Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am off Wednesday but am not travelling to cork!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

charlieIRL wrote:
    Am off Wednesday but am not travelling to cork!!!!

Ahh no dedication to the game at all charlie 😂

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Ahh no dedication to the game at all charlie 😂

I know, I only done 2500kms for golf in the society last year!!!
    Am actually bringing my 10 year old daughter for her first round of golf on Wednesday, should be fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobster453

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Am actually bringing my 10 year old daughter for her first round of golf on Wednesday, should be fun!!!
    That has to be done too and there was i about to invite ya to callan for the open singles

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobster453

That has to be done too and there was i about to invite ya to callan for the open singles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna golf in cork tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon?
    Am available to play this afternoon, even got green fee passes for fermoy or kinsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

www.moategolfclub.ie

We are currently holding an Open Singles stableford competition which still has May, June & July to run where 12 qualifiers per month will join the 12 from April in a grand final on 27th July.

Overall winner will get a week's holiday in Lanzarote for 2, including flights. If anyone is interested in playing for this great prize, entry fee is just €20 (and €15 for all subsequent entries if unsuccessful first time out). No carry through of qualifying scores so everyone starts equal on the final day.

We'd be delighted if some Boardsie golfers came along to play!

Please give me a shout if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emurphalot

Any teachers interested in playing opens around Dublin /Kildare area after school over next couple of months?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm playing the St. Margaret's open at 9:48 am tomorrow if anyone is interested. I'm a member there but this is my first game of the year :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

I'd be interested in playing a few rounds over the next few months around Kildare area. I'm thinking I'll join Dunmurray myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 emurphalot

brady23 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in playing a few rounds over the next few months around Kildare area. I'm thinking I'll join Dunmurray myself.

I'm playing the open at beech park on Thursday if you or anyone else wants to join up. Pm me if interested. I can be there by 3.15 or so but can play later if need more time.
    If not can play in Kildare area some other week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

emurphalot wrote: »
    I'm playing the open at beech park on Thursday if you or anyone else wants to join up. Pm me if interested. I can be there by 3.15 or so but can play later if need more time.
    If not can play in Kildare area some other week.

Working Thurs-Wed from tomorrow but perhaps sometime next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

www.moategolfclub.ie

We are currently holding an Open Singles stableford competition which still has May, June & July to run where 12 qualifiers per month will join the 12 from April in a grand final on 27th July.

Overall winner will get a week's holiday in Lanzarote for 2, including flights. If anyone is interested in playing for this great prize, entry fee is just €20 (and €15 for all subsequent entries if unsuccessful first time out). No carry through of qualifying scores so everyone starts equal on the final day.

We'd be delighted if some Boardsie golfers came along to play!

Please give me a shout if you have any questions.

WOW, now thats a website!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

http://mygolfgroup.uberflip.com/i/679485-golf-opens-digital-magazine-issue-1

Just got the below into my inbox.

May be of use to people trying to get to opens/scratch cups?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Fota. Tues. Open. 35 euro. Any interest ?

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Fota. Tues. Open. 35 euro. Any interest ?

Or Castlemartyr open or even blarney casual ?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Or Castlemartyr open or even blarney casual ?

I have green fee passes for fermoy, I'd be happy to share if you're interested.

Thinking of playing in the open day in Athlone on Wednesday morning if anyone is around.

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    I have green fee passes for fermoy, I'd be happy to share if you're interested.

PM sent

Don't think I'll get to the Irish Open on Thursday - need to be home early so am going to play Moate or Esker Hills open singles early in the morning if anyone is around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't think I'll get to the Irish Open on Thursday - need to be home early so am going to play Moate or Esker Hills open singles early in the morning if anyone is around.

Played Esker on Saturday, in the best condition I've ever seen it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

4 lads I work with played esker a couple of weeks ago. they weren't fans, said they wouldn't be going back.... :rolleyes: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Alanm

Seve OB wrote: »
    4 lads I work with played esker a couple of weeks ago. they weren't fans, said they wouldn't be going back.... :rolleyes: :confused:

I played the same weekend as the Masters was on in early April and thought it was absolutely brilliant. Some really memorable holes and it was in great condition then. It is a little hilly and I'd definitely consider buggy when we go back (4 of us played it for the first time and we agreed we'd definitely go back!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thinking of playing in the open day in Athlone on Wednesday morning if anyone is around.

There's a free space beside me tomorrow evening if you fancy it :)

5:20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

I see the Heritage in Killenard are doing a Back Tee challenge on Sunday. a chance to play the course of the Back tees.
    the carnage will be great

Rikand wrote: »
    There's a free space beside me tomorrow evening if you fancy it :)

5:20

Damm only saw this now.

Anyone fancy a game Wed around 4:30-5ish in Cork area.
    Weather looking great
    Anywhere considered.
    Wed whites on in castlemartyr for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

alxmorgan wrote:
    Anyone fancy a game Wed around 4:30-5ish in Cork area. Weather looking great Anywhere considered. Wed whites on in castlemartyr for example

I'm free from 2pm will Golf anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 42 quinda

HOWTH GOLF CLUB OPEN SINGLES - €15

Tuesday 31st May - Timeslots from 2:30pm - 5:30pm. Book on BRS - www.howthgolfclub.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Athlone golf clubs open week starts from this coming Sunday and runs right through to the Bank Holiday Monday in June.

Book your place online now at this web address : http://www.brsgolf.com/athlone/opens_home.php

€7 for Members
    €15 for Visitors

Come play a really great golf course, right in the heart of Ireland which will also be hosting the prestigious Connacht Strokeplay just a few short weeks after Open Week. The Course is guaranteed to be in great shape! ;)

Advertisement