Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozark [Netflix] (***SPOILERS***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Season 2 August 31

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really looking forward to this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

the rain on netflix is worth a watch if u like dystopian what if films.

and not subtitled which was a pleasant plus.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

designated survivor is A plus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

blazard wrote: »

It's in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

It's in English?

Dubbed in English. I gave up on The Rain after 4 or 5 episodes. I didn't care about the characters and, this may sound ridiculous, but I prefer my dystopian tales to have an element of reality. Characters doing really stupid things for illogical reasons really annoys me! There was also too much implausible stuff in it.

Ozark is excellent, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

blazard wrote: »
    the rain on netflix is worth a watch if u like dystopian what if films.

Brilliant series.

You can choose whether to watch subtitled or not.

We rewatched a couple of episodes with subtitles and the Danish voices were very similar to the dubbed voices which is probably why the dubbed version worked well

Very much a similar viewer to ozark.

early reviews in for season 2 aren't great

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/ozark/season-2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Trombones

Shame ,was looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 dropped today.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Janet McTeer is a great addition to the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

For anyone who has watched a few episodes of Season 2, How is it so far? Just as good as Season 1 or has the quality dropped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thomathetank

I'm only on ep 2

It's not too bad but feels a bit drawn out

The white collar family mixing it with the Mexicans and the hillbillies don't quite convince me.

Mexicans and politics and burying bodies ,it's all borrowed from other shows the same as music.i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thomathetank

The actress who plays Ruth Langmore was in the Americans

She is really dull and wooden as an actress imo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Completed S2. Watchable but by no means great or memorable.

What irritated me most is that there are literally NO surprises here pretty much throughout. Whatever way they have filmed it every time a character is about to get whacked you know it's coming 10 minutes in advance...even though it's clearly intended to be a shock. Very clumsy.

Also feels like you have seen it all before. Nothing new or original here. There are some funny quips but it's just boring.

Biggest indictment for me of the whole series is the fact I did not remember a thing from S1 prior to starting S2 and had to go through a big recap in advance.

The whole thing is easily forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Completed S2. Watchable but by no means great or memorable.

What irritated me most is that there are literally NO surprises here pretty much throughout. Whatever way they have filmed it every time a character is about to get whacked you know it's coming 10 minutes in advance...even though it's clearly intended to be a shock. Very clumsy.

Also feels like you have seen it all before. Nothing new or original here. There are some funny quips but it's just boring.

Biggest indictment for me of the whole series is the fact I did not remember a thing from S1 prior to starting S2 and had to go through a big recap in advance.

The whole thing is easily forgettable.

Thanks for the opinion. So many great shows out there these days I shall give this a miss. Season 1 was mildly entertaining, but find Bateman a difficult watch at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm not sayin don't try it. I mean it's watchable and mildly entertaining to me.

With this you'll know 2 or 3 episodes in whether to stick it out or not.

It's worth seeing the first couple of episodes and making your mind up IMO.

I liked it. Watched 4 episodes so far.

Not as fast moving as S1, or as gripping but good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm only 2 episodes in but so far liking it just as much as S1 - not particularly brilliant but compelling enough to keep watching and enjoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mistrryman

It's decent but routine

You get that deja vu feeling with everything here

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I've just finished season 2 and really enjoyed it. Laura Linney and Julia Garner are acting their bollox off. All the cast are good but those two are eating it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I loved series2. I found it very entertaining and it left me wanting more. Was it perfect, hell no but well worth watching

Season 2 certainly got better by the episode.

I'm at ep9, so final episode for tomorrow.

Always liked Ruth's character and can see her becoming the focus of season 3 assuming there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One episode to go in S2. Darlene is a tough ****er, great character, really strong performance. Ruth and Wendy too, but different level with Darlene.

Very good series overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

finished season 2 loved it , thought it was better than season 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great season. If you liked the first one, this is genuinely an improvement, better paced with more action and threads. To be honest, Ozark got a lot of unfair Breaking Bad comparisons....but keeping in mind that BB wasn't really essential TV until the later seasons - and people tend to judge it based on what it became, not what it started out as - this is fast shaping up to be the best replacement you could hope for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Will there be a season 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Finished it this week. It was grand; not amazing but certainly not crap either. I find the pacing uneven, going from slow and detailed to very rushed - and often in the same episode -
    One week Marty has $8m to launder, the next it's the last run? Come on.
    . I also find
    Peter Mullen's accent all over the place and inconsistent and they do that thing where in a lot of his scenes his back is to camera to hide this (this may be just me spotting this?)
    and likewise with Del
    his accent slips from Mexican to full on Yank at times
    . What made Breaking Bad great was the attention to detail (even if that was subsequently debunked as being inaccurate on shows like Mythbusters etc., and I don't think this has it). I'm not asking for a "Dummy's Guide to Laundering Mexican Cartel Money", but it would help if more detail was provided on the efforts Marty has to go through to launder this cash. A good summer at a sh*tty bar & motel and a strip joint isn't washing $8m. Bateman, Linney (don't get the criticism, she's almost always excellent) and Mullen
    (accent aside)
    deliver from an acting perspective, but some of the supporting actors aren't as good for me. The show started and ended strongly, but some of the middle episodes were, for me, not great. I seriously considered not finishing it at one stage but I'm so OCD with TV and books that I honestly can't not finish something if I start it. Had it been better thought out with more attention to detail and paced more consistently (slower) I think it would have been a lot better. The ending was a bit bizarre
    killing Del and Mullen just talking about it as if it'll be grand and if not we'll deal with the cartel - yeah right!
    but it will be interesting to see where they take it for season 2 and beyond (if they do that).

The above is what I wrote for Season 1 effectively a year ago. S2 suffers from the same problems - when it's good, it's very good; then it drops the ball with ridiculous sub-plotlines, completely unrealistic time frames, silly characters, bad dialogue, and terrible acting from some of the cast. If it could maintain a higher level of consistency, it could be very good; as it stands it's better than average but not much more than that. The female characters however really came to the fore in this series and are dominant; Janet McTeer in particular is excellent as the Cartel's lawyer. Sad to see Petty go, I really liked his character
    who went out in a remarkably similar way as he did in Ray Donovan
    and the actor too.

Overall, it's good - but not as good or as clever as it likely thinks itself to be.

Advertisement