Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield Leixlip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Charliefoxtrot

Thanks, it was the Estate Agent we asked to keep us informed about any new release. Will give them a call tomorrow to remind them. Thanks!
    lawlor_j wrote: »
    You would be better to phone Estate agent i know they aee releasing more in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 go.cool

Hi Guys ,
    New here , does anyone know when a new phase will be launched in Westfield ? I know there was one launched in feb-mar 2018 and another in summer , have the prices been much different in phase 1 and phase 2, has anyone heard of phase 3 launch date ?

The estate agents are not very responsive..not sure what

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Charliefoxtrot

go.cool wrote: »
    Hi Guys ,
    New here , does anyone know when a new phase will be launched in Westfield ? I know there was one launched in feb-mar 2018 and another in summer , have the prices been much different in phase 1 and phase 2, has anyone heard of phase 3 launch date ?

The estate agents are not very responsive..not sure what

The Estate agent said a new release was due soon but that's all they knew. They said there will not be many houses released in the next phase. They said that The builders are making changes to the planning in the next phase and building more three beds than four beds than originally planned because I guess Three beds is where the demand is right now. More than half of house buyers are first time buyers looking for three beds. They must be struggling to shift the four beds as quick. Pity because I am looking for a four bed in the estate. Hopefully I can get one in the next phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawlor_j

Hi the next phase is due in the next couple of weeks.. dont think they stuggled to sell the 4 beds as i couldnt get one so settled for the three bed because they are so large in size.

The four beds were all nearly over 410 and more only ones for 400k were right beside the aparyments. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Hi the next phase is due in the next couple of weeks.. dont think they stuggled to sell the 4 beds as i couldnt get one so settled for the three bed because they are so large in size.

Odd, the 3-beds in Phase I were sold out when we were looking, while there were about ten 4-beds left.

• Advertisement

buffalo wrote: »
    Odd, the 3-beds in Phase I were sold out when we were looking, while there were about ten 4-beds left.

Maybe its because of the price as most of then were over the 410 mark. Did u get a price on the 4 beds. We only found out about these in June and had to be sale agreed on our house before he would take deposit.

Hi were you given a price on the 4 beds when there by any chance just wondering as a friend of mine looking at one but only 1 left beside the apartment for 400k

Hi were you given a price on the 4 beds when there by any chance just wondering as a friend of mine looking at one but only 1 left beside the apartment for 400k

It was back in March/April, so I don't really remember tbh. There was definitely at least one for €400k, and one up past €450k because it had a monster garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lisa_88_

Hi everyone
    I spoke to the Estate Agent today and they said they are hoping to release 6-10 houses at the end of the month-mainly 4 beds!! He said that the price of the 3 beds is likely to increase as the new 3 beds might be bigger!! I thought this was very disheartening as 375k is already quite expensive and the houses seemed to be a decent size anyway!! Has anyone else been told this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lisa_88_

Estate Agent told me today there is two 4 beds and two 2 beds available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RebeccaOC

Has anyone put a deposit on any of the houses on the avenue, facing the cables? If so, how do you feel about the visuals of the cables?
    We have a deposit down, but reconsidering. Any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

We are thinking of buying a house in The Park in Westfield and are wondering if anyone who has already bought, would share their experience on the below.
    The buying process i.e dealing with the builders, estate agent etc.
    The quality of the house (found the upstairs floor to be quite squeaky in the show house!)
    The facilities in the area, shops, restaurants etc
    Commuting to Dublin by bus/train
    Driving to Dublin i.e N4 traffic!

Hi,
    we have moved in about 4 weeks ago and can honestly say they are a beautiful house and Estate is so well looked after. We had someone come and snag the house and he said that it was one of the best built houses in years he had seen, very little other then paint touch up to be done and talking to neighbours was mainly the same for them. if you need anything the Builder is on site and he is fantastic to deal with never a problem. Estate agents are fine also Sherry Fitzgerald.

I go on the N4 every morning I work in city centre leave the house for 7:45 arrive about 8:25 so no bad also home in under an hour.

Hope this helps we looked at a lot of New builds and Westfield for us definitely exceeded our expectations. good luck in your decision we are so happy with ours.

Thanks very much, that's very helpful. It's good to hear you are happy there and that it went smoothly.

We only got mortgage approval a couple of weeks ago so we're a bit nervous about jumping straight in. The estate did seem very well kept though and we really liked the houses. Decisions decisions!
    Hi,
    we have moved in about 4 weeks ago and can honestly say they are a beautiful house and Estate is so well looked after. We had someone come and snag the house and he said that it was one of the best built houses in years he had seen, very little other then paint touch up to be done and talking to neighbours was mainly the same for them. if you need anything the Builder is on site and he is fantastic to deal with never a problem. Estate agents are fine also Sherry Fitzgerald.

I go on the N4 every morning I work in city centre leave the house for 7:45 arrive about 8:25 so no bad also home in under an hour.

