Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crew 2

• 31-05-2018 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone able to play the Beta? I keep getting server error messages on ps4.

It actually looks like a lot of fun (the driving anyway, zero interest in planes and boats). Beta videos remind message of a mix of need for speed underground and test drive unlimited. Really wish I get could get a game going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gave up on the earlier betas when I managed to land my boat on an island, i liked the 1st one eventually but no interest in GTA side missions as a full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The demo, sorry beta, is actually pretty fun so far! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The demo, sorry beta, is actually pretty fun so far! :)

Yeah liking it too. Someone on reddit drove from San Francisco to Miami in the game and it took 45 minutes to do, 20 minutes longer than the first game. So it looks like the map is much bigger and more detailed than the first game

Yeah liking it too. Someone on reddit drove from San Francisco to Miami in the game and it took 45 minutes to do, 20 minutes longer than the first game. So it looks like the map is much bigger and more detailed than the first game

I've been using fast travel myself, but it does feel bigger than the first.
    You can instantly go anywhere in the huge map, practically zero loading and swap vehicles, and vehicle types instantly.

Course the game modes are fun also :)

I've been using fast travel myself, but it does feel bigger than the first.
    You can instantly go anywhere in the huge map, practically zero loading and swap vehicles, and vehicle types instantly.

Course the game modes are fun also :)

Yeah and the vehicles look unreal too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is a lot of fun and looks class too. Eoin, you showed up on my map and I was able to teleport straight to you but you were in a boat and I hadn't unlocked I've yet. Very impressed how easy it was too jump straight to other players. Got a boat and plane now. I find the boat very boring, the plane is grand but the street racing is great. Still have to try the off road stuff.

Photo mode is so addictive and I barely scratched the surface with it.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1002658005396045825?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I never played the first one, what exactly is it about? Similar to GTA and Saint's Row, something less violent? Or it is just a racer? Looks good though.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This is a lot of fun and looks class too. Eoin, you showed up on my map and I was able to teleport straight to you but you were in a boat and I hadn't unlocked I've yet. Very impressed how easy it was too jump straight to other players. Got a boat and plane now. I find the boat very boring, the plane is grand but the street racing is great. Still have to try the off road stuff.

Photo mode is so addictive and I barely scratched the surface with it.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1002658005396045825?s=19

Yeah got notification that you were online. Off-road is good and the raids are cool as they are completely off the beaten track

Looks class Sheehy!
    Is that running on a PS4 Pro?
    jaxxx wrote: »
    I never played the first one, what exactly is it about? Similar to GTA and Saint's Row, something less violent? Or it is just a racer? Looks good though.

It's a racing game with a bit of story mode.
    Takes place on a map that is a scaled down version of the entire USA :)

Looks class Sheehy!
    Is that running on a PS4 Pro?

Nope, standard PS4. I'd say the possibilities for photos are endless with the scenery on hand. I've been looking for a racing game recently like need for speed and this looks way better than Payback. Plenty of customisation on hand as well. The street races actually remind me of NFS Underground with the alleys and jumps. The handling feels good, nice and heavy, and the cockpit view looks great. Looking forward to playing more but the beta has definitely upped my interest.

• Advertisement

Nope, standard PS4. I'd say the possibilities for photos are endless with the scenery on hand. I've been looking for a racing game recently like need for speed and this looks way better than Payback. Plenty of customisation on hand as well. The street races actually remind me of NFS Underground with the alleys and jumps. The handling feels good, nice and heavy, and the cockpit view looks great. Looking forward to playing more but the beta has definitely upped my interest.

Yeah I’m tempted to get this even though I usually don’t play driving games. I tried playing the first one but couldn’t get into it but this seems a lot more open in that there are plenty of things to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Is the beta over lads, if not how to sign up. Been dying for a new racer to sink some hours in

Edit: Nevermind, a quick google got me sorted. Were people waiting long for a beta code?

