Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Clash

Options
2»

Comments

got -23 in the weekend round. could have done a lot better tbh. some sh1t holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

barely managed -16 in the weekend :P :o

Everything fell apart during the 1st 9 holes, kinda reclaimed a few shots for the second half, but was first time got to weekend stages, it really is a case of playing the hole and not against the other player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Had a mare in the weekend and lost the head after front 9..Finished 39 in pro

think I finished 28 or something. some annoying holes in there.

even if you don't spend any money on this game, something that I just found out about and got this week is this app
    (only for android as this wouldn't be possible on Ios due to apple restrictions on overlay apps)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greengloves.caddy

it's only €1.49

gives you a small overlay for the wind adjustment for club level at the top of the screen.

definitely helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXgXDBQU-10

could have helped in the last tournament lol

• Advertisement

That looks very tempting alright, have been doing the same by eye on the mobile like all the rest of us amateurs :P

Made the second round qualifier, -12, didnt think the course was bad, not too easy but not really tough either, but this also made it tougher to keep the high spots, in my group, the top 9 were -11 or better

also got a -12 in first try. although that was with a bad hole and an albatross on another hole (won't get that again lol). presume that some people with a lucky shot or so (albatross, hole-in-one on par 3) will get -15 and maybe a -28 / -29 overall.

-13 for myself with a par and an alby on 4.

Hole 1 is make or break, really need to eagle it and set yourself up for a good round.

Quite like this tourny.

did anyone else pick up that wind adjustor golf clash caddie app?

• Advertisement

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    -13 for myself with a par and an alby on 4.

Hole 1 is make or break, really need to eagle it and set yourself up for a good round.

Quite like this tourny.

tricky one to get just right - not to end up with too far a pitch or putt that is beyond putter distance.

fingers crossed for the weekend, managed to fumble my way to -22 for the opening round, will find out soon enough

didn't get time to play this opening round :)

you should be ok with -22 to get to the weekend round I would say - depends on the bracket of course.

yeah made it through to the weekend, 3 holes down :)

CraigM84 wrote: »
    yeah made it through to the weekend, 3 holes down :)

so did you splash out 1.50 for the wind adjuster?

glasso wrote: »
    so did you splash out 1.50 for the wind adjuster?

Na, in the end didn't go for it, did watch other videos about the accuracy of shots and where about to aim

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Na, in the end didn't go for it, did watch other videos about the accuracy of shots and where about to aim

it's fairly handy - well worth it. takes a bit of practice to work out how to manage to do it comfortably within the shot time and take your shot but you get the hang of that fairly quickly.

good luck in the weekend round!

finished the weekend round at -23, missed some silly shots in the second half of the round, missed 2-3 eagle shots

Big tourn opening up next week, what do ya's think of these new pitches?? the height change is gonna take bit of getting used to with either the drop or gain, throws off the ring trick a bit

new holes look cool but are not all that interesting imo.
    i.e. they don't really offer alternative approaches.
    also the par 3 shootouts are pretty crazy hard / silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Only started playing this recently. Great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Same here. After seeing this thread I've been playing regularly and really enjoying it. Just can't play well enough to gain many coins though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its a fun way to waste a few hours! My coins are up and down like a rollercoaster. Im not consistent enough at times.

Yeah have been playing few months, had a great run for a bit but during the summer it all went to hell, still trying to build back up the cups

Set up an Irish Clan there if anybody wants to join..

The Wolfe Pack

Advertisement