Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have 5k to invest in Cryptocurrency

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/01/15/cryptocurrency-startup-tron-disaster/

That’s a good start. Justin Lee is a scam artist, a lier, and a cheat, and he has made millions from hyping his coin to naive investors’ while he sold his stack for loads of real proper money.

There’s a main net release at the end of the month. Could be the source of some ‘megalols’.

https://medium.com/@DAR_crypto/trx-we-found-new-instances-of-code-copy-without-attribution-but-these-pale-in-comparison-to-the-305aff860f8b

The tron code (in so far as it exists) is a steaming pile of shîte. Worse than EOS, and we all know how that folded out.

Buying tron is one of the worst ways in the world to spend your money. Don’t do it. The only people who recommend you do so are those who bought it during the hysteria and mania phase, and now want to minimise their loss by offloading it to people like you. The greater fool theory is what it’s called.

You are quoting stuff that is months old and had been answered and explained numerous times. At least your are keeping to form, you do the same constantly when talking about Bitcoin, PoW etc etc.

The second article makes no mention of their code being 'a steaming pile of ****e' or ' worse than EOS' as you put it. It simply says it is a copy of EtheriumJ. Seeing as Tron is an ERC20 token why would this surprise anyone? Anything I have read from people who have been monitoring Tron's GitHub activity had been very positive. Tron even have a $10m bug bounty on offer for people to try and hack their MainNet. They have actively been rewarding people who have contributed to their code for months now.

Do you just look for all negative aspects of crypto and regurgitate then here? Do you ever research positive aspects to the tech?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

august12 wrote: »
    I would have to agree with this, also bought Tron believing i might make some profit, but when I transferred it to Tron website wallet and it doubled my holding, I knew there was something not legitimate, sold off all. Am invested in other coins, but not sure how these will develop, but am in no hurry, can wait a few years, GVT is my main holding at this point,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I recently read about this, what attracted you to GVT?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Whelo79 wrote: »
    You are quoting stuff that is months old and had been answered and explained numerous times. At least your are keeping to form, you do the same constantly when talking about Bitcoin, PoW etc etc.

The second article makes no mention of their code being 'a steaming pile of ****e' or ' worse than EOS' as you put it. It simply says it is a copy of EtheriumJ. Seeing as Tron is an ERC20 token why would this surprise anyone? Anything I have read from people who have been monitoring Tron's GitHub activity had been very positive. Tron even have a $10m bug bounty on offer for people to try and hack their MainNet. They have actively been rewarding people who have contributed to their code for months now.

Do you just look for all negative aspects of crypto and regurgitate then here? Do you ever research positive aspects to the tech?

The first article is a record of things that had happened up until Jan of this year. Nothing can change the past, so the points remain completely valid - lies, plagiarism, hype.

The second article is very recent, and is an independent review of the tron code. It’s a steaming pile of runny shîte. Now so was EOS, and they had a valuation of 12 billion, so things like centralisation and gaping security bugs don’t appear to make any difference. No one actually uses these things for anything productive in reality.

I’ve become rather knowledgeable about this space. You’re right; I see not a single workable, scalable, secure, and decentralised crypto token. None. The jury is still out on blockchain as a tech, but I’d imagine companies that do find a usecase would use something like hyperledger, rather than a coin created by a Chinese scam artist. Just my hunch like.

The first article is a record of things that had happened up until Jan of this year. Nothing can change the past, so the points remain completely valid - lies, plagiarism, hype.

The second article is very recent, and is an independent review of the tron code. It’s a steaming pile of runny shîte. Now so was EOS, and they had a valuation of 12 billion, so things like centralisation and gaping security bugs don’t appear to make any difference. No one actually uses these things for anything productive in reality.

I’ve become rather knowledgeable about this space. You’re right; I see not a single workable, scalable, secure, and decentralised crypto token. None. The jury is still out on blockchain as a tech, but I’d imagine companies that do find a usecase would use something like hyperledger, rather than a coin created by a Chinese scam artist. Just my hunch like.

You don't have one valid opinion of your own. You read stuff you find on reddit and regurgitate it here.

You don't answer questions put to you after you come on here with your regurgitated nonsense. You give yourself no credibility whatsoever.

I would compare you to Chicken Little, running around the farm yard telling everyone who will listen that the sky is falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Dohnjoe wrote:
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but I recently read about this, what attracted you to GVT?

