Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crew 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

There is an open beta coming also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked up the original on sale last week, working my way through it again. Forgot how big it was. Placing a marker that looks like it's only up the road ends up in a 10k drive! Still have an issue with the upgrade system, but at least it's not as bad as Payback.

Looking forward to this! It looks purty!

Season Pass details.
    • Three exclusive vehicles on day one, the Porsche 911 TURBO 3.6, the SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE MK IX and the ICE Marine BLADERUNNER 35
    • Seven days early access to the monthly added vehicles, totaling 22 vehicles
    • One exclusive house location as well as two exclusive outfits
    • VIP 20% discount off of the game store

There is an open beta coming also.

Open Beta starts on June 21st which is a week before launch

• Advertisement

Open Beta is now live. For those who played the closed beta, there is a lot more races available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Open Beta is now live. For those who played the closed beta, there is a lot more races available

When's it open until?

Probably won't get around to playing anything until Saturday afternoon :)

Is the Gold edition out Tuesday or Friday, anyone know?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    When's it open until?

Probably won't get around to playing anything until Saturday afternoon :)

Is the Gold edition out Tuesday or Friday, anyone know?

Beta ends Sunday morning. Gold edition out on Tuesday and standard out on Friday. Gold edition on console is 75 (70 if collected in store) in Smyths

Beta ends Sunday morning. Gold edition out on Tuesday and standard out on Friday. Gold edition on console is 75 (70 if collected in store) in Smyths

Cool thanks!
    Yeah, I have it pre-ordered, but I thought it was next Friday!
    Then I remembered that FC5 GE was Tue and AC: Odyssey GE is going to be Tues also, and it got me thinking!

Luckily I have a few quid left in my account, payday isn't until the 28th :D

Cool thanks!
    Yeah, I have it pre-ordered, but I thought it was next Friday!
    Then I remembered that FC5 GE was Tue and AC: Odyssey GE is going to be Tues also, and it got me thinking!

Luckily I have a few quid left in my account, payday isn't until the 28th :D

Was the gold edition for Far cry 5 out a few days earlier than standard? Thought all versions were released on same day. The Crew 2 seems to be the first game to have gold edition released earlier than standard edition. Going to get gold edition from Smyths as it’s 85 on Canadian store but 75 in Smyths. It’s 100 on Irish PSN so saving 25 by getting physical copy

• Advertisement

Was the gold edition for Far cry 5 out a few days earlier than standard? Thought all versions were released on same day. The Crew 2 seems to be the first game to have gold edition released earlier than standard edition. Going to get gold edition from Smyths as it’s 85 on Canadian store but 75 in Smyths. It’s 100 on Irish PSN so saving 25 by getting physical copy

There was only a GE available to pre-order from Smyths. I don't remember seeing a regular version of FC5 to be honest :)

Saving 25 and having a copy to trade back in the future, is good business :)

There was only a GE available to pre-order from Smyths. I don't remember seeing a regular version of FC5 to be honest :)

Saving 25 and having a copy to trade back in the future, is good business :)
    I rarely trade in games nowadays. Still tempted to get gold edition on Canadian store as already have $85 so just need extra $45. Can get $50 for €30 on PCGamesupply. If there is nothing good on this weekend's Flash sale I'll go Digital otherwise I'll get it in Smyths.
    Compared to the closed beta, the extra disciplines are really good. Tried motocross and jetsprint, need to save money for touring car. Takes a while to get used to jetsprint as races have a lot of sharp turns especially the one in Vegas Canals. It seems the Live Extreme races will have you race in multiple vehicles

Is there a colour blind mode available for the mini map?
    Or a transparency slider at the very least? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know if GS are doing their trade a select game in and get crew 2 for 20? I see it's up for FIFA 19 alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know if GS are doing their trade a select game in and get crew 2 for 20? I see it's up for FIFA 19 alright.

I'd say the best thing to do is phone you nearest Gamestop to findout.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'd say the best thing to do is phone you nearest Gamestop to findout.

Yeah will check with them in the morning, said I'd give a go on here in case anyone saw a promotion. I saw Vampyr is on their list of trade in offers and I should be finished that this week.

Bought the gold edition on my Canadian account and have been playing on normal account. There was an error with redeeming gold edition cars since yesterday that was supposedly fixed. Still wasn’t getting them on Irish account so logged into Game on Canadian account. All dlc showed up no problem. Completely forgot that Ubisoft usually tie Season Pass content to the purchasing account . So I payed 10 Euro extra compared to just getting in Smyths just to play a few days earlier. At least I know now to be avoid buying Ubisoft games on my Canadian account.

Does anybody know if any other company follows this practice of locking dlc to purchasing account ?

Ah that sucks man. How are you finding the full game?

Ah that sucks man. How are you finding the full game?

It’s good, only playing a bit here and there at the moment. Got a Ferrari hypercar just because I played the first game and an Aston Martin Vanquish through Ubi Club.
    Luckily season pass only gives early access and not major Dlc so just missing out on five vehicles that I think I can still buy anyway and three vehicles tied to season pass .

