Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Clash

• 07-06-2018 8:02am

has anyone tried this?

This seems like on the surface a simple enough game but it's deceptively deep 1 v 1 skill and judgement golf game (it's actually pretty deep for this type of game) with the levelling of clubs , different ball attributes and different tours and factors like wind, curl, elvation etc presented in an attractive style.

Freemium but you can play perfectly well for free.

Really great game actually if you like turn-based timing (of the shot) and judgement skill (shot set-up) mixed with progression/levelling/ grinding (better clubs and levels of golf clubs and different golf courses) over time.

no actual interest in real golf required.

Warning - addictive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

been playing this a while now myself, handy game for playing couple of holes here and there through the day, tough once get to the higher stages or the events though

CraigM84 wrote: »
    been playing this a while now myself, handy game for playing couple of holes here and there through the day, tough once get to the higher stages or the events though

what tour level have you reached. up to 6 but play on 4 and 5 myself - haven't dared go further yet!

games get tougher as you are matched with better players as you get more trophies.

Up to tour 7, but couldnt bring myself to risk 100k on a game :P

yeah games get tough alright, esp when pitted against a high tier player, you know the golden flag players. But for the better part ive been aiming to get the golden crates opened daily, those epic clubs get harder to come by but they help with those tougher courses when there are crazy winds :D

Did you enter the desert open tournament?

yeah got as far as the opening round

• Advertisement

yeah got as far as the opening round

Placed about 40 on weekend. First one that I tried. Need to use quasar balls to have a chance

yeah am hoping for this tournament this coming week, have been saving up as many of the higher end balls for that exact reason, the marlins just dont cut it

yeah am hoping for this tournament this coming week, have been saving up as many of the higher end balls for that exact reason, the marlins just dont cut it

stuff like this helps a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30SzrwPw_G0

here's the actual wind shown in the opening round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qEge-5aegc

by the way - if you have a tablet - it's definitely easier to play on one - easier to hit more perfect shots.

ah had a bash at the origins tournament earlier, -9, will most likely be going for another round tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Addicted myself

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Addicted myself

really is a fascinating combination of timing, judgement, pleasure in beating opponents and rpg levelling up (must have that club or the next level of it)!

ah had a bash at the origins tournament earlier, -9, will most likely be going for another round tomorrow

pretty good. did you not qualify with that?

glasso wrote: »
    pretty good. did you not qualify with that?

Not sure yet, think so, there is only 2 left that can possibly overtake, so should be through with it

I messed up deliberately to try again. There is a fail to qualify offer I read for rookie for 500 gems and 25 katanas for 2 euro. Think that I can use phone credit to pay so won't really cost real money. Could do with the gems for buying a few club cards and speed opening the odd chest plus the balls will be good for the other rounds.

Think that it's harder on the second and third qualify days as people are doing this to get the offer on earlier days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I messed up deliberately to try again. There is a fail to qualify offer I read for rookie for 500 gems and 25 katanas for 2 euro. Think that I can use phone credit to pay so won't really cost real money. Could do with the gems for buying a few club cards and speed opening the odd chest plus the balls will be good for the other rounds.

Think that it's harder on the second and third qualify days as people are doing this to get the offer on earlier days!

Looks like it went up a euro....2.99 now:mad:

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Looks like it went up a euro....2.99 now:mad:

I'm talking about the rookie tournament - offers for pro, expert, masters cost more.

I got sent an offer for 1.99 for rookie

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

no. not your game then I'm afraid. fantastic game imo tho.

I'm talking about the rookie tournament - offers for pro, expert, masters cost more.

I got sent an offer for 1.99 for rookie

Ah fair enough talking about pro here, haven't played rookie tourny in months

• Advertisement

Rookie Tourns are the only ones Ive been willing to go for, made it through with yesterdays performance, still havent even tried a 100K game, working my way through the 30k game cups.

I'd usually save the gems for buying different balls, dont think its worth using them on the likes of the clubs cards though, play couple of games everyday to unlock the daily gold chest and you can earn quite a bit from them.

I only buy a couple of cards with gems before the price goes up (number of gems required goes up with every card). Only for clubs like the extra mile etc.
    One thing to keep in mind is that they more trophies you have the harder opponent you face. Sometimes better to play a maxed out tour repeatedly to get money and go up with clubs as opposed to going up before you have the clubs and skill for it.
    even if you go back to lower tours when you have a higher trophy count you will face players at the same trophy level so it will be harder to win games than before.
    you can also face replays in this game at times - e.g. playing against a recorded game.

had a disaster of a qualifying round today. had connection issues, finger flicked off screen doing a curl making a huge slice etc so effectively abandoned it as a round - rest was just for practice. this tournament doesn't suit me! will try last time tomorrow.

been having a couple of connection issues the last while myself, not always but here and there would get the reconnecting mgs mid game

really annoying if it's the opponent connection issues during your shot effectively cutting your time down!

qualifying went ok this time for the origin links - got -11. a couple of unlucky things - rolled into rough on a par 5 by a 1/2 inch - cost a shot. hit the pin off the green on the short par 4 over the water with the thorn - ball went way off green into rough - another shot. so should have been -13.
    -14 definitely possible on this one or even -15 if you got a roll-in on a par 3 for hole-in-one.

got -21 on the opening round. will get to the weekend round but had a fair few mistakes. wouldn't be expecting a high finish.
    how did anyone else playing it do?

havent completed the opening round yet, -7 for 6 played now, here's hoping it continues.

Have managed to make a dent into the 200k games, finished the 60k trophies and had to move up, though have finally topped my friends list after hitting 1150 trophies :D

havent completed the opening round yet, -7 for 6 played now, here's hoping it continues.

Have managed to make a dent into the 200k games, finished the 60k trophies and had to move up, though have finally topped my friends list after hitting 1150 trophies :D

I upgraded a lot of clubs e.g. saturn and sniper which have pricey upgrades for the cash I had so am just happy to improve my skills whilst winning T5 games. moving to a tablet (old nexus 7 2013) means that I can hit perfect shot a very high percentage of the time now. didn't want to move up to a higher trophy count until I was happy as ... harder opponents. I was not good at the T5 and T6 shootouts but am now. what club levels are you on?

have about 600k cash at the mo. will concentrate on T6 from now on prob.

Driver - EM 6 all the time use Rock or Quarterback for the odd tournament hole
    Woods - Viper 8, BDog 4, Guardian 3, Sniper 6. Use Big Dawg and viper mainly but will move to guardian and sniper when they are upgraded a bit more
    Long Iron - Saturn 7 , Backbone 7 , Goliath 4
    Short Iron - Hornet 4 and Thorn 5
    Wedge - Dart 8 and Skewer 6
    Rough - Razor 3
    Sand - Malibu 5

• Advertisement

Finished the qualifying round with - 21, best I've managed outta the 3 tournaments I've entered. As for clubs here's what I use 99% of the time

Advertisement