The potential to earn extra money while investing in a manager, have you researched it, Geneis Vision team has a demo site up and running at present, you are given 100 demo tokens to invest to different managers, it is becoming more professional as the site is developed based on user feedback, I am accumulating for the last few months with the intention of investing maybe 25% of my holding to manager tokens once it goes live, join the telegram chat for more info, at present they are working on joining the exchanges so one can purchase crypto, Binance on board at present, it's called Genesis markets,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Benscc

el diablo wrote: »
    That is extremely poor advice. Tron more than likely won't exist in 2-4 years time.

Agreed, Tron is a s$$t coin. It will die a death in time - people will start to see through the founder's bull.

Avoid anything that is a vacuous hype project - sadly that's a lot of projects, but with good research you can find worthwhile investments.

Pick some ICO's that have an MVP or solid team who you think will deliver / has a track record.

I like product based investments, thinks in payments or finance that could get a large user base have a good potential to yield returns in medium short term.

Even after the meteoric rise and fall end of last year and start of this I am still up in my portfolio of 8 projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Don't do it. You missed the boat by at least 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Don't do it. You missed the boat by at least 2 years.

You could say that every year

Its a pretty good time to go in I'd say, but set low bids - wont be surprised to see a further drop and a lot of sideways before any real action again.

Benscc wrote: »
    Agreed, Tron is a s$$t coin. It will die a death in time - people will start to see through the founder's bull.

Avoid anything that is a vacuous hype project - sadly that's a lot of projects, but with good research you can find worthwhile investments.

Pick some ICO's that have an MVP or solid team who you think will deliver / has a track record.

I like product based investments, thinks in payments or finance that could get a large user base have a good potential to yield returns in medium short term.

Even after the meteoric rise and fall end of last year and start of this I am still up in my portfolio of 8 projects.

Welcome to the forum. Did you join up just to bash Tron? Another factless poster on spouting nonsense.

Tron currently have over 100 developers, multiple international offices, a MainNet launching in 3 days, a bug bounty of $10m on offer for people to hack their code and highlight vulnerabilities, have met or exceeded every deadline they have set to date.

But oh no, Justin Sun tweets too much and they plagarised some white paper on their English translated version, must be a **** coin obviously.

In fairness, Tron would have been sound advice when it came to investing dirty fiat into crypto. It's only down 12.17%. One of the best performers in the top 20. Can't wait for this main net launch. Gonna change the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

In fairness, Tron would have been sound advice when it came to investing dirty fiat into crypto. It's only down 12.17%. One of the best performers in the top 20. Can't wait for this main net launch. Gonna change the world.

I also dislike TRON but you can't say it's down 12.17%. it's up 4000% from launch.

Well done to ICO buyers as a gamble, it's as good as any would ever get to cash in after an 80% market crash.

grindle wrote: »
    I also dislike TRON but you can't say it's down 12.17%. it's up 4000% from launch.

Well done to ICO buyers as a gamble, it's as good as any would ever get to cash in after an 80% market crash.

Not trying to piss on your parade here Grindle, but this thread is only from this week. Asking about how to invest in crypto. So no airdrops, ico's, roadmaps, fake partnerships etc available. If the OP had taken the advice of any crypto advocate around here then he'd be left with 3987 euro at best for his 5k investment.

If this was in the main Investments forum then that would be the equivalent of suggesting someone invest in penny stocks or CFD's. Wildly speculative and dangerous. Murky sort of stuff.

I genuinely have nothing against you, or most of the posters around here. You're a nice lad, and very passionate about this area. This is gambling though. Not investment. And the house wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Put your money into gold now, cryptos are not a safe bet for your 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Put your money into gold now, cryptos are not a safe bet for your 5k.

Gold price can barely keep up with inflation nowadays due to many decades of price suppression and manipulation. Crypto markets have more potential to grow than precious metals.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

potential is a word for crypto's alright, bitcoin dropped 500 dollars yesterday, I dont see any youtube advertising mentioning that. Anyone investing anything but small amounts into crypto now would need their head examined. Its been going one way and thats down.

Book a flight to Hawaii and throw your money into the lava, at least then you'll see it going up in smoke.

Benscc wrote: »
    get a large user base have a good potential to yield returns in medium short term.

So what are your eight projects, whats the big secret..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

potential is a word for crypto's alright, bitcoin dropped 500 dollars yesterday, I dont see any youtube advertising mentioning that. Anyone investing anything but small amounts into crypto now would need their head examined. Its been going one way and thats down.

Book a flight to Hawaii and throw your money into the lava, at least then you'll see it going up in smoke.

Zoom out. Bitcoin is up 127% in the last year and 850% in the last two years. ;) Are you another one of those who got into crypto when it was at an all time high? :cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

It might be up from past high's, which were down to external factors, which dont exist anymore, its teetering on 5k, and has hit 5013 today, thats the lowest point in the bear run so far and the charts are pointing in one direction.