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Is the beta over lads, if not how to sign up. Been dying for a new racer to sink some hours in

Edit: Nevermind, a quick google got me sorted. Were people waiting long for a beta code?

It runs to the 4th. I can send 3 codes to people through the ubisoft website. Sign into ubisoft site, add me as a friend msheehy. Let me know once done and I can send you a key. Bit of a hassle but i guess Ubi want more hits on their site.

It runs to the 4th. I can send 3 codes to people through the ubisoft website. Sign into ubisoft site, add me as a friend msheehy. Let me know once done and I can send you a key. Bit of a hassle but i guess Ubi want more hits on their site.

I’ve three codes too but it has to be for PS4. User name is EoinMcLovin

Looks great for an OG ps4!
    The looks like a better setup than NFS for sure! :)

Tried to add you there bud but couldnt find you.
    Gambit1929 is my username if that helps any

Tried to add you there bud but couldnt find you.
    Gambit1929 is my username if that helps any

I just added you there, give me two minutes to send invite to beta

I’ve three codes too but it has to be for PS4. User name is EoinMcLovin

Sent you an inv there bud, will take one of those codes if handy.

Cheers Zero though man.

That ubisoft webpage is tough to manage on mobile

Cheers Zero though man.

Invite sent also use the Ubisoft club app, it’s much easier to use

The nfs underground comment was what got my eyebrow raised. Loved that game. Close 2nd to granturismo 3 on the ps2. Wish they'd just give me another one of those

• Advertisement

Cheers Zero though man.

Yupp website is shyte. Says I have a new friend request but won't load it for me. What's your ubi username?

Sorry didn't see your post above! Sent you a friend request now

Yupp website is shyte. Says I have a new friend request but won't load it for me. What's your ubi username?

I already sent out invite. And as I mentioned in previous comment, use the Ubisoft club app

I'm playing the beta on xbox, so if any xbox people want an invite, add marcjbrophy in the ubisoft friends and let me know :)

I already sent out invite. And as I mentioned in previous comment, use the Ubisoft club app

Ya sorry man, missed about 4 posts above :) I'm on for a while now if anyone wants to go for a spin across the US, a random guy drive up to me and he didn't try to crash into me once, something that's never happened too be in NFS 2015 online.

Psn - sheehy83

Sorry for comong across like a moron here but ubisoft are not naking it easy for me. I cant see the invite to the beta, how do i accept it?

Edit again: Got it, came through email not through my account in app like i thought it would. Cheers lads.

Sorry for comong across like a moron here but ubisoft are not naking it easy for me. I cant see the invite to the beta, how do i accept it?

From the faqs

Receiving an invite from a friend already participating to the Closed Beta.
    b) For Xbox One & PS4
    Use the confirmation link available on the invitation email to request the sending of a second email containing your Closed Beta key.

Ya sorry man, missed about 4 posts above :) I'm on for a while now if anyone wants to go for a spin across the US, a random guy drive up to me and he didn't try to crash into me once, something that's never happened too be in NFS 2015 online.

Psn - sheehy83

No worries, I’m online now anyway

From the faqs

Receiving an invite from a friend already participating to the Closed Beta.
    b) For Xbox One & PS4
    Use the confirmation link available on the invitation email to request the sending of a second email containing your Closed Beta key.

Yeah been years since ive donw beta stuff and it was all going over my head.
    Downloading now so hopefully get a bit of a session in later.

Cheers for all the help/codes lads. Very helpful, much appreciated.

Hey Eoin that was a good race! I missed a checkpoint which ****ed me up but some come back :pac: not sure what was going on for some of the cruising, your dot would disappear off the map intermittently.

Have to head off but will be back on again tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Also, the ability to replay the last 10 minutes of your free driving and watch it from multiple angles or free camera and edit the video is just class. First pic below is Eoin trying to monster truck over a poor old lady. The friends system seems a bit finicky but it might just be in not sure what's going on :) a full crew of lads on here would be a great laugh.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1002707119894876160?s=19

End of our race, how close was that!!

Advertisement