Hope this helps we looked at a lot of New builds and Westfield for us definitely exceeded our expectations. good luck in your decision we are so happy with ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Looked at these houses too and they are a good product. It's all these pylons that are across the estate that leaves a bad taste, as does all this infrastructal work in the pipeline to feed power to Intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

myshirt wrote: »
    Looked at these houses too and they are a good product. It's all these pylons that are across the estate that leaves a bad taste, as does all this infrastructal work in the pipeline to feed power to Intel.

it really has to be taken into account as every other bit of land that side of glen easton shops is zoned industrial , the only chance of anything up near westfield is a load of warehouses and more power infrastructure, wouldn't bother me but that'll be the last residential development around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

it really has to be taken into account as every other bit of land that side of glen easton shops is zoned industrial , the only chance of anything up near westfield is a load of warehouses and more power infrastructure, wouldn't bother me but that'll be the last residential development around there.
    The south of the Green Lane was Finnegan's farm, and to the north was Lamberts farm. From what I remember, Finnegan mostly grew wheat, and Lamberts had livestock. The Wonderful Barn was once lived in, but has been empty for the past while. Planning permissions continually get pushed back for its land, as they can't develop all of it, so want "bang for their buck" and try to apply for dense residential planning (as fairly sure it's already bought).

As the other farmers won't get anywhere near what the first two farmers got at boom prices, I doubt they'll sell their land just yet. However, there's a parcel of land to the west of Westfield that only has a ESB substation. I'd say that'll be built on, eventually, as looking at 1995 OSI maps, it would have been owned by Lamberts. Time shall tell.

stdidit wrote: »
    We are thinking of buying a house in The Park in Westfield and are wondering if anyone who has already bought, would share their experience on the below.
    The buying process i.e dealing with the builders, estate agent etc.
    The quality of the house (found the upstairs floor to be quite squeaky in the show house!)
    The facilities in the area, shops, restaurants etc
    Commuting to Dublin by bus/train
    Driving to Dublin i.e N4 traffic!

We've been in since just before Christmas, and are delighted with it.

I found the estate agent absolutely dire, and made up whatever they thought we wanted to hear in order to close the sale. However, the builder is fantastic and site foreman has been back to fix a couple of niggles (snags we didn't spot on snagging essentially, and some follow-up work). Anyone I've had around has remarked on the quality, including various trademen who had worked in construction.

Shops are great - newsagent and pharmacy less than ten minutes' walk, Lidl ten minutes' walk, Aldi in the village or Celbridge, big Tesco this side of Maynooth. Struggling to get a GP, like every part of Dublin I think. Restaurants we haven't explored much, but good recommendations in Confey and lots of choice in Maynooth.

The train station less than ten minutes' cycle, I couldn't take the N4 every day. Tried it a few times and it was soul destroying.

As far as I know, the land across Green Lane - between Beech Park, the M4 and the link road - is residential?

Thanks very much for your reply buffalo, great info in there, you really can't beat first hand experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

We moved in last summer and are very happy with our house and the whole estate so far. The foreman is great and has sorted any niggles we had, like some of the windows and the French door handles were scratched during installation and were replaced. There were a few squeaky floorboards but we marked them during the snag and nailed them down, all are fine now. No issues getting snag list fixed either and a few other things we asked for were done too. Like the poster above, many tradesmen and visitors have remarked on the quality of the build. All amenities are close enough, but then we lived nearby for the last 5 years so we knew the area well and that we wanted to stay there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Cococonut

We're considering buying in Westfield, but have a few questions about what exactly is included if anyone doesn't mind sharing their experiences!

In the kitchens - is it just the cabinets/overall structure included? As in we would need to purchase cooker, fridge, dishwasher, etc ourselves?
    Same for the bathrooms - are toilets, sinks, baths and showers included?
    Is the tiling allowance enough to cover all the bathrooms, or did people have to spend much more over that allowance to fit their home out?
    Any other little things - like lights and switches and things like that, are they included?

Thanks so much, and sorry for all the questions, found it hard to get time to talk to the selling agents at the show houses!!

Cococonut wrote: »
    We're considering buying in Westfield, but have a few questions about what exactly is included if anyone doesn't mind sharing their experiences!

In the kitchens - is it just the cabinets/overall structure included? As in we would need to purchase cooker, fridge, dishwasher, etc ourselves?
    Is the tiling allowance enough to cover all the bathrooms, or did people have to spend much more over that allowance to fit their home out?
    Any other little things - like lights and switches and things like that, are they included?

Thanks so much, and sorry for all the questions, found it hard to get time to talk to the selling agents at the show houses!!

I can tell you it's just the cabinets/overall structure that's included for the kitchen so you'll have to buy the fridge, cooker etc yourself - at least that's what the agent told us.

I would presume the toilet and sink are included but maybe someone else can confirm that.

I have been told the tiling allowance is 3k, if that helps, but I don't know how far that will get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Shared this struggled of getting information, and getting mixed information, so can just answer one from our talks with them.

Kitchen no appliances, it's the cupboards, island and the integrated hob.