Its been going one way and thats down.

That's because there was a ridiculous high, followed by another ridiculous peak 6 months later. This is the fallout from that. The hangover. Market confidence is low or next to zero. All the usual people come out and declare that crypto is dead, finished. And indeed it could be. But we've had so many points like this in the last 7 years, some deeper and far longer. Historically, the best time to buy crypto is always when the market is low, no confidence.

Which is why I recommended gold, but there are gold linked cryptos, im not sure which one is worth a closer look OP best do a bit of research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Which is why I recommended gold, but there are gold linked cryptos, im not sure which one is worth a closer look OP best do a bit of research.

I bought physical gold - June 2013 if I recall, so 5 years ago now. Pretty sure the price is much the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I bought physical gold - June 2013 if I recall, so 5 years ago now. Pretty sure the price is much the same....

Gold is more of a hedge against war, currency instability etc. imho. Perhaps you are just looking at the return during the wrong period for gold as an investment ?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Here’s some real info.

Top 5000 wallet bitcoin holders are NOT selling.
    Look at their in’s and out’s on blockchain explorer’s.

Do you think millionaire’s and billionaire’s take their advice from YouTube and Reddit and listen to FUD and fad’s? No.
    They are buying more and more, because they see it as a VERY profitable investment.
    They wouldn’t waste their time for small gains when they can get that via stocks, gold and currency exchanges.

Honestly, if I’m going to do anything with my money, I’m going to do what the wealthy do. Not what some punk on YouTube or some Naysayers around here and Reddit say, just because they shout “you missed the boat” “it’s all a scam”.

Sorry, but you are WRONG.
    And you will be proven wrong.
    And when you are proven wrong, you will simply disappear to another fad to spread more ****e doom and gloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Here’s some real info.

Do you think millionaire’s and billionaire’s take their advice from YouTube and Reddit and listen to FUD and fad’s? No.
    They are buying more and more, because they see it as a VERY profitable investment.
    They wouldn’t waste their time for small gains when they can get that via stocks, gold and currency exchanges.

Honestly, if I’m going to do anything with my money, I’m going to do what the wealthy do. Not what some punk on YouTube or some Naysayers around here and Reddit say, just because they shout “you missed the boat” “it’s all a scam”.

Sorry, but you are WRONG.
    And you will be proven wrong.
    And when you are proven wrong, you will simply disappear to another fad to spread more ****e doom and gloom.

Anyone interested in throwing some analysis my way for 5-10% gains feel free!

Happy to reward these tips if they pay out!

Errm.... :o

Errm.... :o

And I would take their advice, and if I found it worthwhile, I would invest.
    I wouldn’t just buy or sell what someone else tells me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭amacca

Here’s some real info.

Any relatively trustworthy speculation as to the identity of the top wallet holders or some of them..if thats not an oxymoron:)

Here’s some real info.

Agreed. Must remember to quote some of these posts at a point in the future when the situation is different

Some people treat this market like it only started at Xmas. One of the coins I hold is still up 4,000% - this wasn't something I bought back in the mists of time, I bought it last year. It was top 5 then, is top 5 now. A bit of perspective is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Here's the list of the biggest BTC wallets

Linky

If you just look at the numero uno, look at the history. Current holding is about 180k BTC worth about one billion dollars today. They clearly ain't sellling and they are in for the long run. As per h0neybadger's argument
    amacca wrote: »
    Any relatively trustworthy speculation as to the identity of the top wallet holders or some of them..if thats not an oxymoron:)

Does it matter?

unkel wrote: »
    Here's the list of the biggest BTC wallets

Linky

If you just look at the numero uno, look at the history. Current holding is about 180k BTC worth about one billion dollars today. They clearly ain't sellling and they are in for the long run. As per h0neybadger's argument

Does it matter?

Top 5 there are all exchange cold wallets :)

But the 6th top account is worth 500m. That’s a private wallet. And there’s many many more of them holding huge sums of BTC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭maninasia

el diablo wrote: »
    Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Right now is a good time to invest as there has been a dip.

As a long term crypto investment I would put 20-30% of your funds into Tron. Over the next 2-4 years it should do well if they stick to their plan and market correctly.

That is extremely poor advice. Tron more than likely won't exist in 2-4 years time.

I'm not a fan of Tron.
    But it has a very large community of backers and holders. It assuredly will be around in a few years.
    It will probably go up in value in that time because crypto will boom again at some point.

They have also bought some technology orgs such as bit torrent.

Advertisement