Also just remembered that I bought South Park the fractured but hole on my Canadian account along with season pass and was able to play the DLC
    on Irish account no problem. It seems to be certain Ubisoft games tie Season Pass to purchasing account. I think For Honor, The Division and The Crew and maybe Rainbow Six Siege do such a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Tempted to pick this up for something mindless to pluck away at in the evenings, but the middling reviews, empty soulless world and lack of PvP are holding me back.

It's a shame cause I was really looking forwards to this, but this notion of putting out a shell of a game with the intention of finishing with expansions later down the line is wearing a little thin. Might check it out once PvP is added in a few months but I suspect the servers may be slightly dead by then especially with Forza Horizon 4 just around the corner.

• Advertisement

Borrowed a friend's copy so I could decide whether I wanted to buy or not. A couple of hours in and it's genuinely one of the worst games I think I've played this year (subjective opinion of course).

First up, the game wants to be cool to the point where the dialogue and writing are offensively bad. Nobody, and I mean nobody, should ever use words such as "badassdom". In its desperate attempts to appeal to the same audience as the Forza Horizon series, it has unfortunately come off as a parody of that game IMO.

Secondly (whilst this is partly due I assume, to the size of the game) the world is the most empty and bland world I have ever come across in all my years of gaming. It feels sterile. It's all well and good giving me the whole of the US to explore, but if the world contains no sense of place and instead feels like a souless diagrams, then why would I want to make epic journeys across it?

The races themselves also feel like fan created content from a track editor. Whereas the Horizon series contains events and races that feel handcrafted to take advantage of the scenery and environment, The majority of events in the Crew feel like Stevie Wonder started slapping down checkpoits with reckless abandon.

No PvP....in a game heavily promoted as a multiplayer experience.... In fact why is this game online only at all? Most of the content seems geared towards single player so what gives? And more to the point, in a game that caters primarily to single players, kick me out every ten mins or so for inactivity.

Long story short, the game to me is bland, unoriginal, poorly constructed, and needlessly online only. This is almost a Destiny 2 style situation for me. Make a sequel that guts the franchise of all the features and fun that eventually made the first installment fun to play in the end.

Worthabuy's review of this game is hilarious.

Actually watched it last night, and everything he said is pretty much spot on. It's a game aimed 12 year olds, with races and events that are so piss poor, that as I said above, feel like some amateur was let loose with a track editor. Also something I forgot to mention was the rubber banding in this game, it's entirely possible to be 16 seconds behind 1st place going into the final lap of a race and manage to come out on top. Basically skill counts for nothing here, of your vehicle is on point specs wise, expect to finish either a split second in front or behind of the vehicles around you.

Down to 36 in Argos and 35 in smyths. Very tempting but the user reviews here are really putting me off. Cex are giving 36 cash for it so still might be with a go and sell if I don't like it.

Down to 36 in Argos and 35 in smyths. Very tempting but the user reviews here are really putting me off. Cex are giving 36 cash for it so still might be with a go and sell if I don't like it.

Probably best option, it's an alright racing game but it gets very repetitive very fast

Probably best option, it's an alright racing game but it gets very repetitive very fast

I was kind of getting burnt by the end of the beta, might just leave it off. That's a fast discount though.

I was kind of getting burnt by the end of the beta, might just leave it off. That's a fast discount though.

PVP not releasing until December is definitely a factor of the price going down so fast

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just buy Onrush instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Bought this again for PvP.

It has never worked, not even once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked this up a couple of days ago for €20. Have only scratched the surface, but it's not very good at telling you what to do and how to do it. I had to Google how to upgrade my car, as at no point did the game tell me to hold the options button (until after I had figured it out, of course). I can echo above, the dialogue is shocking. I'm tempted to turn off the audio for voice because of it. I've no problem if it's geared towards a SP experience, I would prefer that, but that voice acting... *shudder*

I picked Street Racing as my first discipline, and it gave me the sum total of 3 races to complete. Then pushed me towards trying the other disciplines. So I did the water one, got some crazy cut-scene about some woman who only takes the best or something. Whatever. I got a boat. The first and second boat races were meh. Can't see myself putting too much time into the boat racing, but I've a feeling the game will force me to so I can level up. Only did the initial plane intro, not sure if I'm going to like it, it didn't tell me if I could yaw, and it was annoying me.

Next, the character models. Why give me a choice of characters if there is no difference between them? And why do they look like they were modelled on a PS3? I'm all for creating 3D versions of characters in games, it can add depth, but the characters in this are so badly modelled, and coupled with the horrendous voice acting, it feels like a mod for a game. Either do it right, or just leave it to voice only. It's actively taking away from the game.

It then took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to work the map, how to get out of the current event area that is going on where you can walk around, slowly, and realistically do nothing (hold O, in case anyone is wondering). Just seems thrown together. But I'll stick with it for a while, i'm hoping all this crap will be gone as soon as I'm a bit further into the game.

I will give this something though, there's a massive choice of cars. I just hope the game allows you to afford more than a few like the first game. No point giving me all this choice if my only real option of getting them is to spend actual money. Also noticing a distinct lack of Mitsubishi...

For now, it's not that impressive, can't really judge it on the races yet as I've only done 3! Don't even know if it's worth the €20 yet.

Advertisement