Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondello Trackday and Training Dates-2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

There's an extra day added on the 30th of this month. I've never heard a bad word about the training day, it's done in a relaxed way and you will get the p1ss taken out of you at some stage. You won't regret doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Ah great to hear. Might actually do it again. Must have been because of the snow as the one I did got pushed twice into a different date.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

neildyr wrote: »
    Did it with Goose on here a couple of months back. It was excellent. We did a couple hours in morning in with classroom tuition and carpark stuff in-between. Good laugh. then after lunch, you are grouped with 1 or 2 other bikers and split off with various instructors. Once you find your feet they leave you be or give you help depending on if you want it or not.

They said that "in most scenarios a training day yields more actual track time that a "track day" ".I learnt a whole lot and consider it well worth it.
    From ~2pm till 5, I was on the track with only a few pits to give ME a break.

"Two of my friends are doing it and want me to join"

I'm not sure any more training days are on this year. You will have to wait for next year I believe.

Great thanks. Good to hear you get plenty of track time as that was a concern.

There is still plenty of space on the 30th - I'm booked in already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Was thinking of doing the cotters one but think this might suit me better. V tempted!

Depending on numbers, you get 3 track sessions, if numbers are low occasionally the afternoon may be run open pit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Would they let me do it with a helmet with drop down visor. I'm tempted now just quit my job so loads of free time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i did 2 days there last month and 2 up in kirkistown, while the international circuit is great and really fun to ride the numbers are just too high, must have been 40+ bikes in the inter group on the 23rd, it kinda feels like a cash grab, get as many bikes in as we can, really would put me off going again, hear good things about the cotter days though in fairness.
    kirkistown the groups are much better, just a pity the track isnt as much fun to ride

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

cadete wrote: »
    i did 2 days there last month and 2 up in kirkistown, while the international circuit is great and really fun to ride the numbers are just too high, must have been 40+ bikes in the inter group on the 23rd, it kinda feels like a cash grab, get as many bikes in as we can, really would put me off going again, hear good things about the cotter days though in fairness.
    kirkistown the groups are much better, just a pity the track isnt as much fun to ride

Do you think this track training day would be the same? Do cotters have a lower number of riders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Ernie Coates Trackday last Sunday in Bishopscourt.
    Some track and the blind turn in down to corner 1 in 5th gear is savage.:D

Inters was very busy and a few idiots out through the chicanes at back of track thinking it was a slow sunday spin in the countryside.:pac::rolleyes:

455160.jpg

455161.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

zubair wrote: »
    Do you think this track training day would be the same? Do cotters have a lower number of riders?

Cant say re the training days but the lads up in mondello said the cotter days are always quieter, but i believe they are normally on a weekday so that should make it quieter in itself i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Whats the Difference between the International track day Vs. the National one??

EDIT:
    Found out. Its the difference in circuit on the day. National: Smaller circuit / International = Bigger circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Ernie Coates Trackday last Sunday in Bishopscourt.
    Some track and the blind turn in down to corner 1 in 5th gear is savage.:D

Inters was very busy and a few idiots out through the chicanes at back of track thinking it was a slow sunday spin in the countryside.:pac::rolleyes:

455160.jpg

455161.jpg

Not nice......

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads can spectators come for the trackday training? I have a mate that wants to come watch and take a few photos with my camera. Also is there a pro taking photos I'd love to get a proper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Are you doing the one on Monday Zascar? I’m booked in myself, looking forward to it.

Can’t see any reason why your mate can’t just turn up and watch the afternoon session. There may be restrictions on him being around the car park area for the slow stuff in the morning but assume that’s not what you want and you’re looking for on track pics?

I was there yesterday - a great day out we all really enjoyed it. Did some slow control stuff in the morning - figure of 8, slalom circles and brake test. In the afternoon we had three sessions on the track with an instructor for every 2 riders which was great - really helped following his lines and then having him tell you were you are going wrong. I was happy with how I progressed throughout the day - I had one off into the stones on the last turn - over cooked it and could not make the turn - thankfully didn't drop the bike and was able to get out ok on my own.Still trying to get the feel of the brakes on the new bike and I've never had abs before. Turn 3 was a bitch to get right but really enjoyed the rest of it.

Definitely going to go do another soon!

w1qEV4S.png
    wODSNSn.jpg

Turn 3 is tricky enough, if you turn in early the track closes on you. The turn point is the 50mtr painted on the track, aim for the inside kerb, most novices run around the outside of the track here, from the kerb, aim for the oak tree and then look for the change of tarmac on the second part of the turn, this is your next turn point, stay out to the edge of the track and when your front wheel hits the change of tarmac, turn in aiming to apex late. At the kerb if you look up over the crest you'll see the top of the camera pole, aim for this and it'll bring you out to the end of the kerb on the exit. As you do more track days pick points for each corner and join the dots, it'll all fall into place.

Advertisement