Thanks so much, trying to weigh up between buying here or other new estates that have appliances included in the purchase price...

Kitchens: cabinets and island included, no appliances (not even the hob, not sure what the confusion is above). You can pay extra to purchase from Gallaghers (the kitchen suppliers/installers), and they will supply and fit them after you close.

Bathrooms: toilets, sink units (incl. drawers in both upstairs rooms), bath included, shower base in ensuite, but not the shower doors/screen.

Tiling: we tiled all the walls upstairs, so paid extra. It depends what you want really - the allowance will allow floors and probably some of the wall, but quality and choice will be a factor.

Lightbulbs were included which was nice, electric fire in the front room, attic was floored with a folding ladder for access, alarm included with two motion detectors and sensors on the external doors, garden comes landscaped* with a seeded lawn in the back. And as above, the foreman is sound about fixing snags even after the sale.

edit: YMMV obviously, I don't know if all the above still holds true for the current phases.

*I mean, with plants :pac:

Kitchens: cabinets and island included, no appliances (not even the hob, not sure what the confusion is above). You can pay extra to purchase from Gallaghers (the kitchen suppliers/installers), and they will supply and fit them after you close.

Bathrooms: toilets, sink units (incl. drawers in both upstairs rooms), bath included, shower base in ensuite, but not the shower doors/screen.

Tiling: we tiled all the walls upstairs, so paid extra. It depends what you want really - the allowance will allow floors and probably some of the wall, but quality and choice will be a factor.

Lightbulbs were included which was nice, electric fire in the front room, attic was floored with a folding ladder for access, alarm included with two motion detectors and sensors on the external doors, garden comes landscaped with a seeded lawn in the back. And as above, the foreman is sound about fixing snags even after the sale.

edit: YMMV obviously, I don't know if all the above still holds true for the current phases.

Thanks so much, that's incredibly helpful!
    Out of interest too - is there a management fee charge? I know lots of estates in Dublin have them, but I wasn't able to see anything about it online or in the documentation

Thanks so much, that's incredibly helpful!
    Out of interest too - is there a management fee charge? I know lots of estates in Dublin have them, but I wasn't able to see anything about it online or in the documentation

The builder is looking after everything until the estate is complete. There was talk of a couple of hundred quid per annum after that, but very vague.

The builder is looking after everything until the estate is complete. There was talk of a couple of hundred quid per annum after that, but very vague.

Thanks for that, you've been a great help. Would be great if the selling agents were a bit better, but overall people seem happy in the estate, so that's good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Does anyone hear have any information on the pylons in Westfield and if they are any different to the ones that have been associated with ill health such as childhood lukaemia - though not proven causative.

I was reading the industry report on them by Three networks

https://www.three.ie/pdf/Expert%20Group%20on%20Health%20Effects%20of%20Electromagnetic%20Fields.pdf

and the consensus seems to be the evidence is too weak and the cost too disproportionately high to implement forced change in areas where people are already close to them. But it states

"However, given that there is still uncertainty about whether longterm exposure to ELF magnetic fields could cause childhood
    leukaemia, use of precautionary measures to lower people’s exposure, that are low or no cost, would therefore appear to be
    warranted."

Changing where the zoning for residential is before building began and houses were built would seem to me to be 'low cost' warranted.
    Indeed it seems the creche is proposed right at the walker of the where the pylons are which is very concerning.

Did the pylons only go up after the first phases of houses were put up?

Or are these pylons different?

Many thanks for any help. The only thing putting us off what seems a great development

• Advertisement

Compak wrote: »
    Does anyone hear have any information on the pylons in Westfield and if they are any different to the ones that have been associated with ill health such as childhood lukaemia - though not proven causative.

I was reading the industry report on them by Three networks

and the consensus seems to be the evidence is too weak and the cost too disproportionately high to implement forced change in areas where people are already close to them. But it states

"However, given that there is still uncertainty about whether longterm exposure to ELF magnetic fields could cause childhood
    leukaemia, use of precautionary measures to lower people’s exposure, that are low or no cost, would therefore appear to be
    warranted."

Changing where the zoning for residential is before building began and houses were built would seem to me to be 'low cost' warranted.
    Indeed it seems the creche is proposed right at the walker of the where the pylons are which is very concerning.

Did the pylons only go up after the first phases of houses were put up?

Or are these pylons different?

Many thanks for any help. The only thing putting us off what seems a great development

I was concerned about this too, and have been doing a good bit of research on it.
    What I've found is (and someone correct me if I'm wrong!) is that any studies which had any link between power lines and childhood leukaemia (the results are debatable anyway) found that long term exposure of a minimum of 0.3 μT was linked to any increase in cancer risk.
    However, the pylons in Westfield are 110kV lines, and at a distance of 30 metres away you would be exposed to 0.1μT.
    My understanding is these pylons are more similar to those regular wooden poles that carry electricity lines, rather than the big 440kV lines mentioned in those cancer studies.

Hopefully I have that all correct, and that it helps! I can't post links, but am happy to pm my sources of this info to anyone!

Advertisement