation of it being intentional on Retula's part in the other thread makes it make more sense.

On a different note I think I need help. I have six characters ready to go with portal related reasons for most of them to have ended up in the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Banjo wrote:
    You have the answer, it's in you PM's! Im saying the rest of them have to wait. Hang on, are you asking as a mod? You know how I feel about... Wait, no you don't, you never read those PMs!

I'm looking forward to you posting your explanation for everyone.

As I've pointed out to you in the past, if I'm speaking as a mod, you will be in no doubt about it.

Banjo wrote: »
    Hang on, are you asking as a mod?
    Pter wrote: »
    As I've pointed out to you in the past, if I'm speaking as a mod, you will be in no doubt about it.

Uh.... I'm taking that as a.... no?

Correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Once again I make the mistake of reading this thread before reading the game thread. Now I'm halfafraid to go and see whats happening in the tower.

Evade wrote: »
    EDIT: OOC
    The point is none of the characters, except Mags(?), are exactly innocent little angels
    Mags is a mean murdering mother****er, it's just that as of yet none of ye have stood between him and his survival. He plays the innocent, the dumb, the stoner but he's a calculating scheming self serving cutthroat who will even drown bunnyrabbits to survive.
    Evade wrote: »
    If you guys don't want me around that's fine, say it.
    /Hands Evade a pint, hands Iuric a tankard. Don't sweat it.
    Jack Moore wrote: »
    ...trying to have a laugh in a world where professional farters are a thing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane
    Having been involved in the world of Burlesque and Cabaret for the last 15 odd years a stage farter is one of the more sedate acts I've come across. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Non-mod note

I wont labor the point gang. Just popping in to make sure everything is going ok. I lurk in the forum and read the games regularly & spotted the term Banjo used; 'Traveller Syndrome' and was curious to know what he meant by that.

Mod note

It doesn't appear to have happened here, and im glad any disagreement has been resolved, but mods do have to keep an eye out for charter breaches. A reminder that the FG charter is in effect so if there are future disagreements within the D&D sub forum, i hope everyone will be as friendly and courteous as usual in resolving them. As has been mentioned elsewhere, the group is quite small at the moment, so i just want to make sure disagreements are amicable, so that when potential new players read them, they understand this is an open and fun community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

This is my own opinion, other opinions may vary.

Traveller syndrome: After a simple bumping into each other in the corridor, the characters touch and look into each others eyes for a little too long, its started, that chemistry that is, love at first sight. But instead of embracing, they get locked in a trade of abuses towards each other, to disguise their inner emotional feelings. Things escalate into locking characters in closets, peeing in their food, to blowing up planets and ships and just being self destructive, without a care to the rest of the crew.

A futuristic War of the Roses.

Traveller Syndrome : Where one offhand remark spirals out of control and has profound life changing effects.

For me that comment was "When the stranger is within a few feet of him, Evan spins, flicking a chunk of toblerone into the man's mouth." As stated earlier, everything after that is Fourier's fault.

It is not in any way a reference to the ethnic group of the same name who - to my limited knowledge - lack the spacefaring technology that is the hallmark of the RPG and I think serves as the primary differentiator here, so there should be no danger of confusion.

Pter, since you're wearing your Mod hat, any chance you could use your powers for good and move the OOC discussion posts in here to help streamline the game thread? (assuming that can be done without breaking the flow of this or the other - or both?)

sKeith wrote: »
    This is my own opinion, other opinions may vary.

Traveller syndrome: After a simple bumping into each other in the corridor, the characters touch and look into each others eyes for a little too long, its started, that chemistry that is, love at first sight. But instead of embracing, they get locked in a trade of abuses towards each other, to disguise their inner emotional feelings. Things escalate into locking characters in closets, peeing in their food, to blowing up planets and ships and just being self destructive, without a care to the rest of the crew.

A futuristic War of the Roses.

As terse as the game was at the time, if you wrote up a 3rd person description of all the events (as you have basically done there), it would be good reading :D
    Banjo wrote: »
    Traveller Syndrome : Where one offhand remark spirals out of control and has profound life changing effects.

For me that comment was "When the stranger is within a few feet of him, Evan spins, flicking a chunk of toblerone into the man's mouth." As stated earlier, everything after that is Fourier's fault.

It is not in any way a reference to the ethnic group of the same name who - to my limited knowledge - lack the spacefaring technology that is the hallmark of the RPG and I think serves as the primary differentiator here, so there should be no danger of confusion.

Pter, since you're wearing your Mod hat, any chance you could use your powers for good and move the OOC discussion posts in here to help streamline the game thread? (assuming that can be done without breaking the flow of this or the other - or both?)

Yeah ill take a look at that now.

• Advertisement

That is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Off for the night

Off for the night

Does anybody have days busy for them over the coming week where they can't play or only one or two posts?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

*Hand Up* I'm in Munich from tomorrow till Friday sir!

Days are mad this week but evenings are no more mad than the usual.

I won't be around tomorrow but I haven't got anything getting in the way of the other regular days.

Whoops! Headed off there and forgot to say off for the night.

Off for the night

Off for the night

• Advertisement

Off for the night

Off for the night

Just in light of some PMs/messages.

I just wanted to get some thoughts. The current campaign has now run to being a good bit longer than the last. Over twice the length in terms of posts and nearly twice as long in terms of time.

Do people feel like pausing it for a while for some other game? Ending it in the tower in an intense blaze of glory or other ideas? (I'm definitely happy to run other things, or...gasp!...play :D)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I can only speak for myself, but I'm definitely feeling D&D related jadedness the past few weeks. I think a change of scenery/game type might be a good thing.

As for the tower, lol - Retula will just blow it up eventually like everything else anyways :P

You're the GM - what do you want to do?
    If you're losing your mojo, take a break!
    Sick of the D&D ruleset? What do you want to play?
    Sick of the players? **** you! I mean, let's talk it out!

Personally, I quite like 5e, if only because I find it very easy to pick up the bits I don't know incrementally where some of the others had a very steep learning curve. Also there's a guy in Osinzir owes me 500gp, a magic glove or his f***ing head. I intend to collect :D . But it does feel like if Necro isn't around we don't move forward much because no one else is stupid brave enough to check for traps with their face, and no one else can post as quickly as him. And judging by the "1" up by my profile pic he's beaten me to it again.

edit : yup!
    Necrominus wrote: »
    As for the tower, lol - Retula will just blow it up eventually like everything else anyways :P

:eek:

I assume the two of you are angling for a game of FATAL?

Dude, you have been trying to subtley push that as someone elses idea for nearly a year now.
    I'm a terrible werewolf player and even I can see it.
    If it's what you want, let's do it. But first you have to say it's what you want.

(Oh look! Conveniently its someone elses turn to play the token female in the party!)

FATAL, eh?

giphy.gif

Fourier wrote: »
    FATAL?
    Roll for anal circumference.

I'm happy enough with the game as is and it scratches that itch I get between Fridays. I find a dumb one shot with odd restrictions, like everyone votes on race and class and the top picks are what everyone has to roll, can cure game fatigue.

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting some sort of barbarian pillaging rampage game, like a cross between The Accused and Supermarket Sweep? Sir, you disgust me. But if you think it will help I'll give it a go.

Advertisement