Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yellowstone - Paramount *Spoilers*

• 01-03-2018 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭

Yellowstone
    Kevin Costner is set as the lead in Yellowstone, Paramount Network’s upcoming straight-to-series drama, written and executive produced by Oscar-nominated Hell or High Water and Sicario screenwriter Taylor Sheridan and executive produced by The Weinstein Company.

Costner will play John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders — land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny — where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world’s largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both.

Yellowstone is the first scripted drama series greenlighted by Paramount Network, Viacom’s new general entertainment network and leading scripted brand, which will replace Spike in early 2018, The 10-episode series is slated to go into production in the fall for premiere on the network in summer 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/kevin-costner-lead-paramount-network-drama-series-yellowstone-taylor-sheridan-the-weinstein-co-1202093341/

Taylor Sheridan is definitely a name to watch, impressive writing CV so far
    Post edited by The Black Oil on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The trailer looks great, production quality looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Taylor Sheridan has written and directed every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Oh! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sheriff Hale from SOA has done well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sort of reminds me of The Bridge FX remake here and with the bloke behind Sicario involved, there's probably some dodgy stuff going around the border or law. Looks well shot too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Starts on Wednesday.

One review called it a poor man's Dallas disappointing if true.

Hashtag Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

Starts on Wednesday.

Based on the trailer and those attached that would be very disappinting.
    Will wait for further feedback before deciding to watch.

Stunningly filmed using that amazing location a top class cast all acting well and so far a decent story.

I can see why the Dallas light is thrown at it however I really enjoyed the opening two episodes of it myself.

Taylor Sheridan really does seem to get this America and brings it to screen in a very enjoyable and watchable way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

1 ep yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

I thought the double episode pilot was excellent... reminds me of the good parts of "The Son" in a contemporary environment... mixed in with the best parts of Dallas

And also reminds me that we have wasted 20 years of Kevin Costner's career... what a star and what a great series (so far) for him to make his real comeback

So far it's good. Setup with tension already. Costner looks well chosen.

Looks capable of hitting highs. Might be a few filler episodes to come depending on their budget but with Sheridan writing, I'm optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

reminds me of longmire a bit too re the plan to build on the land

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Liked it. Great pedigree with Taylor Sheridan involved. I'll keep watching.

Well the pilot was a big hit ratings wise.
    The premiere of Paramount Network’s new drama series “Yellowstone” saw impressive gains in delayed viewing.

According to Nielsen Live+3 data, “Yellowstone” pulled in 4.8 million viewers, up approximately 71% from the 2.8 million the show drew in Live+Same Day in its premiere on June 20. With that, “Yellowstone” now ranks as ad-supported cable’s most-watched scripted drama series premiere since “The People vs O.J. Simpson” in 2016 and the most-watched original series telecast not only in the new network’s history, but also for its former iteration, Spike TV.

The show also rose 75% in adults 18-49, growing from a solid 0.4 to a 0.7 after three days of playback.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/yellowstone-premiere-ratings-delayed-viewing-1202856869/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

I must say I enjoyed that.

Probably best not to do any more calving work, newborns don't tend to hop up and run off like there's a wolf chasing them :pac:
    The daughter is a real piece of work. My only fear thus far is the son and his indian wife will do the all angsty relationship stuff, I hope that doesn't happen but I suppose that's what fast forward is for!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will this be shown on the new Paramount UK channel (Sky 159)?

The story moves along nicely in episode two.

Really enjoying the show.

Don't wanna jinx it so I guess I'll say.. That episode was good! :)

It's like Sheridan is writting good individual stories and slowly shaping up an overall story. As time goes by, I'm guessing it's gonna gain in tense / dread feel in the background until things get sorted out.

• Advertisement

Four: I liked that one. Just something about the feel or structure.

Thought it was gonna go downhill with the bar but it didn't.

Renewed for a 2nd season.

"If that's your happy I don't want to hear your sad"

Delighted this has been renewed as I am really enjoying the story they are telling.

Costner also seems really up for this role and he is on top class form.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

In what episode does the supervolcano erupt killing everyone? :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In what episode does the supervolcano erupt killing everyone? :p

I actually wandered into this thread thinking that it was a Dwayne Johnson movie.

Have added this to my list of things to watch now.

:eek: I was not expecting that at all :(

:(

So I'm guessing things
    are either about to go vrey violent or downhill rapidly for Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just binged on it over the last few nights really enjoying it...i really love costner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Where can this be viewed?

Netflix? Now tv?

Advertisement