Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Am looking at golfnet and brs for open comps, but are there many other sources of this info? Without looking at clubs individually. Am in Donegal the 17th, all I can see is the Rosapenna open week but it's a team event that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Mushy wrote: »
    Am looking at golfnet and brs for open comps, but are there many other sources of this info? Without looking at clubs individually. Am in Donegal the 17th, all I can see is the Rosapenna open week but it's a team event that day.

Late notice but Ballyliffin open week on. 17th is singles stableford on Old course.
    Gonna try and get into single stroke on Glashedy on 18th myself

martinkop wrote: »

Late notice but Ballyliffin open week on. 17th is singles stableford on Old course.
    Gonna try and get into single stroke on Glashedy on 18th myself

Whenever I put info on golfnet only 18th showed up...annoying.

Strokes on Glashedy...hate strokes but tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

All dates up on golfnet now, not sure when they went up!!!

martinkop wrote: »

All dates up on golfnet now, not sure when they went up!!!

Still not showing on mine oddly. It's probably a bit too far anyway, definitely one to keep an eye on next year though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

CGC_Masters_Poster_Optimised.jpg

For golfers in the Cork area or happy to travel

unsure if that image will come out... Cobh Golf Club are holding a masters event on the weekend of 7th-9th Sept. Qualifiers on the Fri & Sat & 40 man play off the Sunday. €500 vouchers for 1st, €200 vouchers for 2nd. There's a chance at a car for a hole in 1 & also all who play in it are entered into a raffle for 2019 membership.

entry is €50 for visitors, http://www.cobhgolfclub.ie/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

.and thus close to lose their amateur status surely, if they are good enough to win that they have probably won elsewhere, limit being $750...

"An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbolic prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of $750 or the equivalent, or such a lesser figure as may be decided by the Governing Body. This limit applies to the total prizes or prize vouchers received by an amateur golfer in any one competition or series of competitions."

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

slave1 wrote: »
    .and thus close to lose their amateur status surely, if they are good enough to win that they have probably won elsewhere, limit being $750...

"An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbolic prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of $750 or the equivalent, or such a lesser figure as may be decided by the Governing Body. This limit applies to the total prizes or prize vouchers received by an amateur golfer in any one competition or series of competitions."

hey Slave1, I might be reading that rule different to you & possibly misinterpreting it... wouldn't a series of competitions be winning in 1 & qualifying for another i.e. linked/series of comps & winning prizes at each?

to me the rule wouldn't include the words "in any one" first... it would just read in all competitions if it was to be applied your way?

I'll just add, I've no dealing with the running of the comp, just putting it up here for anyone who may be interested. I'll also add I'm not saying I know the rules better than anyone else, it's just the way I read the rule you've posted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I honestly don’t know, I’ve never had to worry about it (except that time I won a €2.5k all expenses golf trip to the States many moons back)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Any Cork boardies fancy Castlemarytr on Wednesday 29th? 4pm tee off for me due to work and getting there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any Cork boardies fancy Castlemarytr on Wednesday 29th? 4pm tee off for me due to work and getting there.

I can't, but if anyone was considering it, give it a go.

Played it on the August bank hol weekend for the first time - Prob my favourite course I've played in years (albeit the weather was fantastic).

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Anyone fancy the Open Singles in Castlemartyr tomorrow Wednesday 6th Feb around 1:30pm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Apologies for (slight) thread hijack - just wondering if there will be a Scratch Cup thread here this year? Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Does anybody know if Luttrellstown has 18 holes for their Open?

I remember seeing something about 14holes last year in on of the threads

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Apologies for (slight) thread hijack - just wondering if there will be a Scratch Cup thread here this year? Cheers...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zSKWbe5akmUnuMaqqD-0EfThi0dwNI_yyA6sY_IAnik/edit?usp=drivesdk

Have a few in there if they're any use, will keep an eye on others and add them as I hear bout them

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 HoleinFun_MG

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Luttrellstown has 18 holes for their Open?

I remember seeing something about 14holes last year in on of the threads

18 holes from next week. Wednesday will be the 1st open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Heavily poleforked at the minute. Probably best avoid for a few weeks!

I played that week on the full 18 but good to know as I got a 4ball for the win that day.

Any comps on tomorrow around meath or surrounding counties?

Ladys captains so course is full all day and have the day to myself but no playing partners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Any comps on tomorrow around meath or surrounding counties?

Ladys captains so course is full all day and have the day to myself but no playing partners

Open day with a stableford comp in Rossmore GC in monaghan on Sunday if that's any good to you

• Advertisement

kieran. wrote: »
    Open day with a stableford comp in Rossmore GC in monaghan on Sunday if that's any good to you

Thanks but unfortunately I won't be around Sunday :(

Missed Corballis today and a bit stuck for a round tomorrow.

I can get out in Headfort before 9am tomorrow but would rather not be a one ball so any opens or someone looking for a casual tomorrow even somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Two spots available at the Island in Donabate for a Semi open tomorrow, Wednesday at 3.40pm. Anyone interested, drop me a pm. €40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Hi folks, is this thread still used or is there another (newer) for arranging games ?

Down in Cork for work on April 3rd/4th and looking to get a few evening holes in for anybody interested. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Another shout for this folks if anyone around Cork fancies a game in the longer evenings next week
    Looking like Wed (3rd) is most doable and weather decent (fingers crossed)

Advertisement