Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield Leixlip

• 19-02-2018 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I'm looking to contact any of the people who were queuing for the 3 beds on Sat morning at the new development in Leixlip. House numbers 17-27. PM me here.

Thanks,

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

rui7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to contact any of the people who were queuing for the 3 beds on Sat morning at the new development in Leixlip. House numbers 17-27. PM me here.

Thanks,

R

Do you know how many they actually sold? I didn’t really get a straight answer on that and was told I could go on the cancellation list. I won’t be looking to buy until later this year anyway but more out of curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rui7

Not sure how many were sold. There were 20 units available, mostly 3 bed semis and then 4/5 beds semis. Pretty sure all the 3 beds were sold. The agents said the builders may release more to be sold but they wanted to sell the initial phase first.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rui7

i heard all sold out except two 4 beds

rui7 wrote: »
    i heard all sold out except two 4 beds

Really interesting, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tastyburger

Anybody in the process of buying in Westfield Leixlip, please Private Message me so we can compare notes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

Anyone know what phase will be released when and where?

Also has anyone spoke to the builders in regards to making certain changes to the kitchen for example making the island bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ClaireSh

We were out yesterday to view westfield. Most houses that they are selling seem to be close to the pylons that go over the housing estate. We seriously considered buying a house that we later realised is less than 100m from the pylon but it doesn't seem to bother anyone else. I researched about the pylons and their adverse health effects but seem to have contradicting views. Is this something I shouldn't think about too much. The houses are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Spiderpig085

mickey15ie wrote: »

Also has anyone spoke to the builders in regards to making certain changes to the kitchen for example making the island bigger?

We had this discussion. They said it shouldnt be a problem if there is funds etc. Classic builders.

Anybody in the process of buying in Westfield Leixlip, please Private Message me so we can compare notes..

Can I ask what prompted you to start this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

We had this discussion. They said it shouldnt be a problem if there is funds etc. Classic builders.

I work for a builder myself but ill let that comment pass ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CaughtFire

I was over there today, they have a small number in this current phase left, I was interested in a 4 bed as there’s only 2 left in this phase (number 10) but it’s facing one of the future apartment blocks and their parking spaces which put me off (parking, sunlight blocked etc)

Next phase expected to be released around August, but not confirmed. Was told there’s 170 due to be built/sold in total, only 60 have been sold/released so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭buffalo

We're starting to look into extras, I'd be interested to hear of anyone's experiences or prices.

buffalo wrote: »
    We're starting to look into extras, I'd be interested to hear of anyone's experiences or prices.

We are going to be exchanging contracts soon. So I guess closer to the time of our build we will get back to this.

Did you guys get any tiling included rather than the allowance? I know on the original site it mentioned "Extensive tiling throughout".

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RCL173

We’d also be interested in hearing people’s experiences in adding extras. In particular making changes to the kitchen. Has anyone spoken the kitchen supplier yet?

RCL173 wrote: »
    We’d also be interested in hearing people’s experiences in adding extras. In particular making changes to the kitchen. Has anyone spoken the kitchen supplier yet?

What are you interested in changing in particular? Curious what others are doing. Might just be a thing that everyone wants the same thing. We have not spoken to anyone yet.

What are you interested in changing in particular? Curious what others are doing. Might just be a thing that everyone wants the same thing. We have not spoken to anyone yet.

This is what we've asked about:
    - outside tap
    - sockets in attic
    - electricity supply to shed
    - Cat 5 network cabling around the house

We found out that the outside tap is standard, which is good news at least.

I’d be interested in changing the kitchen a bit like making the island bigger and change the worktop.
    Want to inquire about getting sockets in the attic as well.
    Would like to change the shape of the tray in the en suite bathroom and the type of shower fittings but that’s not a major priority.

This is what we've asked about:
    - outside tap
    - sockets in attic
    - electricity supply to shed
    - Cat 5 network cabling around the house

We found out that the outside tap is standard, which is good news at least.

What type of cabling is currently going into the houses?

RCL173 wrote: »
    What type of cabling is currently going into the houses?

In terms of networking? None that I know of.

For those who have bought recently, what was the rough completion date they gave? We’re also looking at these and just curious of the timeline.

• Advertisement

allym wrote: »
    For those who have bought recently, what was the rough completion date they gave? We’re also looking at these and just curious of the timeline.

Was told January, but these things always get delayed from what I’ve seen with friends buying

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hanlon586

You arrange your kitchen directly with the kitchen supplier so you can pick and choose style and layout you want. We ended up going for the bigger island which we paid for (style and colour change was free).

Kitchen supplier were lovely to deal with :)

Had a look at the planning website and they have put in to change the layouts and front elevation of the houses on the close and the avenue. Has anyone here who has bought these heard anything about what they’re looking to change?

When I checked the planning permission at the time of purchase, the apartment block near us was only 3 storey. It's now 4 storey, with a planning application to add a 5th. :( Less sunlight for my garden, more through traffic on the road I was hoping my kids could play on, and less green areas due to the extra car parking needed.

While I understand why you wouldn't mention this to potential buyers, I'm disappointed it wasn't communicated in any way. It would've affected our decision to buy - whether enough not to proceed, I don't know, but I'm not happy.
    the construction of an additional floor to the approved 4 storey apartment block - Block A, previously granted planning permission under reg. ref. 16/282 and 17/1374, comprising of an additional 5 no. 2 bed apartments along with amendments to the site layout to provide for the required additional car parking spaces along with all other ancillary site development works

File number 18662 at http://webgeo.kildarecoco.ie/public/planningsearch/171

It does seem a bit unfair that they can keep changing the plan as they go when it directly affects the houses already sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aine33

that's surprising. big difference from 3 to 5 floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 snipanda

I was told today that it will be 4-5 floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heksa78

For any of you who haven't made their decision yet we will be putting up our lovely house for sale soon. It is the 2nd estate down from Westfield no phylons, lovely garden, cul de sac area. House fully rennovated and extended to 5 bed (attic conversion) huge south facing garden and playhouse for kids. C1 rated with CCTV, new windows, kitchen and modern bathrooms. For more info pls send me PM.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 3 esker075

We were told no changes to the kitchen by Gallaghers Kitchens. The height of the presses are very high. Apparently its "new modern look". A little dysfunctional as lots of people will need a step to get to the top of the press. We were told today our house should be ready for snagging in 3-4 weeks.

• Advertisement

esker075 wrote: »
    We were told no changes to the kitchen by Gallaghers Kitchens. The height of the presses are very high. Apparently its "new modern look". A little dysfunctional as lots of people will need a step to get to the top of the press. We were told today our house should be ready for snagging in 3-4 weeks.

That’s very exciting, best of luck with it!

Advertisement