Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

request and a query

Options
  • 02-06-2018 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello everyone,
    I'm completing my Master's thesis and I am looking for participants (currently working) to complete an anonymous survey to help me understand more about diversity management within organisations and its relation with well-being. The purpose of the study is to find out whether diversity management impacts positively or negatively on employees(with different sexual orientation, gender, race, age) physical, emotional and social well-being. I am wondering, would it be possible to share the link to my survey on this forum?

mod edit - permission has been given: Link to survey:https://tcdbusiness.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4UixogBIHPrnWip.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Why rereg? If you didn't get enough participants with your last thread I doubt you're not going to get enough now.

I get where you're coming from, but this is just spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arya1996

that thread is not mine. so can't say about it but this is a genuine request no spam

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

arya1996 wrote: »
    that thread is not mine. so can't say about it but this is a genuine request no spam

If you send a private message to the moderators directing them to this thread, they'll usually give permission for these sorts of surveys.

May I ask just from a personal point of view - is the survey open to people who aren't LGB or T too? I mean, would there be much point in me completing the survey as I'm not LGB or T, but are there questions where I could offer an opinion on how workplace diversity is fostered in my workplace?

We're a pretty diverse bunch with regards to things like gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, ethnicity, etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arya1996

definitely it is open for everyone who is working. yes there are questions to test the level of diversity management in your organisation. also in the comment box you can describe and leave your views about the issue in the survey if some issue left untouched in the survey.

also, how can i notify moderators?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

aren't LGB or T too? I mean, would there be much point in me completing the survey as I'm not LGB or T,

Hmmm.. odd way of phrasing LGBT (an established acronym) but okay...

Can't be arsed engaging with this poster anyways.

• Advertisement

arya1996 wrote: »
    definitely it is open for everyone who is working. yes there are questions to test the level of diversity management in your organisation. also in the comment box you can describe and leave your views about the issue in the survey if some issue left untouched in the survey.

also, how can i notify moderators?

Excellent stuff :D

I've just flagged your post now for their attention (little flag icon) and they should respond when they get a chance. They're usually fairly active contributors on here anyway :)

Hmmm.. odd way of phrasing LGBT (an established acronym) but okay...

Can't be arsed engaging with this poster anyways.

Gender and sexual orientation are not the same thing is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Gender and sexual orientation are not the same thing is all.

Uh-huh... Thanks for the lesson, bud :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have locked the thread untilone of the mod team approve the survey. Op, pleas send me a pm with more details of your study.

Also note it’s poor form to sign up purely to post about research.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

further info received and mod permission given.

Re: previous posts they are two different surveys, albeit likely from the same class. I hope we are not going to see a huge influx of students from this course seeking permission to post surveys in here; this is not the purpose of this forum.

To the OP: please have a think about diversity and your use of language. Nowhere in your survey does it give a chance to state you are a trans person; options given are male, female and gender non-binary (that last option is welcome however); someones trans-ness may well indeed be a reason they feel left out etc in the workplace however your survey does not allow them to say that.

To other posters; lets not drag the thread off topic with a back and forth about gender and sexuality. Take it to Pm with the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Done

Advertisement