Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's going to see the Pope?

Options

Comments

Plenty of tickets still available it seems so I doubt the above is making much of an impact.

It is a bit like the Nigel Farage Brexit talk - booking out free tickets as a simple protest making the organisers restart the process.

I am surprised that clergy wanting to concelibrate register the same way, I wonder what checking goes into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Just doing the deeds of a miserable **** for no other reason than to deny something to someone else. For no benefit to yourself except for some warped kicks that you might ruin something for someone.

I have my reasons for doing it. Interesting how it seems to be only you who has engaged in the foul language with other posters. I could think of a word to describe that behaviour but I won't stoop to your level pet. At least you picked up on the sneering attitude I was worried it was too subtle for you. : )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If people had to pay for tickets they would have sold out in 30 minutes. Since they are free no once seems to want them. Plenty left.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm not surprised tickets are still available. Half a million was always a bit ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,420 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Will he be playing anything from the new album?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

colm_mcm wrote: »

Shane McGowan & The Popes :D

colm_mcm wrote: »

Very little new material in the past 2000 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Taytoland wrote: »
    The people who constantly shout about tolerance are usually the most intolerant people. By tolerance they mean if only you agree with them. If you fall outside the boundaries of what they believe, you are beyond the pale.
    You're so right.

I was walking down O'Connell St yesterday and couldn't go 50 metres without a damn secularist, atheist or liberal talking at me through a microphone about how I should live my life.

Oh, no, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

seamus wrote: »
    You're so right.

I was walking down O'Connell St yesterday and couldn't go 50 metres without a damn secularist, atheist or liberal talking at me through a microphone about how I should live my life.

Oh, no, wait...

Q. How do you know someone is an atheist?

A. They tell you. Over and over and over again

Q. How do you know someone is an atheist?

A. They tell you. Over and over and over again

Very original. Even if it was true it’s better than standing on street corners harassing people.

• Advertisement

Very original. Even if it was true it’s better than standing on street corners harassing people.

While the secularist, atheist and Christian not-so-free market pushers harrass us not merely on street corners pushing their "Buy, buy, buy" fundamentalist capitalist propaganda shít but in every area of society including in our own homes via tv and radio to an extent I for one have never, ever endured from any religious group.

Suppose it's not fashionable in After Hours to object to all these consumerist fundamentalists pushing their environment-destroying needless shíte everywhere so focus instead on the near has-been power of the RCC as the great evil of 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

About 248,000 taken up about 7pm. Up take slower than I thought.

While the secularist, atheist and Christian not-so-free market pushers harrass us not merely on street corners pushing their "Buy, buy, buy" fundamentalist capitalist propaganda shít but in every area of society including in our own homes via tv and radio to an extent I for one have never, ever endured from any religious group.

Suppose it's not fashionable in After Hours to object to all these consumerist fundamentalists pushing their environment-destroying needless shíte everywhere so focus instead on the near has-been power of the RCC as the great evil of 2018.

You can buy your place in heaven with the RCC. Consumerism at its worst. Praying on the vulnerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Praying on the vulnerable.

'Praying', saw what you did there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

seamus wrote: »
    Taytoland wrote: »
    The people who constantly shout about tolerance are usually the most intolerant people. By tolerance they mean if only you agree with them. If you fall outside the boundaries of what they believe, you are beyond the pale.
    You're so right.

Oh, no, wait...
    They control the media, so don't worry, it brainwashes as many people equally as well.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    'Praying', saw what you did there.

Yeah, most RCC defenders don’t normally understand when it’s spelled ‘preying’.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

go on so for the laugh.

Where do you want me to begin

Pick a quote by all means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CastNoShadow

Whatever your opinion of the Catholic Church, snapping up tickets that might mean an individual person misses out is pretty nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

abff wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone could argue with what Stephen Fry said there. As a challenge, is anyone able to come up with a sensible rebuttal? One that doesn't involve either shooting the messenger or falling back on the old "God moves in mysterious ways and how can we poor mortals hope to understand him" argument.
    pone2012 wrote: »
    It's easily rebuttable and Stephen Fry is both idiotic and hypocritical at the same time

,(I'll gladly elaborate if you so wish)
    go on so for the laugh.

And still nothing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Well that's a new one on me how someone can be catholic and not recognise Frank as the leader, but hey you seem to be the expert on all things catholic even though you aren't one.

Because they are catholic and not Roman Catholic. The Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Whatever your opinion of the Catholic Church, snapping up tickets that might mean an individual person misses out is pretty nasty

have over 9000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

K.Flyer wrote: »
    And still nothing...

Pick a quote.... there's too much b*llsh*t in that rant to address in a post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CastNoShadow

pone2012 wrote: »
    Pick a quote.... there's too much b*llsh*t in that rant to address in a post.

Someone once described Stephen Fry as a stupid persons idea of an intelligent person. That video proves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I have well over 1K now :D I will give them away for free to anyone that donates to one of my chosen charities. They obviously pay for the postage :) and paypal fees.

You can buy your place in heaven with the RCC. Consumerism at its worst. Praying on the vulnerable.

Is that right?

Maybe you just paid a bit of attention to your JC history up until around hte Reformation and kinda got stuck at that part.

I think you might be mixing them up with the Protestant Evangelical TV scam artists over in the US and beyond

Is that right?

Maybe you just paid a bit of attention to your JC history up until around hte Reformation and kinda got stuck at that part.

I think you might be mixing them up with the Protestant Evangelical TV scam artists over in the US and beyond

Oh. Sorry. I forgot you can just say sorry too. However, some people find it easier to part with cash than apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Loads left, they aren't exactly being snapped up. Plenty of time for anyone with a genuine interest to get one.

pcuser wrote: »
    I have well over 1K now :D I will give them away for free to anyone that donates to one of my chosen charities. They obviously pay for the postage :) and paypal fees.

Knock yourself out.

I reckon that once the 500k limit is hit, they'll just expand it a few hundred thousand more anyway, safe in the knowledge that not everyone will turn up.

And sure, the history books will reflect the massive interest in tickets for his visit. Numbers will be nicely pumped up by the likes of yourself :pac:

It's just sad that you'd be so petty as to gain sanctification out of trying to ruin something for someone else who never did anything on you.

eviltwin wrote: »

Loads left, they aren't exactly being snapped up. Plenty of time for anyone with a genuine interest to get one.

Yep. The pope is no Garth Brooks. He can’t even give the tickets away it seems.

• Advertisement

Oh. Sorry. I forgot you can just say sorry too. However, some people find it easier to part with cash than apologise.

Give us an example of how "You can buy your place in heaven with the RCC".

Go on. Tell us how it works.

Couldn't be that you're talking ignorant shite could it? :pac:

Because I can give you plenty of examples of Evangelicals from the US doing it blatantly and overtly. Surely you can explain to me how the RCC does it?

Advertisement