Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who's going to see the Pope?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Taytoland wrote:
    It's not fine for the Pope to be invited but Obama was welcomed with open arms while bombing the hell out of children with drones.

I'm not aware of crimes Obama committed in Ireland maybe you know. However the crimes of the Catholic church in Ireland is well documented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

murpho999 wrote: »
    These gets thrown out all the time.

Care to back it up with anything solid?

Are you disputing Obama was welcomed or are you disputing he stood over drone strikes?

Taytoland wrote:
    Not if this thread is anything to go by. Talk of people buying up tickets to spoil it for Catholics wanting to see him. Spiteful Marxists in action.

Whose buying tickets? they are free. If you are going to have a rant at least inform yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Taytoland wrote: »
    Not if this thread is anything to go by. Talk of people buying up tickets to spoil it for Catholics wanting to see him. Spiteful Marxists in action.
    Womp womp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,182 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Omackeral wrote: »
    The latter is definitely what happened here though. It was institutional abuses by branches of an organisation. Pope Francis is head of that organisation. Now, by all accounts he seems to be a decent man but he's the head of the RCC so that's why the ire goes his way. I wouldn't bother my balls protesting anything myself but I can see why others would.

If you have evidence of any wrong-doing by the current person at the top, or any of his recent predecessors, then by all means protest it and have them charged and brought to justice.

Else it is just thinly hidden anti-Catholic bias.

Should we still protest the British Establishment and try to prevent people from identifying as British, even up North, because the Brits did us a lot of damage in the past? I mean the individuals who did that damage are no longer in power, or even alive in most cases. And time has changed the institutions they represented. But they did do bad things. So lets prevent anyone from expressing anything favouribel to do with Britishness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

These threads always bring out the true hatred
    and colours in those proclaiming to be all tolerant and secularist.

why would anybody be tolerant of child abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

pcuser wrote: »
    You inspired me to get another 12. I now have 22 available. This can keep going on all day.

Me too !!

I got 12

This email is confirmation that your booking for:

World Meeting of Families Final Mass
    Sunday 26th August 2018
    Phoenix Park, Dublin

has been received.
    This email is NOT a ticket. Your ticket application will be processed in the coming weeks.

You will receive your ticket(s) via email to this email address before 31st July 2018. Your tickets will be 'print-at-home' format.

Your tickets will be for a specific standing section at the Mass site. Tickets will be allocated on the basis of your route and the date of your booking. The World Meeting of Families 2018 controls all ticket allocation decisions and those decisions are final.

Should we still protest the British Establishment and try to prevent people from identifying as British, even up North, because the Brits did us a lot of damage in the past? I mean the individuals who did that damage are no longer in power, or even alive in most cases. And time has changed the institutions they represented. But they did do bad things. So lets prevent anyone from expressing anything favouribel to do with Britishness

That's a subject for a different thread I would imagine. Loving the whataboutery though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Marxists?

You do realise that people have the right to protests?
    It's not as if they're not a controversial organisation that has done some bad things in Ireland?

Are you disputing Obama was welcomed or are you disputing he stood over drone strikes?

The drone strikes that targeted children?

• Advertisement

The drone strikes that targeted children?

The poster you quoted didn't say targeted children though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Marxists?

You do realise that people have the right to protests?
    It's not as if they're not a controversial organisation that has done some bad things in Ireland?
    As I said I'm not the biggest fan at all as that would seem obvious. But the Pope is loved among Catholics and they must be respected to see the holy Father. I would have to side with the Catholics on this one over the reds.

The poster you quoted didn't say targeted children though.

Yes it did.
    It's not fine for the Pope to be invited but Obama was welcomed with open arms while bombing the hell out of children with drones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Think ill put mine up on eBay for €100 each closer to the day ... see if someone is dumb enough to pay ..

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    That's a subject for a different thread I would imagine. Loving the whataboutery though.

It's not "whataboutery"

Just seeing whether people are consistent

Most of them are probably driven by petty personal spitefulness and hate though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

why would anybody be tolerant of child abuse?

No one is advocating or tolerant of child abuse. To suggest such is blatantly a lie

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Think ill put mine up on eBay for €100 each closer to the day ... see if someone is dumb enough to pay ..

What a scumbag thing to do

Taytoland wrote:
    As I said I'm not the biggest fan at all as that would seem obvious. But the Pope is loved among Catholics and they must be respected to see the holy Father. I would have to side with the Catholics on this one over the reds.

Reds, Marxists? Someone's hat is on too tight.

Yes it did.

Doesn't say targeted at all.

Erdogan is loved by lots of Turks, Putin by lots of Russians, does that mean they or their regimes should not be criticised?

• Advertisement

It's not "whataboutery"

It is and you know it. ; )

Donate the money to 1 in 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

So anyone who doesn't support the Pope's visit is a Communist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No one is advocating or tolerant of child abuse. To suggest such is blatantly a lie

why would anybody tolerate an organisation that was (is?) complicit in and facilitated child abuse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Taytoland wrote:

Reds, Marxists? Someone's hat is on too tight.

People with Marxist ideals who follow the trend of postmodernism with progressive politics. I reject progressive politics, so the logical conclusion is to defend the Pope's visit and the Catholics who want to see him. If the degenerates of Irish society want to protest, then go ahead.

Erdogan is loved by lots of Turks, Putin by lots of Russians, does that mean they or their regimes should not be criticised?

Don't think anyone is asking you not to criticize anything

It's more about obstructing people's rights to make their own choices and decisions. And to prevent them from having something that might make them happy.

If you think your self-righteousness should be enough to deny any Turkish person the right to vote for Erdogan then that is a whole world away from you criticizing whatever he does

Taytoland wrote:
    People with Marxist ideals who follow the trend of postmodernism with progressive politics. I reject progressive politics, so the logical conclusion is to defend the Pope's visit and the Catholics who want to see him. If the degenerates of Irish society want to protest, then go ahead.

Not Marxist, Red, Commie, Orange ( like your good self) or any other idiotic label you can think of just no time for an organisation that preyed upon children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

are tickets on seatwave yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Exactly what im planning on doing!

• Advertisement

why would anybody tolerate an organisation that was (is?) complicit in and facilitated child abuse?

Is this about the Jews being responsible for all the wars again?

Advertisement